Thread: Out walking again...no one really notices...I really like this...

Aspiring Member

Out walking again...no one really notices...I really like this...

I went out walking again,but this time I started at 4:00 pm, really light out. I walked around town and then I decided to go to the park. It was packed but most went over to a baseball field. This was about time the night lights started coming on. I just walked at a steady slow pace somewhat swinging my arms a bit more than normal. I met peole head on, some ran by me and various occasions kids passed me head on riding bicycles. No one seemed to notice, except maybe a middle aged woman that keep her eyes on me for about 10 ft. Who knows she could have been admiring me in a short camo skirt and maybe she wished she would walk in one too. Then previuosly downtown a ruff looking guy really eyed me as he drove by in a beat up pickup truck. He probably thought i was a girkl and he liked the long reddish hair. I did put on a little makeup to tone down my face some, but I really am not trying to "pass", just blend in. Stopped at a busy gas station and filled up too. I like this!!!! I wish i could meet another sister to accompany me, but I have no idea where to start. Amanda

Yes I find that most people are too wrapped up in their own to notice much unless something is really out of place. Sounds like you are gaining confidence. Keep up the good things.

AnitaH
    I am becoming a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, I am ready to spread my wings, I have found my voice again for I am holding my head high and I am taking my power back.

“It is never too late to become what you might have been.” ~ George Eliot

HTTP://anitafog.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/anitah.fog

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Good for you you are taking your baby steps and that only builds confidence.KUDOS!
    Its scary at first I know but the more you do it the easier it gets.
    I don't even worry about going to the gas station or quickie mart anymore just go in get what I want pay and go out.

I've had a few guys stare at me while going out to jog. Even though i just wear shorts and a old t-shirt when I do.

i wish i was brave like you lol.

Amanda, you are doing things right, gaining confidence.
    You will find the right time and situation to meet someone eventually.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It is true, nobody notices you. Just act as if you belong and magically, you belong there.

Hannah

I think there is nothing to beat that feeling of just being accepted - not by anyone in particular - just being able to be yourself. Great to hear your story.

Michelle, Just be careful where you venture and go for it. Watch the people without watching them and be prepared to return to your car or safe place. Try not to over-dress ie. skirts so short your navel shows, LOL and over doing your makeup. Bright red lips will probably draw attention if you're just walking in the park. Wear something that fits into the area you're walking...Have fun but be careful until you're comfortable going out.

once you get started theres no turning back

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Google trans groups for your area and see if they have a meeting you can attend and make some friends. It does help if you have another person wit you as most ladies travel in pairs at night and it just more fun to do things with some else. It might also help if you put the city you live in on your profile as there might be someone on this board who lives near by who is also looking for someone.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

it is a great feeling to just be you around town.
    most out there never notice anything past there nose. life has gone and gotten to busy.

Aspiring Member
    I just got back walking again. I went to a city park at 12:00 noon. There were probably 10 people walking. I got as close as 3ft passing some and no one done anything. I do not think I am even in the "passing". I think I dressed appropriately and did not stick out. I wore outfit in my pic, but I am really working on posture! Advise for newbies: dress up, go out, RELAX and enjoy! I think 99% of fear is in our heads.... Amanda

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaQ View Post
    I just got back walking again. I went to a city park at 12:00 noon. There were probably 10 people walking. I got as close as 3ft passing some and no one done anything. I do not think I am even in the "passing". I think I dressed appropriately and did not stick out. I wore outfit in my pic, but I am really working on posture! Advise for newbies: dress up, go out, RELAX and enjoy! I think 99% of fear is in our heads.... Amanda
    I did want to add that after clinical rotation today I found a real super nice park to walk next door to the medical facility. However, since there were a couple of school bus loads of 1st graders on a field trip or something like that I decided not to walk this park, so I stopped at the one on the way home. All I could think about "pervert dressed in womans clothes stalking 1st graders on a field trip"
    Last edited by JamieQ; 10-10-2012 at 06:23 PM.

What a great feeling to be able to be yourself whenever.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianna612 View Post
    What a great feeling to be able to be yourself whenever.
    Well...I cannot do it "whenever" I please, but rather "whenever I can". Alot of this goes on 35-60 miles from home except for the last few days. Wife knows but it is DADT. Maybe something will come up again to address this again...She works 2nd shift and daughter out of town til tomorrow. I cannot quite femme up bodywise as I would wish, but with the wig,sunglasses, hoody and skirt in this weather it seems extremely easy to go out amoungst people. I am about to go out in nursing scrub pants. Amanda

congratulations and keep going out. (You may wanna try taking a book or fashion magazine to just read in the park; at least that way you can sit down and enjoy the moment more; and if someone approaches just pretend that you deep into your reading). But again, congratulations and don't forget your camera.
    This is a man's world, this is a man's world
    But it wouldn't be nothing, nothing without a woman or a girl
    —james brown