Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's recognize

Let's recognize

There is another post going on experiences in public while shopping for girl stuff. I suggested we should come up with a signal or a code to recognize each other and know it is ok to be approached in public or to approach others without repercussions and knowing our intentions are good. I know I would live to met others in public and have a normal time shopping with a buddy or approach someone shopping for their girl-self and not freak them out. My wife sometime ago suggested something like that, like putting a sticker on our car that only real cross-dressers would identify with, I have to admit now it is not a bad idea. Anyone?

Sounds like a great plan. BUT... How long would it take for the stickers to basically point a finger at us ???

Jeez ten views and no answers, really? I guess I shall continue to ignore my brother/sisters in arms, shame, I still welcome ideas, think about it it would be like a spy novel, except no one gets hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by barbaraclothes View Post
    Sounds like a great plan. BUT... How long would it take for the stickers to basically point a finger at us ???
    Exactly what I was thinking
    ​Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by barbaraclothes View Post
    Would that be too bad, I mean gay groups and transexual groups have gotten organized, yes it took them time and heartaches but it was worth it, for the most part people either accept them or ignore them, I would not mind to be labeled or having a finger pointed at me as long as I was not alone, as long as I could look around and recognize others like me, that's how we would get recognized as part of the society and not as individuals in hiding.

Secret handshake? Maybe we should flash gang signs? I was surprised to learn while walking by another CD that we aren't always happy to see each other. I don't really understand why. That encounter was pretty surreal.

I'm reluctant for anything like a sticker. Just another way to make ourselves targets. However, if we were to roll in a motorcycle gang together, full-back patches on leather jackets would be pretty hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle V View Post
    that's how we would get recognized as part of the society and not as individuals in hiding.
    There's a tautology that exists for crossdressers. On the one hand we want to be acknowledged and accepted for who we are. On the other hand, we try our hardest to blend in and not to be perceived as anything other than female. It's a catch-22.

Quote Originally Posted by May(be) View Post
    However, if we were to roll in a motorcycle gang together, full-back patches on leather jackets would be pretty hardcore.
    I will get the bike cleaned over the weekend just in case....

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    I have wondered about a transgendered logo. Just because I see myself as having two genders but one sex.

Quote Originally Posted by May(be) View Post
    There's a tautology that exists for crossdressers. On the one hand we want to be acknowledged and accepted for who we are. On the other hand, we try our hardest to blend in and not to be perceived as anything other than female. It's a catch-22.
    It is a catch 22, but wouldn't you agree it would be great to be out and meet others like us without the pressure of trying to decipher their intentions, I can dream can't I?

Woman, oh woman, oh woman!
    What have we been smoking today?
    Two silly posts, one after the other.
    Better log out CF.

Quote Originally Posted by clayfish View Post
    Woman, oh woman, oh woman!
    What have we been smoking today?
    Two silly posts, one after the other.
    Better log out CF.
    Not a smoker, just frustrated with people and acceptance I really really want to feel accepted, one of those days, oh well, back to reality, thanks for bursting my bubble

Michelle, it's been proposed time and time again on this site, and it's a good idea, as soon as we figure out how to get 100,000 of us to keep a secret. Even many of the girls that are out and about, don't want to share that knowledge with just anyone. If you want to meet someone try joining a Trans group in your area, there it's a save environment, and who knows, you just might find that shopping buddy you long to find. As for me, the last time I was approached in the womens section, it was store security, I guess I lingered to long long there, and they where worried, but even they didn't approach me, just stayed back and watched me shop.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tina B. View Post
    Michelle, it's been proposed time and time again on this site, and it's a good idea, as soon as we figure out how to get 100,000 of us to keep a secret. Even many of the girls that are out and about, don't want to share that knowledge with just anyone. If you want to meet someone try joining a Trans group in your area, there it's a save environment, and who knows, you just might find that shopping buddy you long to find. As for me, the last time I was approached in the womens section, it was store security, I guess I lingered to long long there, and they where worried, but even they didn't approach me, just stayed back and watched me shop.
    Tina B.
    Give up!! I guess you are right, shame though, we are all adults and mostly on this boat together, damn shame. Oh we'll at least I got a few responses from some of you and that is appreciated it. Thanks.

Banned Read only
    Singling people out and labeling them? I think this was tried back in the early 1940's in Germany. It didn't work out.

If we ever meet while shopping in the ladies section just wink with your left eye and I will wink back with my right eye--hehe
    Then we could have coffee..

How about shopping on a particular day, at a particular time?

But CD & TG people are really rare. I've confidently ID'd very few. If you absolutely pass so no one would ever know, and you see a man wearing a handlebar mustache and a dress, just come up and say "hi, Lainie!". Then I'll know you're secretly TG, and we can chat. I won't let on that we didn't know each other before.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

Are you looking for a sign? Well, when you see a guy alone in the dress department, or poking around racks of women's blouses, that's a pretty sure sign. The delicate part is making an approach that doesn't scare him off. It must come across as practical and not overly friendly. So sidle up to the same rack of blouses and suddenly say, "Y'now, what we really need is a men's store that sells women's clothes."

Nice idea, but some good arguments against it. I think it would be neat, though, to pull into the parking lot at the mall, see a car with the secret decal, and know I may run into a sister inside.

Wait! Hold the phone! There was a recent thread about pantyhose! If they're wearing pantyhose they HAVE to be one of us!

i have always thought that this sites logo was a good sign. be it a sticker, pin or whatever. for those in the know we would know what it means. to answer someone who asks what it means you can answer that you support the equality of men and women. this is what the yin-yang means i believe, equality. thank you.

It would have to be something in pink

I have often thought that the Yin Yang logo we have in our crossdressers.com heading would be a universally recognized sign. It could be worn inconspicously as a ring, pin, or medallion. Perhaps some aspiring entrepreneur could make and market something of that type. Just a little food for thought.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Quote Originally Posted by Jilmac View Post
    I have often thought that the Yin Yang logo we have in our crossdressers.com heading would be a universally recognized sign. It could be worn inconspicously as a ring, pin, or medallion. Perhaps some aspiring entrepreneur could make and market something of that type. Just a little food for thought.
    This is actually a very good idea. No doubt, some young MBA will come up with the plan too. I'd buy that sticker to make him rich. seriously though, the idea has some real merit. I think it would be great to pull in somewhere and know there is a sister nearby.
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

I run into very few other potential crossdressers in the ladies departments over the years and attempts to contact them have all met with failure.... mainly they get scared off and run away.... I've gone shopping with a few cd friends locally and its a lot of fun.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos