Thread: St George Marathon

St George Marathon

I'll be running my 15th St George Marathon in the morning. (I know I'm crazy addicted...) Had an interesting experience though when I went to pick up my number. I was checking out some compression socks at the expo and the sales associate asked me to lift my pant leg to measure my calf. I forgot that I was wearing white lace leggings under my pants and when he saw them he froze. He looked like he wanted to turn and run, but remained professional and found my size. They had black and white, but I told him I wanted pink. Well that was the last straw. He pushed the black pair into my hand and said, "just get black."

Needless to say, I didn't buy from them... Maybe the next sales associate will be more accommodating.

PS Wish me luck on the race....

Good luck and I think that the pink would go much better with the white lace. Have fun, don't break a leg and win one for the Gipper.

Enjoy yourself!

After the race enjoy some great frozen yogurt at Menchies, 691 East Saint George Boulevard, or if you're really hungry head for another of my favorites, The Black Bear Diner at 1245 South Main Street.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Wow. That's kind of rude.

And, if you're in the mood for the best breakfast anytime, check out the Bear Paw cafe on 75 or so Main Street. Best waffles anywhere!

Good luck!

Kathi

wow, congrats and enjoy your run and
    This is a man's world, this is a man's world
    But it wouldn't be nothing, nothing without a woman or a girl
    —james brown

Good luck tomorrow. I have a lot of friends running that race. I am sure they wouldn't care if you were running in pink compression sleeves. They might say something if I were though.

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, you will be showing your support by running in pink. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    And, if you're in the mood for the best breakfast anytime, check out the Bear Paw cafe on 75 or so Main Street. Best waffles anywhere!

Kathi
    I've never been to The Bear Paw! Will have to try it next time!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

If you haven't left yet, good luck, sorry you didn't get those pink hose you wanted!
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Good luck Stephanie....and give a full report tonight!! (seriously addicted runner here as well lol)

good luck, i'm running the Marine Corp Marathon later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by StephanieJ View Post
    I'll be running my 15th St George Marathon in the morning. (I know I'm crazy addicted...) Had an interesting experience though when I went to pick up my number. I was checking out some compression socks at the expo and the sales associate asked me to lift my pant leg to measure my calf. I forgot that I was wearing white lace leggings under my pants and when he saw them he froze. He looked like he wanted to turn and run, but remained professional and found my size. They had black and white, but I told him I wanted pink. Well that was the last straw. He pushed the black pair into my hand and said, "just get black."

Needless to say, I didn't buy from them... Maybe the next sales associate will be more accommodating.
    You were just teasing the poor boy, weren't you?
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Platinum Member
    Hi Stephanie, I would buy a ticket just to see the look on his face!!
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!