Thread: Anyone else' have a two-faced family?

Anyone else' have a two-faced family?

After reading Beamer's experience with her family I began thinking, but did not want to thread-jack, so here it goes.

Is your family (friends and acquaintances) like Beamer's, as in openly opposed/hateful towards people who are 'different'; or are they like a portion of mine in that they will say they are supportive/accepting around 'different' people . . . and then run them down behind their back?

There are members of my family that are all smiles and warm greetings when my cousin is in to visit, but as soon as he and his partner leave, they act as if they had just played host to a leper colony. It is very sad and infuriating, and one of the main reasons that I try to limit just who I come out to.

Not that I in anyway agree with the open hate, I would much rather have them as apposed to what I have since at least you knew where you stood with them.

I think a lot of people are that way. I don't not understand why they are that way either. If i don't like someone, I am pretty open about it from the start and never behind their back but I tend to get to know a person before I feel one way or the other about them. Is my family this way? I would like to say no but the truth is I see/hear this kind of thing from time to time. Probably the reason I do not think I could come to expect them to be very supportive. Same with my GF, one day she is one way and the next another. It's a sad world we live in.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I guess it really boils down to whether you care or value what others think, family notwithstanding. I know who I am and am okay with it. If they don't like it, it's their loss not mine.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'd say all in all my family is one-faced. But it can be a hard face.

There are a lot of people that follow the rest of the family sentiment when it comes to relatives that do not fit the standard mould.
    It is just human nature.
    Like a lot of sheep.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Family. Friends. Coworkers. It works the same way with everyone.

What difference does it make?

Which would you rather have?

1] a SA who is attentive, courteous, helpful and quick to ring up your purchase, and then who might laugh his or her a$$ off as soon as you are out the door or curtain #2?

2] They begin to glare at you as soon as you approach them and just when conversation is imminent, they let YOU have it with both barrels.

If you are constantly worried about what others are thinking or saying about you you will NEVER be happy. I think it is far better to judge people simply on how they TREAT you.
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 09-30-2012 at 08:55 PM.

I've only told one family member about my cross dressing, my brother was with me when my ex tried to use it in court in a child visitation hearing. On the way home he asked me what was a transvestite (common name for us back then) I had to explain, he said Oh, and that was that, nothing changed between us, the rest of his life, and as far I can tell he never mentioned it again to anyone. I do have a cousin that is gay, and I've never heard anyone in the family ever say a negative word about her and her Girlfriend, and everyone seems to generally love to see them come for a visit. I wish more people could say the same.
    But by choice I stay in the closet, as it's just not something i see a need to share. I've never felt the need for others to validate my life style.
    tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I have four siblings. Of the five of us, four are close (me, included). We USED TO SAY that we were a pathetic and dysfunctional bunch... but NOW we look about at our contemporaries, from times gone by, and we say (amongst us, when we're together): "Heck, these days, we seem downright NORMAL!!!!"

And, yes, we say, "We sure put the "fun" in "dysfunctional"!!!!!"

I'm not and that's all that matters to me....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    What people say in private is more of an indication to what they believe than what they say for public consumption.

I've seen it all my life, but I agree with Karren! I'm not and that's the only one I have to answer for!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Platinum Member
    Hi Makaila, That's human nature some things will never change.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!