Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's recognize

Quote Originally Posted by denese View Post
    i have always thought that this sites logo was a good sign. be it a sticker, pin or whatever. for those in the know we would know what it means. to answer someone who asks what it means you can answer that you support the equality of men and women. this is what the yin-yang means i believe, equality. thank you.
    I like that, simple but elegant, good one!

The more I see the logo the more I like the idea, who do we talk to, I'm sure there's got to be a TM somewhere, really excited about people getting on board.
    Last edited by Michelle V; 10-03-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Macy's & all the other mall stores treat me great when I'm in full girl mode. .....never had a problem.
    I have fond memories of asking a SA at Macy's for my size in a pair of knee boots, and she treated me pretty cool.
    I don't need any special code. I'm a woman like all other women.

Did I drift off topic here?

Platinum Member
    Hi Michelle, Be careful what you wish for it may not end well.

A bunch of Red Necks may find out about the secret ID
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gold Member
    Well, I agree that many don't want to be walked up on as it can be a confidence killer. But for those that don't care, you can just wear some identifying jewelry, Who knows, other people may ask what it means and you are able to give a lesson. Maybe something like this:

http://ayor-jewelry.com/transgenderjewelry.php

BTW, if you see someone wearing that one in Utah, you can say hi to me. I am cool with it.

http://ayor-jewelry.com/transgenderjewelry.php

I like it but not nearly as much as OUR logo, I think it is s sign of belonging, we are part of a much larger entity, but also by taking part of this forum where we support and listen to each other we form a much closer community, it would be nice to be identify as such out in the real world.

Here's the thing, Michelle ...
    Why on earth would you CHOOSE to label yourself as someone who is different?

It's bad enough to be forced to carry labels around, as the Jews were in occupied Germany, the Netherlands, France etc.
    Or to be made to carry a pass around with you, as black South Africans were during the Apartheid era.

Surely if we are campaigning to be accepted by mainsteam society, we ought to be striving for complete equality.
    The freedom to go about our business without fear of being compartmentalised, abused or violated seems to me to compromised, if we ourselves try to impose labels of recognition on one another.

The most charitable thing I might say is that you are very lucky NOT be have been forced to wear or carry or do anything which sets you apart from other members of society.

fyi, something similiar was proposed a few yrs ago. But was a friday event, of wearing a rubberband on ur left hand to identify urself as a crossdresser, without saying anything. I dont know if it took, (obliviosly not!).

Why on earth would you CHOOSE to label yourself as someone who is different?

Dear Clayfish:
    I believe you have misinterpreted my intentions, in fact you are way off the mark. It has nothing to do with labels or advertising who we are, is a way to bring us together, is about unity and acceptance, I want to know that there are people out there with me who think like me, who suffer the same as me because of lack of acceptance and to let them know that there are more of us out there willing to lend a hand, a shoulder or and ear if needed.
    We are who we are and unfortunately that is different, there is no changing who we are, I've read many post where people attempt to quit their dressing just to find out they can't. Most of us on this site have accepted ourselves for who we are, many of us have family and friends that support us or at least tolerate our difference, but outside our close group of people that know about our differences we have no one else to relate to. You and I know there are many man out there that suffer in silence, who have families and spouses who will never accept, much less support their lifestyle. That is the only reason I would like to "label" myself a cross-dresser out in the real world in the safest way possible, the only thing I can think of right now is using the very symbol created by the site that keeps bringing people like us together.

My family is number one to me and if I would never place my children or my wife in a bad situation, if I knew that going out with a mark would target me or my family I would never do it, that's why I am her discussing the topic on a forum that has proven time and time again to be safe. We choose to be a part of this forum to find and give support to others like us, I simply want to take it out to the real world and have a chance to see like minded people out there.

Quote Originally Posted by michelle View Post
    fyi, something similiar was proposed a few yrs ago. But was a friday event, of wearing a rubberband on ur left hand to identify urself as a crossdresser, without saying anything. I dont know if it took, (obliviosly not!).
    That would be nice but it would have to be very specific, after all there are hundreds out there.

