Thread: comfort

comfort

Does being whom you are, whatever or however you define yourself, feel comfortable.

For me, I realize that I must live with certain restrictions in order to function within my societal environment, but I do not have to feel badly for feeling the way I do about myself. There is a feminine inner-self, with whom I am at complete ease.

There is so much more to be said, but my thoughts are not yet clear enough to articulate anything of consequence. I would very much like to hear how others feel, though.

Carlene

You're asking if you should feel bad about feeling at ease? Lord, that sounds like the kind of question I'd come up with.

No--it's OK to feel at complete ease about your feminine inner self, and it's also OK to feel good about feeling at ease.

Best wishes, Annabelle

I'm sorry I wasn't more clear. What I was trying to say was that, I do feel comfortable with who I am and I was wondering how others feel about themselves. Thank you for the comment though, Annabelle.

I also live within restrictions and while I'm completely "ok" with having this "other side" to myself, I'm a little frustrated with the lack of opportunities to indulge, which prohibits the peaceful feelings you seem to have (quite the opposite generally). But... c'est la vie! VS Fan

I fell great that I have accepted my lifestyle, its the best way to live.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

For me being comfortable with myself is like lying on a bed of nails. It's something I've had to ease into and it still feels a little prickly, but it's not unbearable. I hear acupuncture is therapy and lying on something this stiff is good for the spine.

When I dress, I feel amazing. I'm starting to hate the fit and feel of men's pants and underwear. Not so comfortable in the daytime public environment which I haven't had an opportunity to try yet. Only went out at night and the second night felt great.

I am always comfortable, I just work around the restrictions.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

It was really hard at first for me to be comfortable with myself because I used to care too much what others thought about me. Also because I was brought up in a conservative and religous family. Now that I am an adult I've decided since its my life, I want to live it the way I want and not the way society wants me too. Just my thoughts on your topic.

Serena

I feel great about being myself. I wouldn't have it any other way and neither would my SO.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Society dictates who I am = prison without bars
    I dictate who I am = freedom

I was in prison living for society until I decided to be myself. Do I enjoy freedom? Very much so.

It is perfectly fine to accept for female side without any guilt and still function as you must in society as a whole. There are many of us that have reached that balance between the teo worlds.

I feel better and better about my self every day. As I come closer to the person I want to be physically.
    That I don't feel bad about that.
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

I feel much more comfortable today than....2 years ago? I'm not totally comfortable, I'd lke to be able wear exactly what I want, whenever I want, without agravations from others, or guilt from within. It improves day by day though.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlene View Post
    Does being whom you are, whatever or however you define yourself, feel comfortable.

For me, I realize that I must live with certain restrictions in order to function within my societal environment, but I do not have to feel badly for feeling the way I do about myself. There is a feminine inner-self, with whom I am at complete ease.

There is so much more to be said, but my thoughts are not yet clear enough to articulate anything of consequence. I would very much like to hear how others feel, though.

Carlene
    Yes. Incredibly comfortable. Scarily comfortable.

I have stopped fighting who I wanted to be and have started living. My wife is helping, and as she said tonight as she fell asleep, my life is so much more interesting and rewarding that if I had not met my wife. I am capable of so much more because of her.

We are both a little scared of what has happened since Meghan has been running around the house. I find myself organizing our home all of the time, I am way more thoughtful about how I dress, about what I talk about with her and so much more in tune to what my wife needs and feels. Our conversations are deeper and so much more emotional than before.

Being "myself" is so automatic now that I don't realize that it's even happening until I intentionally pause and look back. Sure, there is some sense of loss for my "male" side because we had so much interesting stuff going on when I was pretending to just be a "man". But being me is way more interesting and more instinctive than anything else I have ever experienced.

I am not confused and scared like I used to be because I get to be me. I cannot express in words how liberating that is.

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb