Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Meetiing another CD through this Fourm - Safe?

I don't know but the "meeting and dressing in my room" sounds a little creepy and needs some further information. I would not agree to that unless I had a long term relationship with someone. A request for that from a stranger just doesn't sound right to me.

Hmmm... I would always be careful, having said that, I just met someone from this forum a few days ago. Had some contact here first and then it turned out that we were both to attend the some of the same local bars and I noticed this person in one of them and we only had a quick chat on neutral grounds.

This is the second time I have met someone on the net before IRL, first time was in 1988-9 and we are still very good friends.

Best of luck!
    Hugs
    /Giovanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gold Member
    I have meet a fellow CDer once, We met in DAB at a restaurant. We actually sat in my car so we
    could talk more openly, as we broke to go are own ways, we did exchange E mail. Now 2 years later, we just
    do not get a chance to talk as often as we once did. But It was a pleasant experience.
    Rader

Silver Member
    Ive met someone from this forum--both of us were dressed--and the meeting was fine--but the important thing is for both of you to spell out in advance what it is you are looking for (and to do)--the disasters and unpleasentness seem to happen when one party expects something different from what the other party expects.--
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

The Italian's have a saying "you don't know a person till you eat dinner with them. For myself I am in the closet so I can't meet dressed, but I would meet this person somewhere safe and then If I don't care to see him I can go to my room and not worry that I will be bothered, and if we decide to have a girls afternoon we can rent a room somewhere else and have a day together and either one will know about the other persons personal life.

No. And no again on the original plan. Meet in guy mode. Even if everything seems cool, I would say you could maybe then dress separately and meet somewhere PUBLIC. Meet, always in PUBLIC first for awhile. I share a room with a good friend of mine who is a fellow CDer, and there is trust, boundaries, etc. No odd moments. Just fun and it is safe. We pal around, go meet up with the others at a local restaurant and have FUN. You are uncomfortable for good reason....

Aspiring Member
    I fully agree with you Melissa. Good advise.

Good gracious! What do you people do for a living? Most everyone I know has to meet strangers every week if not every day. My business cards have a ton of contact information on them, in fact, if you have one of those cards (just ask) than you have enough information to find my house with a google search. Based on what a lot of these posts are "advising" I should be terrified every minute that a (gasp) stranger might call me. Strangers call me EVERY SINGLE DAY, I want them to. I might want their business, which would mean meeting them in person. AND I'll be dressed as a woman! (LOL)

Which brings me to something else, since my transition was rather public and most of my industry remembers when I was a dude a few months ago, should I be bringing somebody along with me when I meet people for lunch? I mean what if they're just setting up the meeting to ambush me!? Gosh so many things could happen, you never know ...and stuff

This thread should have been two posts long. Grown people meet new people and form various types of relationships all of the time, it's called life. I really don't understand all this consternation about meeting someone "from the internet" (how scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn72 View Post
    [img]188989[/img]

You could end up here.
    Be careful.
    Welp.
    That certainly is a real corpse, thank you.

Chelsea, I don't think you made it clear what is intended by you or the other person. If I were to dress with another crossdresser in a hotel room, there's a big chance that something sexual would be the outcome. Was having sex the motive or just taking photos of each other?

Its sometimes difficult on any forum to be able to get across who you really are. You dont really have to make known where you live, your work, hobbies, background and even why you are really here in the first place. When you feel confident enough with the person following their advances I would think a few "Get to know you" sessions away from the forum through internet based direct chat facility. This would hopefully allow you to build a level of confidence, or not as the case maybe, for moving onto the next stage!

Aspiring Member
    To answer Dee3's question, she explicitly stated it was only to have an opportunity to transform in to his- her clothes and get dressed which she can't do at home anymore and go out en femme and do some shopping and perhaps have something to eat.

Nothing sexual, explicitly stated as non-sexual, I explicitly stated I'm not interested in that either.

I don't mind meeting someone from the forum, just not in my room.

I'd be weary of meeting anybody form any web site.
    But, then again, nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    Meet in a very publc place and feel out the situatin from there.

