Thread: Over the road truck driver Dressed most of the time, any others

Over the road truck driver Dressed most of the time, any others

So I driver Over the road pulling refeer. I dress a good bit of the time and drive. day or night. I cross scales, fuel, scale out all while dressed. I do not go to shippers or consignees dressed most of the time. there was a time at americold in pa that i pulled in and they had a women gaurd that came to the truck before i could get my coat on to cover up. any other drivers out here and if so does your company know and how did they react. or any that go everywhere dressed and how have the shippers and consignees react.

Good for you! OtR truckers have a rough life, and I'm glad to read that you're able to make the best of it! :-) I think you are right to be careful of shipping and receiving; that's what my Dad does in PA. He would probably not give you a hard time at all -- he reserves that for his friends and family and only in a good-natured way. Most of the rest of the shop, on the other hand... Lets just say that I spent a summer at one of the Mills owned by the same company and never looked back after leaving there. Not a welcoming place, even if you're completely normal!

Truck driver ? Ohhhhh yea ,,,Great Job,,,, Me to but local ,,, I used to do that a little bit years ago . When ya work for someone ya gotta watch out ,,Used to load an unload trucks for years to ,,Seen it all ,,, I still drive my own though ,,,Dress everyday ,,, No one cares ,,,Aleast they havent said nothing ,,, Good luck ,,Be careful out there ,,,,
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I sort of did, I drove local for a few years. Occasionally underdressed, sometimes a skirt too, but that's it. No one ever saw me, as far as I know!
    "Fear is the mind killer." Frank Herbert, Dune

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueler

"I make a GREAT team!"

I just restarted dressing. I drive regional but am home every night,a great job. I have knee trouble. I am going to try wearing tights under my jeans to see if that helps.

It's been a while now but I spent a decade as an long distance truck driver. back then I was always underdressed, panties, bra, pantyhose, woman's socks and camisole. Upon occasion I would drive in full dress usually at night and never at a shipper or receivers. I don't believe that would have been good for long term employment.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

Long time driver, but never dressed on the road. I often ran with other company drivers, so not much chance. However, I had met a few cd drivers out there, and envied their ability.

I to am a otr driver going coast to coast. I would love to dress on the road but SO says no. She worrys enough when Im on the road and gone for 2 weeks. She dosnt need the stress of thinking of me dressed on the road.

Pretty much wear girl clothes most days also cross scales and fuel,usually do not go into shippers or truck stops dressed as i do not pass well.I have hair over my shoulders and shaved legs and i wear nail polish all the time,if i am in boy mode i just throw on girl shorts and a top either boy or girl.i change back and forth about 3 times a day,sometimes i am dressed fully for 8 hours.I am an owner op and the company i am leased too does not kmow but i guess as long as u do not do it at the shipper i gurss they would not say anything.