Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Makeup seems like too much work...

Makeup seems like too much work...

So I have to say that the idea of spending a lot of time putting on makeup seems like a lot of work and effort. Don't get me wrong, I would like to try it and see the results, but to do it right seems like a an extended effort. How much time do all of you spend each time you make yourself up?

The first 5 - 10 times... like 40 minutes or so... putting it on, cleaning off part of it, putting it on again....

Now, I can get the base on in like 5 minutes. New things I'm learning are a lot slower... so it depends on what it is..
    I think my profile pic took me... 15 - 20 min or so.
    eye lid primer
    beard cover
    cover up
    powder
    lip primer
    lip stick
    ... to here is about 5 min
    eye shadow (getting a lot faster at)
    eye liner (ug... still having issue with thick / thin lines / water line)
    mascara (better but, still touching eye lid some which means I have to go back and clean + touch up)
    crimp eye lashes (not a big deal, fast)

My wife can do it all in like 8 or less for perspective

You're right, a good makeup application it is quite a bit of work! That's why most GGs wear only lipstick! I would too except that I have to cover my maleness and makeup helps me do that.

When I first started to do my makeup, It took over an hour to get right. As I gained experience and lost a lot of beard shadow through laser and electrolysis the time became less and now I can get it done in well under a half-hour. The fact that I get to go out after it is done is quite a motivator to speed me up!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

15-30 minutes depending on the time available, for foundation, blush, eyebrow pencil, eye liner upper and lower lids, eyeshadow and mascara, a spritz or two of perfume and voilĂ*. Practice makes perfect and in my opinion perfection with makeup is over rated unless you have the perfect skin as a starting canvas, which I do not.

Never timed it, but probably around 25 minutes. Never feels like a chore though, I really enjoy it!
    Pursue happiness, with diligence

My blog: A Circular Square

Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    15-30 minutes depending on the time available, for foundation, blush, eyebrow pencil, eye liner upper and lower lids, eyeshadow and mascara, a spritz or two of perfume and voilĂ*. Practice makes perfect and in my opinion perfection with makeup is over rated unless you have the perfect skin as a starting canvas, which I do not.
    Actually, not using the sponge and using the brush was much faster and it showed some of my natural skin imperfections which I like. Besides, I have only seen a few plastic looking real women who look perfect. Everyone else have a little more texture, more real to me. IMO....

Others thoughts on this?

Makeup is a lot of work, never really timed myself but I can take around an hour or so, probably a high estimate... but then again I don't really do "subtle" all that well. I only dress up every couple weeks or so at the most, if I did it more often I'd tone it down a bit. Most of the time it is worth it.

Makeup is a chore, but if you want to look like a woman that is something you need to do.
    The result is rewarding.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It takes a while to get it just right. But then when you start getting the look you want it starts to get easier and you get faster at it. My only problem is I don't want to take it off. I look so much better this way.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I agree - really do not like to take it off (I look much better with than without)

Silver Member
    It's part of the fun, too. You can be so creative. It takes time initially but you can streamline the steps with some practice and experience.

About 30 minutes

Concealer to cover up the awful dark circles under my eyes. Liquid foundation to even color, mineral powder to soften it up. Dark purple creme shadow on the lids and circling the eyes. Lighter purple along the brow arch. Q-Tip to blend and soften the colors. Black liquid liner along the lash/water lines. Mascara. Black shadow to fill in the brow line. Apply lipstick. Voila!

Hi,

Makeup. Oh dear,

Well i spent 2 years learning what would suit me & if i got it wrong or it looked ...yea well... Jos soon told me get it off & do again, so i did,

I allso had friends in one of our biggest stores in Christchurch 2.1/2 hours drive north of us so did that two times , they were really good. of cause at that time as well i was buying my clothes so when all was ready i had what i needed .