The first thing that came to my mind when I read your thread Michelle was our logo here! Rather it be bumper stickers, tattoos or a sign on your back or all ten, shouldn't make a difference! Thousands of people know the logo!
    btw; The thing that po's me are the ones who run down REDNECKS for I 'R' one!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Like I said I don't want to let this one go, I was ready to go to the mall and have a kiosk where they do stickers for cars do this site's logo for me. I thought about it and I would prefer to bring some sort of revenue to this site, I contacted the site's monitors to inquired about the use of the logo, I think the people who created this place deserve some sort of recognition. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    The first thing that came to my mind when I read your thread Michelle was our logo here! Rather it be bumper stickers, tattoos or a sign on your back or all ten, shouldn't make a difference! Thousands of people know the logo!
    btw; The thing that po's me are the ones who run down REDNECKS for I 'R' one!
    And I am sure you are not the only redneck that enjoys being feminine, wouldn't you like to know who else in your neck of the woods does too? If not for curiosity at least for support.

I did met a sister crossdresser a few years ago. I was looking at the dresses in drab at Goodwill, when I tall woman who was well-dressed started looking at the dresses 3 feet to my left. I got nervous and left and hid behind the print tops. Then...I noticed she was sort of big, a little overdressed, was possibly in drag. I stared for a few moments. Possibly our eyes met briefly. I picked up a random top and walked over to her: "Do you think this would fit me?" This started a discussion about sizes and I said, "My name is Jennifer, and I just love dresses."

As for a recognizable cd sign...how about a baseball cap with a cd attached? Cd in the back window of your car? With magic marker on the cd. "I M 1"

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle V View Post
    We are who we are and unfortunately that is different, there is no changing who we are,
    We are NOT different, Michelle. We are perceived as being different because you and others perpetuate the myth that there is something strange about what we do. We are no more strange than Morris or Scottish Country Dancers; golfers or yachties; surfers or bikies; ...

Labels categorise people, make it easier to mistreat them, which is why I am so ardently opposed to every effort to try to label us. And when I find that the enemy is within, I get very despondent. We are our own worse enemy.

Too many members of this forum have great difficulty accepting themselves. Why make it more difficult for them by telling them that they are different, when they are not?

You and I are normal, Michelle. Just like everyone else, we ought to be free to carry on with our lives. Who cares if you are L or G or B or T or a geek or (heaven forbid!) a member of our esteemed national cricket team, the Black Caps?

Let us embrace conviviality and reject everything which allows others to manipulate us.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle V View Post
    I simply want to take it out to the real world and have a chance to see like minded people out there.
    Ok, if that is what you want, why don't you simply go to a tri-ess meeting or a gay pride event or an LGBT friendly bar?
    Last edited by GaleWarning; 10-04-2012 at 02:03 AM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    We have had this discussion here before and you can never get any agreement on the subject.
    Personally I would wear a necklace or a bracelet/ring with agreed upon logo.
    People label me everyday I'm used to it and I pay no attention to them.
    Its not for everyone I know that and I respect everyone opinions pro or con.
    IMO just join a TG group in your area I did and it has been one of the best things I ever did.
    Met like minded people and made some friends to hang out with.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-04-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Hi,

Have you heard of ,rainbow familys ,

we had a wrist band with colours of the rainbow, i had one & after a while gave it to our grandaughter, Dejarn.

we would meet once a month we had 8 women with thier children one FTM & myself intersexed & with dejarn. of cause at the time school was not a part of our lifes then it has been over the last few years so we dont meet as we would like to.

Im intergrated in to socity & a part of plus a member of many groups, so for myself im just a woman whos accepted,

What im getting at is belong to a group of people do things together & make your friends that way. we .....know .... each other , we dont need any thing other than that, we have similer interests yet not in all details of our lifes , we just compliment each other as the need arises or help when needed,

Where i live i did advertise, if any dressers or trans were interested in haveing a meet up to contact myself i had 3 ring me though there intensions were a bit more than i was interested in. so it really was a no.
    So in the end i decided im to involved with my many groups & women friends,to bother trying again,

...noeleena...

The topic you touched is more difficult than at first-glance, Michelle. Clay does talk a lot of sense.

After opening up to a few friends about two years ago, I was keen to make an open statement, like changing my car registration to something with cd in it or wearing a tg symbol.
    I didn't though... and I don't regret that.
    It has taken enough energy to feel freer (and freer) within a small group of close friends, as it is, so I can't imagine what it would be like to live dressed the whole day.

