Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does it upset you to see a woman dressed attractively?

Does it upset you to see a woman dressed attractively?

When we go to live theater I see women actually wearing dresses or suits and-this time of year- sheer panty hose-not 'tights'. I feel a mixture of admiration, envy, and sadness. I admire that -despite the super grunge look everywhere-they know how to dress like ladies (in my early 1960's criteria). sensible lower heels, nylon pantyhose. a well fitting dress. Yet, I know that I have to keep my pantyhose concealed under male slacks, my breasts restrained by a bra so I don't show too much-as an outward presenting male, this will never change.
    So admiration and envy collide-and momentarily, at least, I am sad.
    How do others feel when they are in a similar situation?

Yep.....happens all the time.

I get upset seing women wearing cute things I can't pull off. But there are male things I can't pull off either.

Banned Read only
    I admire their beauty, but I'm not jealous though. I do respect them more for putting forth the efforts it takes to go all out and and present themselves looking nice and very well dressed. So many dress, heels, skirts, florals, hair well nice and styled. I applaud them. If you can look real good then do it.
    On the other hand, I wish I could do that though.

I'm just jealous of the fact that they don't look like men.
    The clothes and makeup aren't of interest, it's interesting (and a bit sad) to look at women and see how natural they are.

I admire a well dressed woman, but I've honestly never felt jealous -- I always use it as an opportunity to study what she does to look good. Hopefully, if I learn enough from watching others, from time to time I'll be the one other people are looking at.

- Diane

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I love to view an attractively dressed woman with perfect makeup! I love figuring out what makes her outfit work, the details of her makeup, and all the rest of it that goes with a confident woman. How else to know what we should be doing then to observe the masters?!!!

I have to admit that one of the worst things about going to musical or live theater performances is seeing the GGs dressed nicely and knowing that I cannot. It leaves a hollow feeling, perhaps a yearning, inside me. Wearing a nice dress makes each lady a small part of the cultural experience while wearing drab clothing makes me merely the background.

Occasionally I do get a chance to dress for one of these events and it makes me feel so good! It makes the event much more enjoyable for me.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I admire elegantly attired women, I wish that I could emulate them.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Silver Member
    I have never felt jealosy. I admire my wife's appearance and enjoy when she is dressed up.

Although I really admire a well dressed woman and yes it does make me feel a little empty inside because of what they have available to them , but what really does depress me is when I see a really nice looking woman who takes makes no attempt over her appearance ,I suppose they call it the grunge look , and sorry it is only an opinion but it really dosent work , even in drab i prefer to wear clean shoes,trousers and a shirt as opposed to jeans dirty trainers and a scruffy tee shirt .

To me, it's unadulterated admiration. One of the things that attracted me most to my late SO was her sense of style and this was back when there WAS such a thing.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Hi,

Not at all because i can wear what ever they wear & go were ever they go. I may not do the Feminine look yet that does not stop how i look as a woman ,Or being with my many women friends & we do a lot together. & that means being dressed in period wear, & normal life for me every day is being a woman.

...noeleena...

It used to bother me that I would see someone dressed impeccably in a beautiful dress or outfit that I would love to wear, but know that I could never look that way. It's natural to feel that way as we all have dreams, but not the figure or the opportunity to live that dream.
    I no longer feel like that as I finally found who I am and I dress for no one else...just me.
    I wear the clothes that flatter ME. I wear the outfits that make ME feel good.

Now those I longed to be are simply guides to the styles and fashions that I CAN wear and DO wear.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

If the clothes are clean, and the woman is sparkling, the fashion is just her taste and however messy it looks to me there are others that like what I consider untidy dressing. It takes all kinds of evening wear to make an evening out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I love to see a sharply dressed woman. I don't feel envy at all, I just admire her and take a mental snapshot of her style, so that I may somehow use that information to improve on my own looks.

I love women too much to be jealous over them! I guenn that's why I dress like them!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Yes it does upset me.... alot.... that most of them are wearing ugly ass jeans and not dresses and skirts!! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Platinum Member

A Well Dressed Lady Is A Real Work Of Art

Hi Harley, When I see a very well dressed lady I like to use that to help me copy that look the next time that I dress
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Jealous ? Maybe ? But what always fasinated me was I wanted to know WHY ? Why certain woman wore hose ,,Why they wore Heels more than Sneakers an Flats ,,Why some of them wore hose instead of socks under there clothes ? What made them different from the rest ? Why some woman wore dresses more than pants in an inopertune time other than for religion . Why ? I always wanted to know ,,You would always see that one Lady that did this ? Never knew why always wanted to ask her an the one that got me the most was the woman you an me know that can wear heels with jogging pants an make it look good ,, Envy for sure ,,,Jealous a little bit ,,But I'm making up for it now !!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I think it's great but by their own admission, many can't or won't maintain it for long.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Looking at a well dressed lady becomes a teacher without even knowing it. We all scan over every detail she has to offer. Being a cd I am able to appreciate the effort she has taken to present her appearance for us to view. My wife has been a great teacher for me. She catches me all the time looking her over as she is one who dresses attractive. She doesn't dress that way to grab attention from anyone....she just likes to look nice.

Joanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be who you are...not who you think I want you to be

what i get more envious about isnt so much the outfit they wear, its the fact that they can wear it whenever they want. like i will see girls on their way to work dressed in something id like to wear, and what would get me most is the fact they probably took like 2 seconds to decide to wear it and it was no more an important or significant thought process to them than going to the loo or making a cup of coffee is. to them its the most natural thing in the world yet to me it would mean everything to feel like i could just wear stuff like that whenever i wanted myself
    I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
    England is mine, and it owes me a living

Usually made me want to go shopping, when I see a well dressed woman.

I have a deep appreciation for the hard work that it took them to look that good. I never think that it takes them two seconds. I think that there were hours of frustration, doubt and finally acceptance. The female inside me applauds them ... and then picks them apart. )