Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would love to post more face pics but am a little worried

You don't need to post your face if you don't want to. Don't forget that anyone can see the forum avatars here without having to be a member, which is why I don't have my photo as my avatar. You just never know who might see it and make the connection. Slim chance maybe, but not one I'm prepared to take. At least, not at the moment.

If people are surfing over hear they are interested in CDing or they will get real bored real quick. If some one recognizes you you probably get a new friend out of it. I seriously doubt any one would see you. If they do they'll have to say why they surfed here in the first place. I post regularly on different sites and I am in the closet for the most part DADT situation I put photo's up and never ever has there been any one who as said anything I almost wish some one fromthe outside would see me and comment. BUt it just dosen't happen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

I agree a PC pic or phone pic as a way bigger shoot at outing you
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

If you're worried, just make sure your avatar pic is safe, and make sure you only post pics in Members Only sections. You can't actually be worried about someone registering on this forum and then seeing something in a Members Only sub-forum.

The only thing you really have to worry about is doing something extra dumb, like posting incriminating things that could show up on a Google search. You don't want someone to randomly Google your real name or the company you work for or your email address and have posts from CD.com pop up in the search results.

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I've posted thousands of photos and videos all over the web.... here and facebook for almost a decade and never had anyone that doesn't know find out.... more likely that the photos on your phone or pc will give you away vs ones posted here... imho
    I really need to get a remote wipe app for Android. Yesterday I was at a bar and couldn't find my phone, and I knew I probably just left it in my car, but I was still thinking, "What the hell? I've got all my logins to all my personal stuff on my phone!" Nevermind the fact that my ex took some pretty skanky pictures of me and then sent them to my phone.

Actually, if somebody started looking through my phone, they'd probably find it so depressing they'd kill themselves. They'd be like, "OMG! I found some weirdo tranny's phone, and the only things in the call history are bill collectors and therapists! And drunk texts to ex-girlfriends!"

Some very good comments have already been posted. I use a drawing for an avatar on here for that reason. On another site, I use a picture of myself with my hands cradling my face. This makes it so facial recognition software has a much more difficult time getting a match.

Ann

This should be safe...if you get recognised then you have a new friend...or rather share a "secret" ?

I want to be who I really am...pretending is catching up to me...qiuckly !!!
    What does not kill us makes us stronger !

Quote Originally Posted by Raquel June View Post
    If you're worried, just make sure your avatar pic is safe, and make sure you only post pics in Members Only sections. You can't actually be worried about someone registering on this forum and then seeing something in a Members Only sub-forum.

The only thing you really have to worry about is doing something extra dumb, like posting incriminating things that could show up on a Google search. You don't want someone to randomly Google your real name or the company you work for or your email address and have posts from CD.com pop up in the search results.

I really need to get a remote wipe app for Android. Yesterday I was at a bar and couldn't find my phone, and I knew I probably just left it in my car, but I was still thinking, "What the hell? I've got all my logins to all my personal stuff on my phone!" Nevermind the fact that my ex took some pretty skanky pictures of me and then sent them to my phone.

Actually, if somebody started looking through my phone, they'd probably find it so depressing they'd kill themselves. They'd be like, "OMG! I found some weirdo tranny's phone, and the only things in the call history are bill collectors and therapists! And drunk texts to ex-girlfriends!"
    great post and thank you it has helped me a lot !! )))

Tiffanythecd2002 tiffanythecd2001's Avatar
    I never really worry about no more, if they don't like it they can turn the other way, we all have our fanisty or what we want too look like , both male and females, huggs Tiffany
    Attached Images Attached Images

Even if someone was to figure you out, how do they actually know for sure unless you tell them? Even then, if they know, they don't know who else knows and who is watching your back. People will wonder why they are so interested in your life. You can also fight back with legal action if they harm your reputation or do something illegal. Its a small risk if you are smart about it. Nothing you post online is gauranteed to be real is it?
    Chickie

i post face pics only on here, cause if my friends DO find em it also means theyre looking into CDing as well cause theyll be on this site lol. nothing to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickhe View Post
    Even if someone was to figure you out, how do they actually know for sure unless you tell them? Even then, if they know, they don't know who else knows and who is watching your back. People will wonder why they are so interested in your life. You can also fight back with legal action if they harm your reputation or do something illegal. Its a small risk if you are smart about it. Nothing you post online is gauranteed to be real is it?
    Truth is an absolute defense to any suit for libel or slander in the US. Therefore, if you tried to sue someone for harming your representation by outing you as a CDer, and the picture was actually you dressed en femme and posted on a CD website, chances sre your suit would be thrown out. Of course, the threat of a lawsuit, before any outing may deter some, but not anyone with knowledge of the law and a penchant for being a d-bag!

I posted a face pic a while back, then removed it again. I guess it doesn't really matter, but my face ruins most of my photos anyway lol

I do not think I qualify to give Advice. I do however know that once it is on the internet it is there forever !!

