Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do your crossdress?

I believe that gender identity run along a spectrum from very feminin to masculin and our gender identity falls somewhere along that spectrum. If you are male society says you must live in the far male end of the male side. If you are female you can pretty much slide anywhere along that spectrum you like. My gender bias put me somewhere a little less masculin so I dress to allow myselfe to slide down the spectrum a little to appoint where I am comfortable with myselfe and my gender expression

Women's clothing is fun. The looks are endless.
    Hugs,

Zoe

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Because it has always felt natural. Because I love spending time in front of the mirror trying on new outfits and styles mixing and matching until I get something I really like. Then just sitting in the lounge like now chatting to you girls.

Gold Member
    I like to be able to feel what it is like to be a girl. By wearing their clothes, I get to feel what
    girls feel, at least what they are wearing. I do not go out of the closet, I am just not anyway
    have a female frame, quite the opposite, But I can dress and feel the other me that wishes
    could come out of the closet.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    It just seems like the natural thing to do.
    Could not agree more, when I was young. I grew up with two sisters and had three girl cousins living three doors down, also only few boys in neighborhood, so only had girl playmates most of the . We played dress-up and other girl things a lot with no shame or guilt as I got older. Parents traveled a lot for their job and sisters had me dress when not in school and gave me nighties from there frinds a long with other clothes. Always dress male at school though. Yet never thought of it as crossdressing or wrong. Just dress the way you like, be a pretend girl if and when you want. In fact never heard term crossdresser until middle school, then blew it off. In short feels natural an normal. Don't pretend anymore.

I dress to learn what it would be like to be a woman

I have always been curious what it would be like to live life as a woman and how it would be different than being a man. What would it be like to wear dresses, makeup, heels, have breasts and other lady parts? How would my childhood be different, if at all? What would going through puberty as a female be like, having to deal with breast growth, and the social challenges high school presents? What is like for a woman to fall in love with a man and then get married? Would it be different than what a man experiences? What does it feel like to be intimate as a woman, with a man, another woman or one’s self? And most importantly how do these experiences compare to their male equivalents? Dressing is my adept to answer as many of these questions that I can. However, I am completely comfortable being a man. I don’t necessarily whish that I was born female but I wish I knew what it would be like if I was. And since I am not sexually attracted to men and lack the physical equipment and will to answer some of those questions. I am left doing whatever I can do to answer them. I am also beginning to learn that feminine clothing feels really nice.
    Last edited by Sandra; 10-14-2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Discussion of periods and pregnancy are not permitted, please read the rules

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    As I have said many times on this forum and elsewhere, I crossdress because I like to and because it is fun!! I am not compelled by any deep seated motivation, I just like to do it!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Ame has always been a part of me. My wife used to kid that she needed my "gay" side to go shopping with her. I have even helped her friends shop. The SA today thought I was gay. Her quote"Who needs a girlfriend when you have him" I recently admitted to myself and my wife I would enjoy dressing feminine not for a sexual release but for happiness in feminine things.

I do so because I can't help it. It's like being left handed, having turrets, being born with asthma, or extra limbs and appendages. Unfortunately, this proclivity to cross dress, including other depths of transgenderism, is subjective and not seen by the casual passerby. Its invisible hold on those so endeared is nonetheless as effective in application as the signs accompanying other folks who have have visible differences.

Like many of those who post on this board, stopping does not work. Neither does running from it. If neither stopping or running work, then engaging and embracing remain. ...and that is what I've done somewhat recently, and therefore have made much greater peace than fighting a losing battle. So thus I cross-dress and am a transgender person.
    Last edited by TeresaL; 10-13-2012 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Clarification.

Thanks for the many thoughtful replies. For me, I think it started -as a feeling that I ought to be wearing my older sister's pink nylon panties (she preferred her cotton lollypops) and was partly 'Venus envy'--she was the smarter, favored one- I was the 'screw up' in the family. As this began when I was about 4-5--it wasn't anything sexual (fetish) then. As I got older, the Fetish part became a major component and I found that 'when I stressed, I dressed'--think this is a common situation.
    After being on meds for 6 years or so, there is no more 'mojo' left , alas, so the fetish part is gone for the most part. Guess it just feels 'natural' and I derive mental pleasure feeling (pretending?) that I am on the Pink Team. Ironic, I think more Crossdressers wear pantyhose than natural females. We keep Hanes pantyhose in business!

