Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gap dressing room

gap dressing room

last week i went to the gap to buy some pants and i ended up getting some lingerie as well. but when i went in to the dressing room to try on a shirt the girl asked with a derisive tone what i was going to try on then noticed i was holding the shirt and took me to a room. i didnt like that at all because i feel that i should be allowed to try the lingerie on as much as she should. what do u girls think?

What right has she to question your potential purchases. You could just have wanted to try on the shirt having already selected lingerie for your wife or girlfriend. All she need to know is how many items you are taking in, for security purposes. I'd take my business elsewhere.

GAP, is it just and urban myth, or is it really and acronym for "gay and proud". If so, then her derisive tone is even more unacceptable, their staff should be more accepting of the LGBT community.
    Rachel,

As a crossdresser my personality has several facets. Therefore, I suppose I can be forgiven for being facetious.

[QUOTE=Susan Hewitt;2977152]last week i went to the gap to buy some pants and i ended up getting some lingerie as well. but when i went in to the dressing room to try on a shirt the girl asked with a derisive tone what i was going to try on then noticed i was holding the shirt and took me to a room. i didnt like that at all because i feel that i should be allowed to try the lingerie on as much as she should. what do u girls think?[/QUOTE

Trying on lingerie sounds gross .....you put it on you bought it ...no body want to buy panties that done had strangers butt in them.

Try on lingerie???In boy mode? The sales assistant was just on "anti pervert" duty!!!lol Like Joann just said,who wants the panties some dirty pigs have tried on?? Not me,either!!!

They got a Lost & Found Box in the corner for your Lingerie Trail an Error ,,,LOL,,,,,, Not everyone is Clean ya know !!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

You had every right to try on whatever you felt like trying on. She had no business to not let you try on the lingerie. Next time I'd suggest taking your business elsewhere or contacting the girl's management and letting them know what your experience was like.
    Di

I can tell you of my experience.. I was takig pictures of new lines of clothing for my facebook group and i posted a full length picture of me in the new style.. I got heaps of positive comments from all the ladies except one who actually reported me to the clothing company, also via facebook..
    There was a bit of drama that had to be played out over the next 4 weeks or so but that was a while ago now, i emailed the regional manager, she was OK with me dressing in the changerooms, but there was to be no lingerie or swimwear photos (posted on facebook)
    Last week i actually tried on a one peice swimsuit for the first ever time and i felt great! There was a photo, they only got sent to 2 other people... Both were my co admin on my clothing buy sell page.

I must reinforce here that i follow all health regualtions in regards to lingerie by keeping me own undergarments on whilst i'm trying on.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

Platinum Member
    Hi Susan, Maybe it's time to find another store.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The best you can do with lingerie is try on a bra.
    Anything below the waist is taboo.
    You will have to work on your customs and limitations a little more.
    Even swim suits have plastic liners in them.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You should be allowed to try on anything a women is allowed to try on, and any attitude given by store employee's should be written up and sent to corporate office as a complaint.
    Spend your money where youappreciatedd, our community boycotts a store, it could cost them dearly, Crossdressers are great spenders in the womens clothing industries. After all, everyone says women don't wear dress anymore, but they keep selling a lot of dresses, so it must be us buying them. And I know I have a lot more panties and bras than my wife has.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

I didn't even know the GAP has lingerie. What exactly was the item in question?

While I'm sure none of the ladies here would even consider or resort to such a thing, but you do realize that some of the more risque crossdressers masturbate while alone with lingerie in a fitting room.

I would guess that was what she was trying to avoid.

No one wants "used" undies, even if they were just tried on.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Anyone else stopping and thinking that the "dressing room lady" wasn't asking to be judgmental but to just know how many items are going in? I know at a lot of stores (the ones that have doors with handles, not curtains) they'll give the person a number to hang on the door, this number indicates how many items went in so they can make sure all the items come out.

Those same places also want you, if you don't want the item, to actually hand it to them instead of just leaving it in the room.
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

Uk-- ohhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Momarie View Post
    While I'm sure none of the ladies here would even consider or resort to such a thing, but you do realize that some of the more risque crossdressers masturbate while alone with lingerie in a fitting room.

I would guess that was what she was trying to avoid.

No one wants "used" undies, even if they were just tried on.

NO,,,NO,,,NOOOOOOOOO You didn't Go there ?? LOL,,,,,, Better you than me this time ,,,, Being always in Trouble I just want to state that I have NO affilation with this comment ,,,LOL,,,,

Stores frequently have notices that forbid trying-on bathing suits. It goes without saying that panties should not be tried-on. However, if it was a bra....

Nevertheless the women had no business being nasty about it. She had the right to question you, and then inform you politely about store policy.

Quote Originally Posted by STACY B View Post
    NO,,,NO,,,NOOOOOOOOO You didn't Go there ?? LOL,,,,,, Better you than me this time ,,,, Being always in Trouble I just want to state that I have NO affilation with this comment ,,,LOL,,,,
    Yes Mam,

I went there, LOL!
    I'm in trouble all the time here too, Sister!
    It's all part of my charm
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

Yes Mam,

I went there, LOL!

Now that MY kind of LADY !!!!!!!

I wouldn't want to buy pre worn undies/lingerie no matter the sex of the person that tried them on. I bet the SA asked the same question to female shoppers as well.
    Preference = Personal Perfection
    Sindee: Naughty by nature, Nice by choice.