Aspiring Member
    Oh yes, very public that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Badtranny View Post
    Good gracious! What do you people do for a living? Most everyone I know has to meet strangers every week if not every day. My business cards have a ton of contact information on them, in fact, if you have one of those cards (just ask) than you have enough information to find my house with a google search. Based on what a lot of these posts are "advising" I should be terrified every minute that a (gasp) stranger might call me. Strangers call me EVERY SINGLE DAY, I want them to. I might want their business, which would mean meeting them in person. AND I'll be dressed as a woman! (LOL)

Which brings me to something else, since my transition was rather public and most of my industry remembers when I was a dude a few months ago, should I be bringing somebody along with me when I meet people for lunch? I mean what if they're just setting up the meeting to ambush me!? Gosh so many things could happen, you never know ...and stuff

This thread should have been two posts long. Grown people meet new people and form various types of relationships all of the time, it's called life. I really don't understand all this consternation about meeting someone "from the internet" (how scary)
    I have met a lot of people "from the internet" but never en femme. I think your post holds a lot of merit, We shouldn't be afraid of meeting new people and making friends because I can't think of one of us that doesn't want to have someone to talk to, shop with, or just go dancing with. there is strength in numbers.

From what I have read, it seems like Chelsea is just being on the cautious side and that's all good too. The other girl has stated that she has no sexual intentions in mind and only needs a place to dress. If that's the case, I don't see the harm in letting her dress after Chelsea is dressed and the two of them go out, talk, form a friendship and have a great night on the town.

With all of this said, the big difference here is Chelsea is a CD who just started and has some fears. eventually she will over come them and enjoy her CDing a bit more. You are a fully transitioned woman. You chose to live full time as a woman and of coarse your going to meet people everyday as such. There is a huge difference here between the two.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    [img]188989[/img]

You could end up here.
    Be careful.
    Agree 100%. Haven't you seen 'Silence Of The Lambs'? The world is full of strange and weird people.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    This site aside, 90% of the time when I set a date to meet someone from the internet, I am there waiting alone...

From this site, I am 100% meeting them, and very nice people they are too.
    Ive had that happen to me more times than I can remember---and absolutely hate it. I understand that some people get cold feet and decide not to meet--but the least they could do is call or send you an e-mail---rather than just vanish into the ether---if you do make a date to meet another CD don't be that person---if you must break it give them as much advance notice as possible
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

I wouldn't leave you waiting MsJanessa

But I have been stood up but she did call before I went out and apoligized.

Quote Originally Posted by MsJanessa View Post
    Ive had that happen to me more times than I can remember---and absolutely hate it. I understand that some people get cold feet and decide not to meet--but the least they could do is call or send you an e-mail---rather than just vanish into the ether---if you do make a date to meet another CD don't be that person---if you must break it give them as much advance notice as possible

Aspiring Member
    I very glad I posted this question. Mostly it was about someone asking to use my hotel room to transition, which I am not comfortable with unless it's a face to face real friendship.

But, there has been a lot of replies about just meeting someone. I think arranging to meet someone from this forum is fine if it's just to meet and see if they could be a friend (very public place lets be practical). It's not a dating service, but a place to discuss our issues AND I believe to make friends.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we met someone on this site and they turned out to be the best of friends who can share this passion (and secret for a lot of us) of ours.

So, a big yes to "nothing ventured nothing gained". I'd love to meet like minded girls to be FRIENDS. If someone on this site wants something more I hope they go elsewhere.

I've met a couple of CD.com members once in guy mode, once as Tash. Both times have been for coffee in a shopping mall. Only go for public places in the middle of the day.

For example

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ing-for-coffee

Good luck

Tash

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    The Italian's have a saying "you don't know a person till you eat dinner with them.
    In spain there's a saying "Más vale prevenir que curar" which means "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure".

It's never a bad idea to be cautious.
    "I'm not sure. But I'll never know unless I give it a shot."

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    Was hoping to meet someone from this site who doesn't live too far away a few months ago. Life kind of got in the way. But, I think as long as the first time is in a very public place and probably in drab, I don't think there's anything to be afraid of. But always be on your guard.

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar
    I met four members en femme at the "Dunes" during an impromptu get together that included a public restaurant get together with some others who we met at the pool. Then I met Inna en drab in FL on a trip. The odds are pretty safe as long as you aren't meeting on main street in your population 1900 small town
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis

Living in CD Heaven Helen Grandeis's Avatar

Smile Only if you are meeting in Camden

[img]188989[/img]

You could end up here.
    Be careful.
    The people and the place always require common sense. However, these people are sharing the same expeiences
    Best Wishes for Personal Peace & Happiness
    -
    Helen Grandeis