There are lots of reasons why I dress. I love the textures against my skin, I love they endless combinations, mostly I love the feminine figure.

Banned Read only
    I really don't know why, I used to think I knew why, but the more I learn, the more that I really don't know why I do this and need to do this. I no longer try to figure it out, I roll with the flow, and simply embrace it.

The only reason I crossdress is that, given my size, it's so much easier to find women's clothes that fit me. If I could find men's jeans that fit me properly, I wouldn't be wearing skirts and dresses. If I could find undershirts that fit, I wouldn't wear a bra. If I could find jammies that fit, I wouldn't wear nighties. If they made men's shoes for me, I wouldn't wear my cute little suede boots. My reasons are purely functional.

But since I've gone that far, I also have to wear a wig and makeup and jewelry, etc., just so that I don't look silly. I mean, I wouldn't want other people to think badly of me, now would I?

Best wishes, Annabelle

It makes me feel true to myself.

To be me. I don't think I'm two different people, just a feminine side and an masculine side. I'm comfortable in both. Dressing makes me feel complete. Also I love new clothes, new looks, new makeup and you can't do that as a man.

I agree with Chelsea. Just to be me. I like the female clothes, style, colors and all better than male clothes.
    Last edited by Misty52; 10-14-2012 at 07:56 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]Its A Girl Thing....Misty[/SIZE]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/misty52/

Quote Originally Posted by Dana3 View Post
    Because since a young age? I've always admired, envied and loved women, feminty and all things feminine. I truly like and enjoy women, and any and all things about women. I'm envious of them, how they form friendships and relationships. I love their clothes, the mannerisms, the choices and options they have that I as a man don't and can never have.

I love the thrill, the frillioness of women clothes ~ the sometimes fussiness of it all.

I love the options that women have that men don't have. The sponetantiy of being feminine ~ the "Just because I feel like it!" or the "Just becaue I like it!"`

I like the fabrics, the smells, the odors.

I like the lace!

I like feeling girly.

Jus to name a few!
    I do it for Jolene and because it is fun.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    After my post yesterday reference not dressing for nearly a couple of months I have to answer, 'because I have to'.

I have aways enjoyed the tactile element of dressing as much as the original fetish beginnings, but after my chemical induced abstinence, it was a thunderous return. The last time I was shaking so uncontrollably, my immune system was very close to crashing, and that's a fact.

Ultimately, I just love being femme; I can be boy whenever I please....or whenever the wife wants it too .

Reb
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

It started as an urge i could not control anymore i just had to do it .After many years of guilt and purging im finaly at the point where i acceppt and love the inner girl and clothes ! Face it ladies womens clothes are waay better than mens !
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I love the feel of wearing women's clothes. The feel of fine lingerie against my skin. Sheer stockings on my legs. A long pencil skirt that restricts my stride. And to top it all off I love high heels, the higher the better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kelli

For me it is relatively new expression of a large part of my personality. Somehow it just felt really right to try. Now, when I have the chance to be Charlotte, it just feels as natural as slipping on regular guy clothes during the day.
    Delicate smiles and passionate kisses.

Quote Originally Posted by discreet_mga View Post
    For me it is relatively new expression of a large part of my personality. Somehow it just felt really right to try. Now, when I have the chance to be Charlotte, it just feels as natural as slipping on regular guy clothes during the day.
    Excellent post darlin, thank you for doing so.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

My testosterone levels must be high today because all I can think of is: Because it is AWSOME!!!!

But really it is, there is nothing like it, there are times I like myself better than others when I dress, boy when you get it right, right make up, right clothes, right state of mind YOU can become the girl you always wanted to be and nothing can bring it down except for reality but for that few hours you are one with the world and there is nothing else like it. To be your true self...nothing like it.

Other than the enjoyment that dressing gives me, its great to meet great people by being a CD, and the greater LGBT community.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    For a few good reasons (to me). Its nice to have a varied wardrobe of very comfy clothes. Sometimes I like to be sexxy, and because I'm biologically a half n half
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

At the end of the day it just makes me feel good. I guess that's all I care about.