Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My FFS Surgery!

I am very happy for you Pam... No pain .. no gain girl...
    Kristy
    This is my Facebook page

Banned Read only
    I hope your recovery continues to go well. It will be so worth it

Thinking of you and wishing you the best!!

Hey everyone, still here in Guadalajara.

I'm still healing and seeing slight improvement every day. Not much going on until Monday when I get my lipo drain tubes and nose tubes and packing out. I can't wait for that one. Got to shower again this morning and shaved my face (carefully) and shaved my legs for the first time in almost a week.

Working toward being almost human again.

Thanks for all the support everyone!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

Better and better! Thank you so much for keeping everyone informed of your progress.

Hugs, Eryn

Hang in there sis, you are almost home and I am seeing the results through the healing

Today was a great day in that I got my lipsuction drain tubes pulled but even better because I got the tubes and packing pulled out of my nose. They also pulled the hard cast from my nose and I got to see what it looks like now before they taped it up again (great!). I also had another light treatment today to help with the bruising and swelling.

Kind of tired today because I didn't sleep to well last night. Hopefully I'll do better tonight since I can breath again. Next up is another light treatment on Wednesday and get the stitches out of my face on Thursday morning. Then it's back home on Friday and I'm ready to be home.

Thanks for your support everyone!
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

wow, i see a big difference from before surgery, especially in the side views. I think you are going to be very happy with the results definately seeing the woman now!
    Last edited by Tammy V; 10-08-2012 at 07:03 PM. Reason: addition

Wow, what a change in a day! You've lost a lot of the swelling and the results are becoming apparent!

Hang in there, you'll be home before you know it!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Hi everyone,

I've been trying not to send pictures and info unless something changes enough that you can see it. Today I got my stitches out (except under my nose, 5 more days) and the swelling has gone down some more so things are looking up. I even snapped a couple of shots in the chair while the tape was off of my nose so you can see it uncovered.

There is still a lot of swelling and the nose as well as the rest of my face will change more as it goes down. You can start to see though, at least I can, that things are a little different now with more improvement to come.

It's still me, just a little softer version.

This is my last full day in Mexico and I will come home tomorrow. It has been a nice stay but I'm ready to be home. Will take it easy for a couple of days then there is much to do. I have a court date for my legal name change in the next couple of weeks, have to get something done with my hair, clean the guy stuff out of my closet, and buy more womens clothes for work.

The time for Pam to go full time has come.

Thanks again to everyone who has supported me through this, it is truly appreciated.
    Pam

Banned Read only
    Looking good! The changes are dramatic! I am so glad things have gone well for you!

WOW! I second that, dramatic is right. You will be going through slow metamorphosis for months to come, but I remember those few days past surgery when changes were happening daily. profile is especially dramatic! Great job! you are gonna be a knockout

Don't know about a knockout Inna but feminine I'll be happy with. Thanks for the encouragement!
    Pam

Pam I a glad everything is going good so far... I think you are looking good also....

Just remember it takes 6 to 8 months to see the true results.
    Kristy
    This is my Facebook page

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy_K View Post
    Pam I a glad everything is going good so far... I think you are looking good also....

Just remember it takes 6 to 8 months to see the true results.
    True words. My face is STILL changing at 6 months. It's bizarre how you get used to it again, then it slightly changes again.

Welcome to the ranks of the Guadalajara Girls. ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    True words. My face is STILL changing at 6 months. It's bizarre how you get used to it again, then it slightly changes again.

"CHICAS DE LA GUADALAJARA" gosh, it sounds like a girlbanditos gang from mehico, which we like totally are, bad real bad, I mean like beautiful and awesome at the same time bad like...........hmmmmm.....oh yeah, like BAD Tranny!

Ah, I can't wait to be one of the Chicas De La Guadaljara. Pam, you are looking good, even at this few days you look so much better. Keep up the posts.............Stephanie

Little Girl
    Lookin' good...please keep postin!
    "Listen to pickles - she is wise beyond her species." - Krististeph

Somewhere out there, beneath the pale moonlight.
    I hope the healing is continuing to go well. Hope things go well with work.

And happy belated birthday to you.
    If only our families and friends could be as supportive as our bras!

I was thinking the same thing. On the one hand what you say is true, in that my face continues to evolve by itself and also by what I do to it (changes in eyebrows, new makeup techniques, etc).

On the other hand it's also a matter of being more accustomed to my own changed appearance and therefore my perception of myself has changed, and that makes me see changes that are not actually physical changes.

When I first returned from Guadalajara I got a lot of attention, mainly for the bruises, the tape on my nose job and all the healing that was still happening. Unfortunately the attention I got was not all that welcome. Now that I'm well healed and looking better I get a lot of attention for good reasons.

Yeah, life is pretty good!
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

This is so true....and its longer than 6 months... this is BONE surgery...add the hormones and over a very long period time your skin, muscles, fatty areas all get used to the new infrastructure.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    This is so true....and its longer than 6 months... this is BONE surgery...add the hormones and over a very long period time your skin, muscles, fatty areas all get used to the new infrastructure.
    Wait until you get 15 - 20 years down the road, you will not believe you were ever a male at one point in your life. Then it is time to start thinking about how to tighten it all up without looking like a bugeyed fish or something.

Banned Read only
    Pam, how are things going? Enquiring (sp) minds need to know!

Hey everyone, sorry I've got behind on my updates but been kind of busy since I got back.

Here are pictures from yesterday. I have been full time now since last Sunday and have been out a couple of times now. Had my hair styled a little and evened up yesterday morning, then ran around all afternoon with a friend. I had a couple of second looks but didn't notice as much attention as I did before FFS. My hair is still pretty thin on top but there are many women my age with the same issue. My scar is still noticeable but not terribly so that may be more what caught their eye. I still have some swelling too so I will look better yet as that goes down (I hope).

I could wear my wig but I have grown to hate it over the last few months. As long as I'm not drawing too much attention to myself I would rather just be me. Here's some pictures when I got home yesterday. Should have got some pictures out but didn't think about it. I'll try to do better next time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Pamela Kay; 10-17-2012 at 09:40 AM.
    Pam

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela Kay View Post
    I could wear my wig but I have grown to hate it over the last few months.
    I completely understand. Most people say I look better with the wig (my avatar here), but it's just another thing that feels fake to and about me. I don't want to be fake anymore, so I don't tend to wear the wig.

You are looking better and better each time you post! I can't wait to see you in 6 months.

Anna
    "If you're going through Hell, keep going."
    -Winston Churchill