This site is one thing but...

[SIZE="4"]I'm in the same boat but would have to agree that people looking at pictures here probably came here for a similar reason.

Having said that... I once did a Google search of something like French maid costume and was surprised at how many photos there were of CDs wearing them. And none of those photos were posted here. So one could come across pictures that were in more of a public forum without trying all that hard.

So if in doubt, don't... that's why I won't either. And just to repeat what someone else said earlier... once it's loose on the Internet, it's here forever.

Lacy PJs[/SIZE]

I am a bit reserved with my picture too.
    Some of the girls in the photo section are so gorgeous that I am sure they defy recognition.
    Now if I looked like one of them again.......
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by katie73 View Post
    .....in short, if a pic is ever taken of me where i think a) im totally unrecognisable to my male self and b) my face enhances the pic rather than spoils it, then i'll post it right away. promise
    I worried initially, but to be honest now, I'll live with the outing should it happen.

Damn and blast on both counts for me Katie.
    Also, I like the signature quote.

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
    England is mine, and it owes me a living

Is it from the official DSS website?

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

While I understand the whole concept of wanting to be loved and accepted by everyone, for who you really are, you have to decide exactly how realistic that is. A whole lot of the world is going to think you're weird, if not mentally ill. If you're really lucky, the people who are currently your employers, your co workers, and your friends and relatives will be wonderfully accepting of you as a crossdresser.

But I wouldn't count on it. Which is why I don't post pictures of my face on anything even remotely associated with crossdressing. I don't need any more negative drama in my life than I already have.

But you decide. It's your life. If you welcome drama, go for it all and plaster your pics with you as a girl all over the net. Then, there's no turning back, and you'll probably have forced yourself to wear your 'I'm a crossdresser and proud of it' nametag everywhere you go. Which is fine. If that's what you want.

Or, you can stay somewhat in the closet and only paste your pics on forums where it's required to be a member to see them. At least, you're giving yourself a chance to stay somewhat anonymous for a while, anyway.

Best of luck with your decision.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Aspiring Member

Try a Google Search

Hi All:

I can't speak about photos posted in he body of a post, but I have discovered an interesting fact about the "profile" photos and "Avatars".

On Google my Avatar photo will show up in a image search of my CD name. The photo may appear closer to or farther away from page 1 depending on the number of "hits"

However my Profile photo doesn't seem to appear under any circumstances.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Danielle

Danielle, this particular forum is public, which means that google can search it, and google's search tools can 'read' a post. Your name is part of the post, as is your avatar picture, so google can display those. The profile forum is private, which means that google is not able to search it, so your profile photo should not show up on google.

Deedee

PS After reading Danielle's post, I did a google search on me, and found out something interesting and potentially disturbing. I posted a story in a tv fiction site not long ago. I just ran a search on google, and find that another web site, one I had never heard of before, has also posted my story (without my permission...) and even attached an appropriate photo to it.

I don't think I mind this - I posted so people could read - but it is personal evidence, to me and from me, that anything posted in a public place on the internet is 'fair game'. So if you are unsure about posting photos here, do not!

Deedee
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 03-03-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: quote removed, please stop quoting large posts

Aspiring Member
    Deedee: I wrote three stories that appeared on "Crystals Storysite" about 10 years ago. One of them also appeared on another site without my permission.
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 03-03-2013 at 11:58 AM.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I feel very safe on CD.com, my theory is if a friend or coworker finds you here there was a reason they were looking. I assume it means they are one of us and are in the same boat.
    Erica

Over the years I've posted and taken off so many photos with face as have your same concern. I do not want to be outed to my family and think the likelyhood of it happening is remote but don't want to take the chance. That said I do want other cdr's to know what I look like as it's more honest to have a conversation. My wife doesn't know about this side of my life but has caught me editing my photos on the computer twice now over the years. I just couldn't close the screen fast enough so had to sit and let her look with my mind racing as to what and how I would explain. In both cases she didn't recognise me all made up, once in lingerie and another in a dress which was hers. She just thought i was playing around on the computer on the internet. Which I was. I do have photos of me online now in dateacrossdressr.com and flickr which show my face but only allow them to be seen by those who choose to chat and become a friend so I'm careful and so you should be too.

I just typed in Kalista Jameson in google images and my images came up first thing with link data to crossdressers.com. I'm not worried, but yeah, once you upload, there's no going back. If someone were to show me those pics, I'd look with interest and comment on what a hot chick she is and ask if she's single.

Cheers,

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

Quote Originally Posted by Erica Marie View Post
    I feel very safe on CD.com, my theory is if a friend or coworker finds you here there was a reason they were looking. I assume it means they are one of us and are in the same boat.
    i feel the same way.

My screen name isn't unique. Google turns up tons of links that have nothing to do with me. Still, I have posted my pics on several sites, and I've worried that someone will copy a photo and publish it elsewhere on the internet. In that case, someone would still have to figure out that it's me.