Thread: Social Media

Social Media

Hi,
    This may have been discussed before but I came across an app for my iPhone called Grindr which is for gay/bi folks. I was wondering if anyone knows of a similar app for cd's?

Thanks,
    Krissy

Grindr may be a little....uh...risque' It is a hookup site. Is that what you are after? Plenty of fish is similar. So is Gaydar. I don't have an iPhone so no apps
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Lori is right Hon. Best be cautious with these types of sites unless that is what you are looking for.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Be careful with social media and do not put out anything that can link you to somewhere else.
    Leave out email adresses and other similar info that might identify you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thanks for the replies so far....not looking for hookups but rather an app that would help me find some other gurls in the areas that I travel.

Krissy

I wish there was a way to meet when traveling also. I travel on business a lot, finding someone to eat dinner with or shop with would be awesome. Apps like this one, CL and other places are only about one thing. To bad there is not a forum for "Visiting a city and don't know where the sales are? Hook up with a CD friendly shopping partner and have a dinner for two rather than one."
    But I suppose, hook-ups are more popular....
    Me? Heading to Florida this week
    [SIZE="3"]*PinK*[/SIZE] Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the *present*

Quote Originally Posted by KrissyTN View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far....not looking for hookups but rather an app that would help me find some other gurls in the areas that I travel.

Krissy
    Grindr won't get you many TG's...but you can meet a lot of guys...who usually are not what you want
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Hi Lorileah,

Yeah, it didn't take me very long to see that on Grindr so I deleted the app. Wish I was able to program apps - I think something similar for the TG community would be helpful.

There is no similar app for CD's. Grindr and Gaydar are meant for gay men looking to hook up; girls like us aren't their target audience. A friend likes to talk about how he goes to a bar and all these guy are looking for people on Grindr and ignoring who is right next to them...

And an app like this for TGs would be a mixed bag to me. It'd be great if you're looking to hook up, but it'll also reinforce the stereotype that the only reason we dress is to get laid. And what happens if someone decides to use such a program to out people?
    Countess in exile
    Keep Calm and Dance to Morrissey
    Z and the Universe
    I'm also on Twitter and Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by divamissz View Post
    And what happens if someone decides to use such a program to out people?
    Oh mah gaird, here we go again.

I'm beginning to understand why so many remain forever closeted. Profound fear of everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

I dunno seems if you are on that type of media, being outed would be the least of your worries. Hmmm...maybe I should post my experience with two men who met each other via one of those sites and how the sweet little TG got herself in the middle of something that wasn't really her bailiwick (I always wanted to say that word).
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce