Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Wal-Mart story

My Wal-Mart story

So I needed (wanted) some new panties so I headed to wal mart. Don't know why I decided to go when I did because it was really busy. Anyway, I finally got the courage to go down the panty aisle. Found a five pack of the boy shorts I wanted in my size, threw them in the cart and went on. Then a single pair caught my eye so I found the right size. I was almost out of the aisle when I hear someone call my name. I froze. My heart rate tripled. I recognized the voice as my ex gf. Luckily, she knew about Tammi so it wasn't toooo embarrassing. We talked for a bit an went on our way. That's the first time that someone I knew has seen me shopping, that I know of.

I usually shop at stores out of my own town, far enough away that the chances of meeting anyone I know are at close to none. When I do go to a nearby one is usually at a time when no one would be out and about but there's always the chance that they may be. I guess it was a good thing that it was an ex but at the same time will she run around telling everyone that "so n so was buying panties at walmart" just to out you? she is an ex for a reason after all.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

The reason she is an ex is because she just wanted a fling at the time we were together and said she never saw us together forever. She didn't know when we were dating, I told her a while after. We remained friends. She wouldn't tell anyone.

I can't help but feel that you take a lot on faith Tammi. I am not saying that it is wrong, it makes you a better person than I am. If it works for you and she doesn't flap at the lips, all is well in the end. The thing about us as CD's is everytime we dress, everytime we shop, everytime we interact online or off, everytime we post a pic (headless or not) we take a chance of being outed. I prefer for it to happen on my own terms, not at the whim of others. Good luck and have a great weekend
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    I was in guy mode and in Wal-Mart looking at make up foundation. I had it in my hand when my elderly Father rolled up in the furnished handicapped chair and said hello. I thought oh hell. I quickly told him "wifes name" is just on the other side of the isle, we're trying to find her some make up. My wife walked around and joined us and all was ok. Had I really been alone, who knows what I would have said.

Platinum Member
    Hi Tammi, That's how you get in a (People of WALMART*) video.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

luckily no one really knows be in this town despite the fact i have lived here over 20 years. I get worried sometimes, but then i tell my self not to worry because if people cared, then i would probably know more people lol
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

That happend to me at Sears once. It was my son-inlaws mom and dad.As luck would have it my wife was in the changing room trying on a new bra. So I was off the hook there.
    Angie

Gold Member
    Sometimes our nerves get more of us then they should. I was in Walmart right by my house once and had a few lady clothing items in my arms and cut over towards food which took me through lingerie. Right in the middle of a bra aisle, I ran into two of my wife's friends. I stopped and talked for a minute and moved on and there was no issue. Sometimes trying to make excuses can raise suspicion where it didn't exist before.

Cutting through that lingerie aisle... Very dangerous move for those of us with no willpower!

No matter where you're at, pretend like its the place to be...in our minds we think everyone knows what we are doing. But consider this, how many times do you look at any other shopper and think anything at all about their purchases? Most people are too busy with their own "list" to take inventory of yours. I've seen men in the lingerie section of Walmart and never looked at their cart to see what he may be buying. It's really (most of the time) our minds and panic that out us.
    Preference = Personal Perfection
    Sindee: Naughty by nature, Nice by choice.

Just about every department store has it arranged so that you have to go thru the womens section to get to anything. The Wallie Worlds here have the make up by one entrance and the womens clothes by the other. If you need to get anywhere you have to go thru.

I cant bring myself to go into the walmarts around here, due to the poor condition they keep them in. Its been Ross and Burlington Coat Factory for me

I can remember that happening a few times myself! But now I go in fem and could care less what they think! And beleive me I've been seen by many that know me!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I once bought myself female panties at a Walmart which had the men's and women's underwear in the same location, just different aisles, so I just breezed through the women's section quick and grabbed what I wanted, filled my basket with other items then checked out. Clerk didn't seem to care.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Some here need to just get over it, buy what you want and not think everyone is watching you.Unneeded paranoia IMO
    Do you care what anyone else has in their basket? I sure don't .
    Free you mind and your ass will follow.LOL

I don't say this to be rude or mean but REALLY look at what your putting yourself thru for no reason.
    Look at all the posts here where you GM's act so scared what other people think!!
    Its a pair of panties for goodness sakes lots of guys wear them trust me.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-08-2012 at 12:23 AM.

Luckily all my friends are back in my home town.

I like going to WalMart to fill out my femme collection! Where I live, we have a nice, new, 24 hr Superstore which even has self checkout registers. I wake up excited to go "Donna Shopping" and get immediately down to business. At 6 oclock in the AM, there is never anybody in the women's clothing, underwear or makeup departments and I can browse in comfort! Then, after making my selections, I go through the self checkout register so that I don't have the squeemish encounter with the checkout clerk! Walmart is wonderful for this CD!

Go back ten years...
    I have been sprung by gfs many a time and they are always vocal loud mouthed and make me want to hide.
    They do not out me but they do want to see me look like the deer in the headlights.
    If that does not work, "Let's go try something on."
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Once a year or so, I 'stock up' on pantyhose and tights for the year. I'll buy several pair at once, enough to last me the Winter.

Well, several years ago I was doing this. I went to the checkout with at least 10 pair of various colored PH. After putting them on the checkout counter, I looked up to see that the cashier was a woman I'd gone to school with, from third grade all the way through high school!

She didn't say anything about my purchase as she rang me up, but to this day I wonder what her conversation was like the next time she spoke to any mutual friends.

On another note: I keep expecting cashiers to make some kind of comment or at least give me an odd look when ringing up my purchases, but it has never happened. I think they do so much during the day they just don't care. Last week, I was in 'guy mode' and purchasing a few slips, camisoles, pantyhose and 3 sports bras in different colors, all obviously in my size. The 20-something guy running the register didn't bat an eye as he took everything off of the hangers, scanned them and put them in bags.

The most nervous moment I ever had at the register was when buying a skirt (while dressed) and the cashier noticed that I hadn't signed the back of my new credit card, so she asked for my ID. Despite my fears of what would happen when she saw my 'male' photo on the ID, she didin't even blink. She just handed it back to me, completed the sale and make some comment of how she really liked the color of the skirt I'd picked out.

BTW: Since then, things have changed for me. I REALLY dislike shopping at Wal-Mart, but they are the only place around here that sells some items like slips that I need... so my policy is that I will ONLY go into that store when fully dressed. That, at least, makes it something FUN to do instead of a chore. (the store I go to is about an hour's drive away, so I don't worry overly much about being 'caught' there).
    Last edited by Cristi; 10-08-2012 at 11:03 AM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

I shop at Walmart, Target, Marshall's and many more stores. I look around for what I'm shopping for and unlike many years ago buying things without trying them on, I take my items to the dressing room area and go in and try them on. I've been eyed by the attendant but never stopped from trying on things. There's no laws that I know of for trying on clothes. One girl said"you know those are womens jeans, right?". I said yes, they seem to fit better than mens these days. I've also tried on bras and dresses or skirts etc. As long as you go into the "mens" area to try on, if you're not in fem, you're ok. The employees don't care, they're just waiting for their breaktime...

Quote Originally Posted by Angie G View Post
    That happend to me at Sears once. It was my son-inlaws mom and dad.As luck would have it my wife was in the changing room trying on a new bra. So I was off the hook there.
    Angie
    Your wife buys her bras at Sears? DieHards?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Some here need to just get over it, buy what you want and not think everyone is watching you..
    That's what I do when buying shoes at Payless. Make up my mind (I know in advance from their website what I am looking for), walk in the door, find the shoes, try them on, put them back in the box, and take them to the register and pay for them.

The SA can figure it out, but I don't know her so who cares?
    Last edited by Eryn; 10-12-2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Merged two consecutive posts. Please use the multiquote button at the bottom right of each post to put all your replys in one post.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

When I first started I went to buy a bra (a drug store chain, not sure which one anymore ) and the male working the checkout called me out, I quickly made some excuse about it being for my girlfriend, made the purchase and left. He made me feel ashamed of my self for a few years until I decided this is who I am and I don't care what strangers think! (I admit, I still don't want family and friends to know)
    Now when I buy womens underwear I do go to Wal-Mart and try to use the self check out, if I happen to be at one that doesn't have them I just go thru the check out like its nothing. I also go to Kohls and Younkers because of the unattended dressing rooms, but I still proudly walk up to the checkout (in guy mode) and make my purchase. At one Younkers I took two bras to the checkout, the middle aged woman asked if everything fit okay (I assume she saw me going in or out of the dressing room), when she saw I only had two at a buy two get one free sale she helped me pick another one off the right rack! This last encounter restored my faith in humanity.

Moral of the story - I've never run into someone I know, but have had encounters with strangers, most good, some bad. When I do run into someone (and Im sure it will happen) I don't know what I will do, hopefully I will be able to carry on like everything is normal!

I work for walmart as a cashier overnight. I shop there for a few things because I get the employee discount. I go at times where I can not run into people and question my purchase. Am I a bit crazy for shopping where I work? Maybe but, I did not get the nickname "Psycho cashier" for nothing. I once went into the makeup isle to look for concealer when one of the ladies, who stocks at meat department, asked me if I was looking for something for my fiance. Noting that I looked like a clueless dolt, my acting was very convincing, then suggested that I get my fiance's foundation package if I was having a hard time and I told her I'd do that and walked away. Although I have a sinking suspicion some people have a feeling as to what I do because they may have a family member who does the same.

When I go shopping I generally don't worry about whom I may run into. What I buy is my business. I ran into a ex girlfriend and her new guy at wal mart, my buggy had all kinds of womens clothing bras panties make up and the like. She didn't know about what I do and didn't care.
    I know it is not easy for everyone to be this way, but I am not going to let someone I know influence the way I think or act. If they don't want to be my friend anymore that is fine. Probably not a friend anyway. The way I look at it is I am enjoying what I am and what I am doing and if no one likes it that's fine to.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Nothing beats a great pair of heels...