Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change in how i see women

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Not really.

Most of us are not preoccupied with what other women are wearing. If I notice an unusually attractive woman, I might admire her overall look (just as I would a very attractive man), but I won't analyze her clothing and wonder how her clothes would look like on me, or how I might feel if I had her breasts or her legs. It just doesn't happen. I'm afraid this is strictly a CDer phenomena.

I am afraid that I will always be attracted by women and their appearance. I tend to agree with Reine I get too distracted by the overall look rather than analyzing the details. I do notice that many women dress very poorly (frumpish) unless they are dressed for work or some other reason. Maybe that is why I am having such trouble figuring out what works together and how to put together an outfit that blends. I personally like to wear skirts. But, most women don't typically wear skirts or dresses on a daily basis. (at least not around here) There may be some aspect of their attire or accessories that I will notice, but I get lost in the larger picture and forget to focus on details. I tend to have to resort to window shopping or marketing photos for ideas. Most of these I cannot picture myself in. Unfortunately, I have always been to timid to approach someone who catches my eye to ask fashion tips or anything else. Maybe I need to start buying Cosmo to be able to study those details. I have just been dressing like a guy for so many years it just comes natural. The way men dress really doesn't change that much. On the other hand women's styles seem to change by the month (I know...it's more a seasonal change)

But there is no question we see women differently. It is a lot easier to complement a woman on her shoes, or outfit, when you are sincere. I still remember being in a Dunkin Donuts and a young lady in her late 20's came in and nearly slipped on the wet floor. She was wearing gorgeous heels. As she caught her balance, I asked if she was OK. She complained about the floor and when I looked down, I agreed the floor was slick, then nicely added that she was wearing great shoes. She said she had just bought them and was so proud of them, and then thanked me for noticing. Just a nice encounter that felt so normal but made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    But to daydream about being her or looking like her? No.
    I wouldn't daydream about being her or looking like her. I guess all CDs don't think alike on this topic either. The clothing is all we can do, except for those that want to take it further. I don't seem to be as serious about CDing as many others are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee3 View Post
    I guess all CDs don't think alike on this topic either.
    I'm sorry if my statement sounded like I was broad-brushing. I agree that not all CDers do this.

But, to be fair I was responding specifically to someone who said to the OP, "You sound like a woman", when in fact, women as a rule do not react to other women the way that CDers do. Maybe I got overly descriptive when trying to describe the difference between our reactions and a CDer's typical reaction.
    Reine