Thread: Being small makes me tall (The Snake)

Being small makes me tall (The Snake)

Hi, Everyone!

A bit of shopping today--in drab as usual, but who knows? Maybe that will change some day. No need to go into what I bought. This and that, got everything at a good price, found what I needed, a very successful outing. Though I will mention the coat I found. Exactly what I was looking for. Got it at a second-hand shop. Excellent condition, fit perfectly (I did try it on), and a great price--€15.

The point of interest for me today was something I noticed about myself. Some people are into self-analysis, some aren't. I personally like to take a look at myself from time to time. Ever since I decided to stop denying my TGism, I have noticed one or two little changes in my thinking and feeling--along with one pretty serious one, which I won't go into here.

Today, I again had the pleasant experience of queueing up with a lot of women to pay for purchases. Pleasant because all of a sudden I don't feel so small. As probably everybody knows by now, I'm on the rather smallish side: 5' 3" (and no longer growing). But when I'm in a queue with the girls, I can always find at least one or two who are smaller than me. It's like I've gotten a promotion.

When you're a guy 5' 3", the worst thing in the world is a tall woman. I mean, look, you're a guy, right? You're supposed to be big and brawny and powerful and protective, right? You certainly don't feel that way when you've got some woman looking down on you from her giddy heights.

Today, though, as I was walking about town, I saw a lot of tall women as usual--and all of a sudden I realized they don't make me feel inadequate any more. OK, they're tall girls, I'm a small girl. No big deal. They don't know it yet--though maybe they'll start finding out fairly soon. And nobody would guess it to look at me. But maybe they'll start guessing pretty soon. Who knows?

It's one advantage of no longer pretending to be what you're not. You don't have to accept the disadvantages of being what you're pretending to be.

What sort of girl am I? Certainly not the usual sort. Maybe only a pretend girl. But I'm certainly finding it more pleasant in ways being a pretend girl than a pretend guy. Maybe I should stop pretending. Maybe I should just say, "I'm trans." And if anybody wants to know what that means, I suppose I'll figure it out as I go along.

Happy tonight. "The snake is long, seven miles, he's old and his skin is cold"--but he/she is sloughing that skin.

Best wishes, Annabelle
    Last edited by Foxglove; 10-10-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Hi;Try being 6' 3" and blending in ......however I don't worry about it any more....I just dress appropriately and do my own thing.I'm not pretending to be a woman ...I am one .
    Paula
    " I'm learning to fly"..............(Tom Petty).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulacd1 View Post
    Hi;Try being 6' 3" and blending in ......
    Paula
    Aye, Paula, I hear you. My height has always been to my disadvantage. That was my fault. It could have been to my advantage, if I'd just had more sense. Be yourself: that's usually the best way, isn't it? Play the cards you're dealt: and I threw away my pair of aces.

Annabelle

so I guess being 5'4" is a good thing for me.......yippee

Funny, when I was a kid, I always wanted to be 6 foot tall, Didn't make it, missed by a couple inches, now I wish I where 3 or 4 inches smaller than I am. 5'3" you can buy in the petites, they have the cutest stuff.
    When I first got married my wife who is 5'2" was also very slim. I loved taking her into the girls section to shop for her, the stuff looked better on her, and was very stylish. Enjoy what you got, Annabelle
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Yeah it's funny, being 5'9" I feel a little small for a man but as a woman I think it's a good height.
    "I'm not sure. But I'll never know unless I give it a shot."

Advantages to being small, and advantages to being tall. At six foot six, I cannot help but be eyed , even in guy mode. If i had to do it over, i would have been about 5'9". Tall is good for reaching things, and some sports, but all the times i have been brained hitting my head, and cars and planes i cannot fit in, and, also would have liked a woman around my height, but that never happens. Short has advantages, too. There are far more GG's your size around, and i see very few single very tall GG's, and many married with smaller men!

I can relate to your story in a sense at being 5'6''! In my prime I was anything but small! Weighing in at 200 lb's with not a hint of fat no one considered me small! Now a days I sheded 60 lb's and live as a women I feel quite satisfied with my size!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Torn View Post
    Advantages to being small, and advantages to being tall.
    You're right. I suddenly feel my size is to my advantage. But who's to say I won't find it's also become a disadvantage in ways? It's hard to know what something's like until you've really got into it. No matter what you are, perhaps it can cut both ways. I suppose you take what you've got and work with it.

Annabelle

I like short girls and tall girls. I'm 5'10" so I've never had height problems, but I have had weight problems. When I was younger I was always extremely thin and like the guys around me I was expected to lift weights an gain muscle. That didn't go well, and it took me a very long time to like my body. My mom is 4'10" with delicate bones. It's not supriseing I have a muscle building issue . Doctors used to actually pester me asking "Are you sure you eat enough during the day?" when I really ate constantly. Eventually I had this image in my mind I was sapposed to be ripped an muscular an manly. Till I got curious abot makeup lol. And I thought hell I look alot better with lipstick than with muscles.

I can relate. I am 5'5" and I have heard all the short jokes. Being a short male has a lot of disadvantages but it has been great when going out dressed. Even in heels I blend in because there are several females taller than me. People notice short men and tall women, but they don't pay attention to short women.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
    Eventually I had this image in my mind I was sapposed to be ripped an muscular an manly. Till I got curious abot makeup lol. And I thought hell I look alot better with lipstick than with muscles.
    I can relate to this. I like lipstick better than muscles, too. Though in my case, I never had much in the way of muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by steph1964 View Post
    Even in heels I blend in because there are several females taller than me. People notice short men and tall women, but they don't pay attention to short women.
    Yeah, everybody wants to blend in, and it will certainly be easier for us than for the tall girls. On the other hand, I've just recalled that a long time ago, I read that small women tend to be assaulted more often than tall women. So exactly what this will mean for me overall is hard to say at this point. I have discovered an advantage in being small, and I'm enjoying it. But there's a long way to go and a lot to learn yet.

Annabelle

I get enough self analysis looking in the mirror, plucking hairs off my face and eyebrows.
    Applying makeup and posing daintily?
    If I am with a tall girl on a date I stand her in the gutter and I stand on the kerb to kiss her good night.
    Such style here.
    I rarely think of myself as different in a lineup. I may stand out but I am a girl like the rest of them
    Aren't I?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm 5-9 also. Sometimes when in drab, I feel tall in the stores but when I'm dressed, all of a sudden I seem to shrink and feel shorter and seem to blend fairly well. I would still like to be about 5-4, but I'm good with 5-9.