Thread: splitting hairs

splitting hairs

Hello all, here is a question to ponder over this long weekend, is it better to omit information, or be forward with it, I am looking for a gg to share my life with I have posted on boards and dating sights I state I have a cd fetish and am looking for …..So far 7 months later I have not had any replies 0 .I have this discussion with other online friends, (how should I do this) most say be forward (up front) with the cross-dressing, yet the results are 0. I don’t want to find a nice gg get attached and then find she cant deal with my dressing, so I want to know some of your thoughts, how as a group you feel, and what you as cd’s in this real world think, I changed the words at the first of this list to make it sound better, what it comes down to is,
    Should I (we(cd's)) be up front with the fact we are cd’s. or hide it until we are more comfortable with the girl and then see if it will works.

This is for group discussion( not just advice for me). I would like to here from the gg’s out there. there the biggest part of this. What they think, and there thoughts (how would you react, would you reply) ect...?
    Last edited by erica12b; 11-23-2005 at 05:51 PM.
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

Knowing what I know now, I would say honesty and being up front would be best. Maybe not on the first date. But I would before you bring her home to meet the parents so to speak. If you wait to long then it makes things real hard for each of you if she is not understanding of your dressing. But, the choice is yours.

April Marie
    no matter how much love we have, we can not feel it if we are not happy inside

"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy ****, what a ride!",author unknown

Women to me are gods greatest forms of beauty and art in motion.

Good thread!! Before jumping into any relationship with a GG, fish around and quietly find out whether or not she would accept and even encourage. Deftly bring up subjects that pertain to CD'ing such as fashion, jewelry, psychology of various sexual orientatons, etc. I think that will give you some clues as to how the woman thinks. Good luck, I'm pulling for ya!! Straight up and honest, your happiness depends upon it girlfriend!!!! Love ya! XXX

up front

is there being TO up front, to early
    I like my femself; it makes me feel more civilized, i think girltime should be a requirment for all kids.

The coventional wisdom seems to be that most GG's find it easier to deal with the CDing aspect of our lifestyle than the deceit and deception of witholding that information from them. While the first date may not be the most appropriate time to disclose our desires and needs, it must be done early on before meaningful emotional bonds are formed. If she is open to exploring this with you then move forward... if not, move on.
    Fulltime girl on the inside.
    Lipstick=confidence

[SIZE=4]Holly[/SIZE]

Must...Buy...Clothes... Katrina's Avatar
    I think putting it in your initial correspondence with the girl might be a bit hasty. I don't even think it is appropriate for a first date unless it comes up. I personally waited several months before telling my GF, and as it turned out, she said she would have dumped me if I told her any sooner, so my timing was good. That said, I think it is a third date conversation. Definately before getting intimate though - you don't want to hurt her if she is really attached to you. That's just my 0.02.
    -Katrina

It's the shoes...

...putting the "T" in GLBT.

The world would be a better place if everybody learned yoga...

Rated "TG"...for some gender bending

Action crossdresser Marlena Dahlstrom's Avatar
    People (male and female) usually don't disclosure everything about themselves before the first date. And since the general public usually has a distorted idea of what CDing is about, I'm not that suprised that it may have scared off prospective dates.

The best advice I've heard from previous discussions is to get to know each other a little first. You may want to wait until she starts sharing some secrets of her own.
    Lena

A dream? What is a dream, but a blueprint for courageous action.

http://www.adahlshouse.com

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena Dahlstrom
    The best advice I've heard from previous discussions is to get to know each other a little first. You may want to wait until she starts sharing some secrets of her own.
    Good advice. You might do best to wait until you begin to feel that a long-term relationship is something you want to pursue. Let the other person get to know what type of person you are (values, interests, etc.) before you start laying the more intimate details on her.
    “I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”
    Marilyn Monroe

waiting

So the majority says to wait just a little before telling her, this is what I feel will get the best results myself, yet I still have droughts if trying to tell them first is not more honest , and if you wait there is that chance you wait to long or just keep putting it off.
    How do some of the gg’s think about this thought? and what is the best time frame estimite?