Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My FFS Surgery!

Hi Pamela;Oh my ! well done girl ;you look great.I understand your feelings in regards to wigs.I love long hair,and it's shoulder length but I'm bald on top.So I'll shave it all off and wear a wig ...not a big problem for me.
    But yes ,you are doing well for yourself and it is a big step forward ..how elated you must feel and how confidant you are.My congratulations on your progress.
    Paula.
    " I'm learning to fly"..............(Tom Petty).

Thanks Anna and Paula!

It's definitely different to be "out there" every day but I'm glad I am and I get more comfortable the more I'm out and about.
    I didn't know if I would ever be able to be me but here I am and it is good.

I'm sure there are still trials ahead but I will deal with them when they come.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

It's healing fast! In the last pictures only the scar is noticiable.
    "I'm not sure. But I'll never know unless I give it a shot."

Little Girl
    Lookin good!

Have you got your beard removed already too?
    "Listen to pickles - she is wise beyond her species." - Krististeph

Still have more electrolysis to do. Still have a little shadow without makeup.
    Pam

"I am a stronger woman than I ever was a man." Living full time since Oct 14th 2012.

I look better with a wig as well I'm follically challenged though. Full time seems to take some of the agnst away "this is as good as it gets "deal with it. Lol I'd look stranger without hair. You my dear are looking better by the day thankyou for posting. Morgan

I know I am late on this, but godspeed and all the very best.

"May your surgeon have had a .. very quite night beforehand"

Hi Pam,
    I want to wish you good luck in your transition, and thank you for sharing your experiences with us. I look forward to hearing how things progress in the future.
    Kind regards,
    Di

Silver Member
    I didn't know if I would ever be able to be me but here I am and it is good

Thats so awesome! I am happy for you Pamela.

Had a good day today, went shopping at Ross and Walmart. Also went to my credit union and asked about ordering checks but they want the name change documents first. My court date for the name change is next Wednesday.

My last stop was for dinner because I didn't want to fix anything when I got home. Got sir'd not once but three times by the teen age boy behind the counter even though I was wearing a womens top, jeans, sweater, and had my purse sitting on the counter in front of him.

I know my hair is too thin on top and I need to do something with it but here is the outfit I had on (except the sweater). Still work to be done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Pam

Your looking fantastic Pam. Never let the 'Sirs' get you down, just rise above it and soon it will be a thing of the past.

*Edit* I should add, that your one of the people who has really inspired me to go through with my own transition.
    Last edited by Kirsty_D; 10-19-2012 at 01:33 AM.
    Fixed 4th June 2013

Facebook

Pam, you look great! Things are coming along nicely! Thanks so much for keeping us updated!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Amazing Member
    [SIZE="4"]Thank you for posting this thread and especially the pictures, Pam. They give the rest of us hope![/SIZE]
    Last edited by Beth-Lock; 10-19-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Pam I wouldn't let a couple of sirs take you down. You are comming along nicely and looking more feminine with each new picture. It seems kids delight in torturing us and I'd just consider the source. You are doing good keep up the progress. I'm amazed by your changes so far. It gives me hope for me!
    Last edited by morgan51; 10-21-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Thanks everyone! My goal when starting this post was to help others and pass on any information I could. I'm glad so many of you have found it useful.

This was really the first time I had been sir'd since going full time so it probably hit a little harder than it should have. I don't worry about it too much because a teen aged kid isn't an opinion that I put much stock in when it comes to transition issues.

Thanks for the support!
    Pam

getting sir'd is not about your face...

...As you say, it's your hair..you'll have to decide how much you want to be comfortable vs how much you want to blend in the short term...

the surgery results are only going to get better..

Do you plan on getting work done for your hairline?

Good luck with a seamless name change!! You are going be amazed at how that feels when its done!

...i know wigs arent the best, but i'll bet you'd be delighted with your appearance with the right wig for you.

Thanks Kaitlyn,

I know my hair is the issue and I'm exploring possibly getting hair extentions or a partial hair piece which Melissa suggested to me. I am interested in getting implants but money is an issue and finishing electrolysis is still at the top of my priority list. I've let my hair grow for a long time now in preparation for going full time and I just don't want to wear a full wig if I can keep from it. I may have to but it will be after I have exhausted some other possibilities.

I am looking forward to getting the name change done and getting another step out of the in between time.
    Pam

Why not do a wig until you can do one of the other things? Seems like a contradiction to me that you would go through all this medical stuff to look and feel better, but not frame it perfectly. Probably would help with the Sirs...although, I'm kind of impressed how after the first pictures you looked more like a cage fighter than any sort of nice woman and with a little time the changes are showing through with each new set of images.
    Chickie

I am just tired of hiding and not being me. I realized a short time ago that I had been playing the part of a man and was trying to do the same by playing the part of a woman instead of being myself. I realize there are some things that have to be done to pass as a woman.

A lady friend at work recommended a beauty salon today and I have an appointment next Friday to have my eyebrows done and to see what can be done with my hair. The lady at the salon mentioned extentions or a partial hairpiece as possible options which I have already considered.

It's just hard to know where to go for such services when it's never been something you've had to do. I don't know what I would do if it weren't for some good GG friends who have helped me along the way. One of these ladies has helped me with my clothes and is going shopping with me tomorrow to finish up my work wardrobe and find some shoes.

I'm so fortunate to have help like this.
    Last edited by Pamela Kay; 10-19-2012 at 03:40 PM.
    Pam

Well, getting sired can be a slew of different factors including our healing faces. I was back from Mexico and all the way home was maamed gallore, to the point that after 2 weeks i was simply gliding instead of walking and then a word which brought me back to the ground with a ton of weight "Sir, may I help you?" my world suddenly became dark and cold, after a while I realized that such expectations were in fact way too good to be true, and somehow I calmed my self down and resumed healing. 7 months later I AM a natal woman to anyone looking, weather from 100 feet or 2 inches. But the time it took to get this girl on seemed like a lifetime.
    Arm your self with patience, I know you cant wait, I too was not too happy about the weight, but it is a part of becoming!!!!!!

And in a meanwhile do everything in your power to help the image become congruent and feminine.

Little Girl
    Just some advice, passing is 90% attitude I've found out.
    "Listen to pickles - she is wise beyond her species." - Krististeph

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    Just some advice, passing is 90% attitude I've found out.
    Attitude might help you walk out the door, but you're going to need to have a lot more going for you than that in order to convince someone that they are seeing a woman.
    "one day I'll fly away..... leave all this to yesterday"

http://youtu.be/kR7NlgwVHHg

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Pam a human hair partial clip in piece could save the day for you. You get the extra hair you need without the band around you head causing a headache. I just got one and it so much nicer to wear with my own hair. I just clip in the hair piece and I have bangs and hair to cover the bald spots.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Quote Originally Posted by Inna View Post
    Well, getting sired can be a slew of different factors including our healing faces.
    Right! Probably due to the nose job tape and that fact that my face still had not settled the first couple of weeks back I got "sir"ed all the time. Never happens at all now.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Pam, you are right at the beginning of this thing.

Inna and I were both on HRT for quite some time before our FFS, we were also well into serious weight control work. (I had already had my first round of Lipo) My hair had been growing for nearly two years before I went full-time. My beard shadow was gone before I ever even went to Mexico. I was already 100% out and presenting as gender queer or female everywhere except work where they still knew I was transitioning for MONTHS before I did what you just did.

In January it will be THREE years that I have been actively transitioning and you have been at it for what 6 months now? You have a lot of physical changes in front of you over the next couple of years. Some of them will delight you and others not so much but I want you to understand one thing; you are WAY early in your transition so give yourself a break on the expectations. A wig or hairpiece now doesn't mean forever. I know you don't want to hide anymore, but this is a tough road and nobody will think anything less of you if you wear a wig. You shouldn't think less of yourself either.

Your courage and resolve are indeed inspirational.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com