Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halloween idea posed by my wife

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar

Halloween idea posed by my wife

As everyone knows, Halloween is coming up. My wife proposed that we go out to a local charity event on the 26th. She would dress up in a tux or a suit, and go en drab (so to speak) and i would go in a formal gown, or sweater w/long skirt, makeup, jewelry, heels, etc. So far, the only problem is finding something like that in my size that is not spaghetti straps or strapless. Finding a tux or suit for her is somewhat difficult since she is only 5"1'. The thing about all of this is she is rather short, and i am 6"0' without heels and about 6"4 in heels.

What does everyone think about this idea?

go for it. She can get a young man's tux either through rental or often at thrift stores. Spaghetti straps are hard to work with but it can be done with a strapless bra or bandini bra But you could get a nice shawl to put over your shoulders
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

First suggestion, as I am also 6' tall sans heels, maybe just wear shorter heels than 4".
    That's beside the point. No one will judge you that night, no matter how mismatched you might seem to others. Just go have fun with it! Get an extra long gown and a small man's tux for her. I think you'll regret not taking this opportunity. Yay Halloween and extra-yay for your awesome wife!

This is sure to be a night to remember. Maybe you could do a cocktail dress instead of the formal gown or even a bridal gown/costume.

Aspiring Member
    There are children's tux's too. Kids are ring bearers and what not. Just rent it.

I'm 6'1" and have dresses that are not spaghetti or strap less. Either way, wear a cardigan or wrap or something over the shoulders if you are concerned. I don't like wearing strapless because of the fake bewbz, but some adhesive or a strapless/convertible bra should work fine.
    —Mikaela

It will go well on the comic side of life.
    But do dress up and have a good time.
    Do not bother about passing either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sounds like a great plan! I just read a thread about "what if your wife crossdressed" and here I come to find one where the SO has suggested it. It sounds like a fun night and like Bev said, you don't have to worry about passing or not. Yeah it may take a little shopping fun to pull it all together but it might be worth it in the end
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Sounds like you will have a good time no matter what. Enjoy the shopping too to find a dress.

Banned Read only
    "Opposites" is a common party theme and will draw the lest suspicion, IF the theme of the is party is "opposites." If just halloween, you have to expect that many party goers will suspect there is more to your dressing. And frankly, the more convincing you look, the more suspicious you will be. Ironic.

What an opportunity! You just gotta go for it! At 6 ft tall you should be 6foot6!in heels. A few years ago I went to a themed birhday party for my neighbours daughter, ended -up wearing spandex trousers, a shiny top, and 6" heels. Theyall knew me as Roy next door, nobody made the connection with me being c-d! Had a real blast, said thanks to the missus for suggesting it!

Aspiring Member
    Short wife, and you being tall is perfect for a Halloween party. You can go over the top and have a blast. Go for it, 4 or 5 inch heels be damned, it will look wonderful and fit right into the event.

Have fun and let us know how it goes.

Don't pass up a chance like that.

Banned Read only
    Go for it. My local Goodwill stores have a lot of evening gowns/prom dresses in the Halloween costume sections. I'm six foot even and would find it difficult to find a floor length gown. You should be able to find something that fits in the bust and gathers under the bust. If it were to hit a GG of regular height just above the ankles, it should hit you mid calf. Not all prom dresses are made to be floor length. Payless should be able to hook you up with shoes. For a five foot one wife, that's a little harder. However, you may want to try the children's section for boy's suit.

Do it,have fun and post the pics!
    There is nothing wrong with crossdressing but there is a great deal wrong with society.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer529 View Post
    Do it,have fun and post the pics!
    I agree completely!!! LOVE the idea. Just remember the most important thing is that you share your pics with us.

For our first Halloween together, my late wife went as a biker and I was the biker chick. Everyone loved it. Do it; you'll be glad you did.

Go as Sonny and Cher. Then she need not be as formal and you have all kinds of clingy options.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I think my wife is ready to go out with me dressed for Halloween, but I have no idea where to go. The only thing I have seen so far is an outdoor party with bands and such for $50.00 per person but it's more for younger people and heavy drinking.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Gold Member
    Sounds like a lot of fun, One word of caution, make sure your carriage does not turn into a Pumpkin at midnight.
    Rader

My wife and I did something similar. Had a great time. I agree with the other comment on posting pictures for us.

Aspiring Member
    Go for it and have a great time. Wish one of my female friends would suggest that.

I say go for it. I agree with Jennifer....Pictures lol. I will be doing the same thing this Halloween except I'm single. I found a wonderful dress that fits perfectly at Simplydresses.com. As for shoes payless or online depending on your shoe size. Have fun shopping and it shouldn't be too difficult to find a tux for your wife.

for gowns try romans or TBDress. Both are on line so you'd have to be on top of your fem sizing but both offer wonderful formal wear for very resonable pricing. gealous of you for the opp presinted. have fun!

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar
    Thanks for the responses. Here is an update. my wife "put together" a tuxedo outfit, for around $34.00. Even got a top hat at a Halloween store. She looks pretty good actually. We had a choice of three dresses, with the most expensive one being around $43.00 including tax. i got to model them for the wife tonight for her input and she made a choice that she thinks matches her outfit. Since i already have heels and wigs, not much more to do but practice walking in heels.

Goodwill has lots of dresses, but shop early, the good ones go fast. If you shop several thrift shops you should be able to find heels in your size also. And don't worry about the bra--where is you sense of humor? Its perfectly OK if the straps show. Find a black bra if you can. Shove a water balloon in each side, about a quart on the east and west sides would be about right. And don't worry if the duct tape shows.
    A really outrageous wig would be fun, too. Got any false eyelashes? Let your wife help you shop.
    Have a fun time.

Oh shucks--we were typing at the same time.

But maybe you should practice on not walking well in heels. Perhaps wear combat boots or flip flops. Paint the toes nails if you do.
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 10-14-2012 at 10:04 PM. Reason: ps