Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For out and about CD's here: Do you change your voice to Blend/Pass? How so?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    I think for a 6'2" CD i can blend to whatever degree that is likely but my voice is a dead give away.
    Next time you encounter a 6'2" GG take a moment to listen to her voice. Often it will be pitched fairly low. The difference is that men tend to allow their voice to resonate at one frequency while GGs avoid the resonance and use a greater range of pitch. Men talk, women almost sing!

For my own voice, I soften it, raise the pitch slightly, and try to improve my range of pitch. I don't try to do anything too far from what I am used to because I think that it sounds fake.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I seem to have done well with speaking more softly, and, uh, being less assertive with my mouth? By that I mean just letting it be more loose and flowing, hard to describe I suppose? I also talk with my hands allot keeping them loose too. I'd feel pretty silly trying to raise my voice to a place it just doesn't want to go. The voice is just one component of communication, there are others you can work with to produce a more feminine presentation...

i am 6' bare feet and go out most anywhere i want too.. my voice is my voice, i don't try to change it other then simpley talking slower, and softer when i am speaking to someone as a girl.