Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My FFS Surgery!

Best wishes!!! It's a huge step and you are going to love it! It will be tough for a bit but the impact for you will be immediate. I hope you get the result you want and have a quick recovery

Enjoy your next 24 hrs before Tuesday. Also, get some light reading, you are going to spend time in the "library" !

Hugs, prayers, and best wishes, Pamela! May you have a speedy recovery!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

HOLA niña bonita! Say HI to my family, Lazaro, Theresa and Tyler and Vicente, I miss them so much. I know this is the time you had been waiting on, but those dreams are now and becoming as real as your own flesh, WOW, I remember like yesterday the joy in post surgical discomfort of knowing what is to come in the next few months, real, beautiful, wholesome, true! Cant wait till some pics come our way!

All the love, and looks from here, like you got plenty of that coming your way

Have a safe trip Pamela and heal well and fast I'm so happy for you .Looking foward to your reports on recovery, results ,and healing Big Hugs. I hope to follow in your footsteps soon.

Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight.
    All the best, Pam. This is a milestone. May you be happily astonished at the look your surgeon brings out.
    If only our families and friends could be as supportive as our bras!

What Me Worry
    Pamela all the best for a great surgery and uneventful recovery I look forward to Pam 2.0
    To Dream The Impossible Dream.
    Full Time 10/1/2012

Well I guess this is update #1. I'm here in Guadalajara in room #1 of the house of broken dolls as some of it's previous tenants refer to it. Vincente picked me up at the airport and took me to the recovery house (sure was glad he was driving and not me) where I met some of my house mates.

Getting ready to leave in a few minutes to go meet with the cardiologist and Dr. Cardenas to discuss my surgery in the morning and take some pre-surgery pictures. I'm a little nervous but looking forward past the pain to the end result.

More to follow.
    Will probably be out of touch after this evening until I get back from the hospital
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

Pamela, I didn't notice your thread until Monday evening but I'd like to wish you a successful surgery and a quick recovery.

Hugs, Eryn

I was talking to Tyler this evening and while he couldn't give me any details, he did say Pam made it there safely, had her surgery today, and is probably out of surgery. We shall see in a few days when she is feeling well enough to post.................Stephanie

Well I survived the approx 8 hour FFS surgery. Still have tubes sticking out from lipo and have to wear a wrap around bandage and a diaper for a few more days. The part that bothers me the most is the packing and straws in my nose from the nose job.

I'll post a picture tomorrow, just up for a pain pill.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

congratulations! have a fast recovery, try to rest as much as possible.
    "I'm not sure. But I'll never know unless I give it a shot."

YAY! for Pam! I'm excited for you your going to love the results i'm sure

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Best of luck on your surgeries and youve come a long way.
    Pinkessence Transliving Urnotalone

Well here are the pictures I promised, pretty rugged huh. I am ready to get this packing out of my nose and then things will get better. Doing better today than yesterday and hopefully that's the way it is every day going forward.

Dr. Cardenas was happy with the results so I'll have to take his word for it until the swelling goes down in the next few weeks and I can start to see the results for myself.

More to come!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pam

Banned Read only
    OUCH! I know it is a pain now but will be so worth it. Hang in there it will get much better but it's going to take a few days.

Silver Member
    Ow! It is so painful to see these pictures, but it is also delightful! I'm slightly amazed at your posting so soon.

Big congratulations on getting through the surgery! Best wishes for quick healing.
    Lea

Ugh, I have had non FFS nose and jaw work done in the past, so I feel your pain (or have felt it before). The little bandage under the nose gets really annoying after a couple of days, the area where the tape sticks starts getting raw. That said, the worst was over in 5-7 days for me. I have had the splints in my nostrils as well, having them removed feels VERY strange (they go deeper than you think), but you will feel sooooooo much better when they are gone.

I'm really interested in your experience, as I can see that you have had most of the same procedures I want. Please get your rest, and pass the time as easily as you can. I know it hurts, but there is a great prize for you at the end of this!

Anna
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going."
    -Winston Churchill

"Yey! A wonderful site!" Such words can only come out of the Transsexual woman's mouth, lol. But I know for the fact of how it feels and the price to be paid for being YOU! You did it brave girl, yes you did!

I can't wait for further updates on your progress....
    Kisses to T&V and of course L&T&kids

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Wishing you pleasant days and beautiful evenings while you heal.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

The great thing is that now you'll look better every day! Keep us up to date on your progress!

Hugs, Eryn

You are amazing, sorry for the pain but soooo Happy for you and your resolve . Hang in there girl! I know this will be amazing as you heal and recover. Big hugs

Well here's the latest. Feeling much better today, got to take a shower. I took a picture before the shower and then another one after the shower and a light treatment that they give you to help reduce swelling and bruising.

We stopped at Walmart on the way back from the treatment. So I may make it on the next Mexican people of Walmart video. I looked just like I do in the after shower photo.

I'm supposed to get the packing and tubes out of my nose and the tubes out from the liposuction on Monday. I'm looking forward to getting this stuff out of my nose but at least the swelling has gone down enough that I can eat solid food again and drink without problems. Haven't got used to my lips not being in the right place yet so I still dribble once in awhile. Can't quite get my mouth open enough to eat this chocolate donut yet but I'm making the attempt.

I thank you all for your concern and support.

Love

Pam
    Pam

Little Girl
    Man Pam, that was quick! I remember when you first became a member here, it wasn't long ago.

Well I hope things work out whatever you do in life.
    "Listen to pickles - she is wise beyond her species." - Krististeph

Oy vey, aua, ouch..... all my best to you
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

Sorry Pam, I just seen this thread so I'm too late to wish you luck with your surgery. The 'nose job' looks painful and brings back memories of mine a few months ago, though I didn't have the bone broken. I hope everything heals up quickly for you with minimum discomfort.
    Fixed 4th June 2013

Facebook