Banned Read only
    I'm glad you went there. I've been married over forty years. In my early years of marriage my wife and I did shop together for nightgowns for her. She would try them on and sometimes ask for my opinion. I cannot imagine a male dressed as a man going into a dressing room and trying on lingerie. There is just so much anyone can expect in the line of acceptance. Now, if a cross dresser is fully en femme and attired to prevent soiling of the garment, then there is latitude for allowing that person to try on lingerie. My state's laws are very favorable for the rights of gays, lesbians and cross dressers. How in the world does anyone know a male dressed as a male is a cross dresser? I think it would be common courtesy, if a male dressed as a male, wants to try on a garment that maybe he should tell the proprietor he is a cross dresser.

There is an inherent problem with the male anatomy vs the female anatomy and LEAKAGE. And, yes how does a salesperson know whether the male dressed as a man is a pervert or not. I was shopping with my wife in the lingerie section of JC Pernny. She found a nightgown that had obviously been jacked off onto by a man. There was a waiter arrested at the same mall for jacking off onto lingerie at Sears.

Yes Mam,

I went there, LOL!

Let's try not to get so offended and remember that the people who work in these places see every flavor of human every single day. I feel pretty confident in saying they have very likely encountered men who have indeed tried to get their jollies in the ladies department. I have read things on the net that would horrify most of the mainstream CD's on this site. Not every CD is just innocently trying to buy some clothes, there are a few who are actually just trying to get 'behind the curtain' as it were.

CD's need to understand that when you are invading women's spaces you will be seen as just that, an invader until proven otherwise. Openly gay men have long had access because women are not concerned about their own safety or privacy. if you want to be accepted as "one of the girls" (NOT AS A WOMAN this ain't a magic show) then you need to consistently act like one of the girls. I don't mean prancing around and snapping your gum either. I mean, just being open and accessible and aware that you may present an imposing figure to a lot of women. They are not accustomed to having strange men around while they are shopping for intimates, you need to be aware of this and be as accommodating as you can. Of course you have the 'right" to shop anywhere you want, but I prefer people to enjoy having me around rather than enjoy when I finally leave.

Too many CD's who are otherwise delightful people end up skulking around the racks like they're casing the place. (I was there too) You need to come to a place of acceptance and find joy in who you are and what you're doing. You're shopping for heaven's sake, act like you enjoy it. When you encounter a fellow shopper, SMILE. You don't have to engage her in sparkling conversation but say hi or something. Don't act like you just got busted and do NOT try and prove how straight you are. Don't try to act like a woman, she knows you're not a real woman. Everybody knows. Most people don't care, but they WILL be irritated if you pull the defensive "I'm a woman!" act.

Be pleasant, be flirty, be happy, just don't be creepy.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

As has been said above, it is very common for some stores to want to see and count the number of items that you are taking into the changing area. I have been asked to leave smaller items, panties and non-clothes items, with the check-in girl (sometimes even a guy) at Ross, TJ Maxx, Marshall's and a few other places. These check-in people are more interested in preventing shoplifting versus stopping finding messy panties on the floor of the changing room. Susan: Just take it in stride and do your thing, try the stuff on and buy what you like. I do agree that sometimes that check-in person may be a bit surprised by what you are carrying toward the changing area, but most don't really care. Shop and be happy. if you really need to try on panties or girdles or other shape wear then sometimes a simple question to a Sales Associate as to where you can try something on will clarify whether they will or will not have problems with you doing that.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Trying on bras is normal and accepted for GGs: bras are difficult to get right, and even for the same nominal "size", the fit varies enough that just buy by size doesn't work. The trickier part for bras is whether returns are accepted for bras: some US states ban return for bras; some individual stores ban returns for bras; and other places take them without hassle. I know some people who prefer to shop at Wal-Mart because the people don't like to try things on in the store and prefer to buy, try the fit at home, and then if necessary return under Wal-Mart's easy-return policies.

Trying on panties is often not allowed at all. I think I've been in a small number of stores that allowed it (I never asked), but it is rare in the countries I have been. Note: in Canada, panties cannot be returned after sale.

Trying on bathing suits is legal in Canada, but one must be wearing underwear over genitals while trying them on. Trying on bathing suits is normal and accepted for GGs. Note: in Canada, bathing suits cannot be returned after sale.

Corsets: legal and normal for GGs to try on.

Nighties, & negliges: legal and normal for GGs to try on (the tops anyhow.)

In each case where GGs are legally allowed to try things on, males are also legally allowed to try the same items on, with the same health-related restrictions. Or at least that is the case in Canada.

However! Even though males might be legally allowed to try something on, it is not necessarily the case that stores must permit males to try the items on. The situation gets complicated legally, pitting rights of the owners against the details of jurisdiction-appropriate non-discrimination laws.

Well the policy in the target in FL where we have shopped is you cant try on underwear in store but can purchase and return. And no it wasn't me asking, it was an overheard conversation between a GG and the assistant whilst i was picking out a nice dress in the sale racks lol.

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    I would never take panties to a dressing room! I know what size I wear so there is no need to try them on! If you don't know what size you wear it is time you learned. I have taken a bra to a dressing room, but only if I was going to be fitted!! BTW, I buy my lingerie at stores that specialize in lingerie. GAP is a clothing store, but not known for its lingerie! Go to Victoria's Secret if you want good lingerie!

Also, the SA was wrong in what she said, because an SA should never talk to a customer like that!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

a bit of an overreaction girls. i dont think the girl saw my panties bc i was carrying pants. she just saw the bra. and she wasnt that aggressive either just kind of surprised. and it irked me a little thats all. tks girls for ur responses (less so to the ones that talked about the panties ; )