Allso with in the 11 years i wore a wig pretty much were ever i went, at the end of that time I said to Jos enough iv had it with my wigs , no more thats it, end of ,i was getting headaches

So now no wigs no makeup just my normal day to day wear . i have no hair if you call this makeup then thats it lippy & eyebrow liner only because of being burnt on my right hand side of my face. no eyebrows,

& if i do forget that i still go down the street just the same, Oh & by the way no makeup will do anything for me , as in my avatra thats how im seen . & im accepted & part of womens groups so its not an issue ,& people are so used to me now .

Most of my women friends dont use makeup unless its a special event, face wise iv nothing to hide,

...noeleena...

Hi there
    Im Not Sure if you're looking at it the wrong way
    For me the makeup is one of the best things about
    Cding ,fun and sexy even the shopping for it
    I like also to get advice from sa,s on how to get the best effect
    Try to have fun with it

At first it did take a lot of time. I would of course take my time to do it and refine my look.
    My wife used to kid me about the time I would spend in front of the mirror. Now after years of doing it it's down to about 15-20 mins depending on where I am going. If it's a special event then of course I take more time to look my best. If I'm just going to the mall then it's much quicker.
    Like anything else it takes practice and with practice the time you spend on it decreases.

As many have said, it's all part of the fun of getting dressed and disguising the male features we don't want to be seen.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Aspiring Member
    I love makeup, for me it's one of the funnest parts of dressing & also one of the most effective. I haven't dressed for ages so am probably out of practice, but it would take me anything from 15 minutes to an hour depending on what kind of look I'd be attempting.

It really doesn't take very long and for all of us,the transformation is well worth it!

True Hon but as with many things, the end result is usually worth the effort. Plus with practice and actual doing, it tends to become second nature like many things in life.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    For me it's about 30-20 minutes. All depends on how much time I'm going to put into my eyes. I have noticed that most women at least do their eyes to some extent, my wife and mother won't leave the house without mascara and eye liner.

Also, it's what makes me feel complete and it's a lot of fun. You can experiment with different looks, colors, and explore ways to make you look like the woman inside you.

I love trying new eye shadows. I look at magazines and the internet and find things that I would like to try. I go for matching the outfit, my red hair and fair skin. There are day and evening looks and on and one. It's one of the joys of CDing.

Conceler and foundations are the hardest for some. I don't have to cover my beard (it's white and grey and doesn't show after a close shave), but if you do there are lots of tips here to help with that. Finding the correct color is a challenge, but that can be fun too.

Practice practice practise im told only problem is i just dont have the privacy to actually do it all to much yet,so im at the trowelling on filler look at the moment plus with my athritis its left me the dexterity of applying with boxing gloves on gets messy and frustratng but slowly getting dexterity back to sub normal.
    Beard covers my main problem at the moment im like homer simpson i shave and 5 mins later its back.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Makeup is a chore but when you get the hang of it it only takes 20 minutes.
    Pinkessence Transliving Urnotalone

Yes it is, but so worth the effort if done right. If you can get an experienced girl, tgirl or make up artist to help the first time or two it makes the process so much easier. Oh, it takes me about 45 min. Good luck and go for it, you will feel so beautiful!

For me, a lot of the fun of dressing up is the transformation process. It's not just being made up, it's getting made up. I have no shortcuts. It takes up to 1-1/2 hours, and I love every minute of it. So for me, there's a big payoff to making up.

Wow, I never saw it as a chore, I find it as one of my favorite parts of dressing. I used to take an hour or more, before I was happy with it, now days it takes about 15 minutes most days, around 30 minutes when I want to dress up real nice. I don't feel I've complete dressed with out make up.
    Tina B.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Hi Sweetgal,

Make up is hard. But what part of CDing is really easy? The clothes are a challenge to fit right, the cute shoes are rarely made in my size, the public acceptance and family relationships just aren't the same as say an avid model railroader. Yet we're compelled to try something feminine, and we like it, still unsure as to why. But at the end of the day, you're as pretty as you want to be. Some girls just use make up to help us get there. I'm off to get some eye shadow.

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.