I'm looking for a comfort zone - cders.com was a good start and a continuing support-group.
    My (female-)friends who know are mostly considerate and curious without being inquisitive.

In recent weeks, I've enjoyed imagining me dressed, while walking around the town where I live.
    I've underdressed a few times.

I have to admit though, that I still dread the thought of going shopping openly in shops for women... though I would love to.
    As much as I would like to communicate with other cders openly, I'm scared of this too... but time is on my side and I enjoy reading and learning from experiences of other less-complex-ridden cders who have answered your OP above.

Thankyou, Gaby
    Last edited by Gaby2; 10-04-2012 at 02:57 AM.
    [SIZE="1"]When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... In the lilt of Irish laughter... When Irish hearts are happy... And When Irish Eyes Are Smiling... [/SIZE]

Aspiring Member
    It's an almost impossible task and as many have mentioned has been suggested many times over. I'll share a story of what happened to me. At one place I worked, there was a person who started working for us. She was mtf transitioning. It wasn't hard to notice that she was formerly a man. I kinda approached her about it, because I was going to share my gender dysphoria too, but it turned into a very embarrassing situation for both of us. I had no right to confront her like I did. I thought about a having a sign of some sorts or a secret handshake, but when you really start to think about it, that wouldn't work on many different levels. Face it, it's a wide spectrum out there from fetishistic crossdressers to those with seeking a gender change altogether. Some of us are comfortable shopping at any store for ourselves, while others shop online or 'borrow" items from GG's. Just like my coworker who didn't like that her "cover" was "blown" - not every crossdresser or man buying women's clothing will appreciate the attention from another, unless perhaps you are dressed as well. The problem with a sign or bumper sticker is that we live in a google generation. If you don't know what something means, you can google it or use some other search engine to find the meaning and then one's cover is blown. Personally, I'd rather have anonymity in public than have my secret shared with people that I'd rather have not know.

This suggestion always makes for good discussion. It's a catch-22 situation IMHO.

For one I like the idea and would wear something just to feel like I belong somewhere. I mean. Everyone has a label. Scotts have kilts and bagpipes. Bikers have the symbol of their group. Gays have a rainbow and look how big that became. Surfers have their boards and tans. Truckers have their own symbols even. You look at any group of people and they have something to show what group they are in. Why not us. If you don't like it you don't have to wear it. But you can still tell who we are by those that do wear it proudly.

I've been to a lgbt meetings a few time. I come from a small town and believe me this was a small group. Well anyway I went in drab and then went in dressed and I really felt out of place when I was dressed. I felt like they treated me like I wasnt even there. Because at the beginning I told them I was a hetro CD. So maybe because I wasn't LGBT I was CD. We need our own group or sign.

There used to be a handkerchief code that I read about. I think it was used in the gay community.
    If you had a purple one in your back pocket then that indicated you liked to dress....maybe it's time to make it mainstream.
    BTW....I love purple and have one ready for use...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

This comes up every once in a while. It wouldn't be long before posers used the secret sign to make fools of us or set us up. It would probably be better to get involved in a local TG group if you really want to meet others with similar interests.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by famousunknown View Post
    Singling people out and labeling them? I think this was tried back in the early 1940's in Germany. It didn't work out.
    Indeed. It began in the 1930's.

Personally, I really wouldn't want to limit my interactions to others who are presenting themselves as the opposite of their birth gender. I'm trying to move away from self-imposed limitations and make my place in the world.

The sticker idea looks good on paper, but as soon as someone finds herself on a city bus with a 40yo bearded guy in a micro-mini skirt, fluorescent green top, and stilettos, talking loudly about his previous night's raunchy exploits, and wearing the same sticker, the experiment would be over.

join a TG group in your area I did and it has been one of the best things I ever did.
    Met like minded people and made some friends to hang out with.[/QUOTE]

That sounds reasonable, being that the time I spend as Michelle is very limited the time I invest meeting others in such group will also be limited, I was hoping for a day to day basis showing support and pride.

Thanks Gaby, very sweet.

New Girl On The Block NikkiBeth's Avatar
    I seem to remember a reading some time ago on this site , there as was a day when we would wear a basic rubberband on one of our wrists. Maybe this is a way to acknowledge each other without calling a great deal of attention.