Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do your crossdress?

Quote Originally Posted by sissystephanie View Post
    As I have said many times on this forum and elsewhere, I crossdress because I like to and because it is fun!! I am not compelled by any deep seated motivation, I just like to do it!!
    Yes that's me too. Just like the clothes, the makeup and comfortable being a different looking person for a while

I dress for a stress reliever just as much as satisfying my other side. I consider myself to CRAVE being dressed almost as much as I crave food or water. Without it, as time passes, I just feel the urge getting stronger and stronger until I finally give into it! There is nothing like changing from me, who has CONSTANT stress with three jobs, two kids, and trying to stay fit for those things. Jessica has no stress. No worries about anything. It's like heaven when I get the time to actually do it.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Wow! Reading through all theses comments from you girls has really made me think about my own reasons. So many of you have touched upon feeling that match my own. I don’t think I could have answer “why” until very recently. It’s hard when your younger to get past the confusing mess of positive and negative emotions.

As a man I can express only some of the things that I see as part of my female self. I’m very creative and have always been able to incorporate my love of baking, shopping, fashion, home making, gossiping with the girls etc as part of my artistic nature. However sometimes it’s just not enough and the rest of my female side who I have come to call Sam just needs an outlet.

As so many of you have commented, We can’t not dress. The choosing of an outfit, the feel of the clothes against the skin, the pleasure when I look at myself in the mirror and it works. Girls can switch so easily between modes of dress. From hanging round the house to formal work ware to drop dead sexy. When I want to feel sexy I only have one way to go…

Sam is the sexy me. If it’s the little black dress or just as today some skinny fit jeans and a gypsy top (plus some sexy knee high boots!) it’s how it makes me feel inside.
    That’s why I need it.

Thanks for posting this question Harley
    And thanks for all the other fab posts girls, I loved reading them.

The more i read on here the more It feels really life affirming to be part of this community.

Sam
    x

As I've said on another thread, it's hard to find a well-dressed woman not attractive. Even a marginally attractive woman is hard to not look at when she is all done up. I guess that's part of my motivation in dressing, an attempt to transform the bland everyday me into something attractive.

I love to wear pantyhose, mini skirts and high heels, it feels good and sexy, its personality. it just happens,
    Steffanie52

Aspiring Member
    Simple answer.....
    It makes me happy

More complex answer, it is a release from my male life of work, stress and responsibility.

Do I want to be a woman............ NO

Do I want to be able to pass as a woman when I dress.............Of course I do.

I love the feel of the clothes, the tightness of the underwear the smoothness of the hosiery, the pinch of the heels and now I love the transformation of using wigs and make up and painted toe nails.

I love to shed my hairy legs in winter when it is not a problem exposing shiny smooth legs to the world.

I hope this explains why I dress a little better.

I really wish I knew. But when I am in a dress and high heels, I look in the mirror and think, "This is me. This is right. This is who I am."

Simple I like being treated like a lady.

I crossdress, probably mostly because of jealousy. i can't help but think, look at the usually rough boring stuff men wear, compared to the beautiful fabrics, clothes and heels women wear. Why should women be the only ones to enjoy the best things in life. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a lot of the aspects of being a man, but i just prefer the clothes of a woman.

Former Member
    Why do I crossdress? Hmmmmm.....I have no idea.

I do know that when I am crossdressed, I have a feeling of complete contentment. All of life's stresses fade away.

I also enjoy the process of transforming an ugly middle aged dude into someone pleasant to look at in the mirror.

Oh, I almost forgot to say how much I love the feeling of stockings......and heels.....and a bra......and makeup.....well, you get the picture!

Aspiring Member
    I makes me happy. I feel complete for some reason. When I finish dressing and look in the mirror and see a good transformation I feel relaxed, and fulfilled. I love looking for new outfits, hair, better ways to pass as a woman, working on my walk, arm and hand movements, shoes, makeup, all the wonderful colors....just seems to be so much to making a woman look nice, so many options.

It's not sexual, not even erotic for many years now. I look at women and evaluate how they are dressed and get ideas, oh and ah over well made up women and enjoy emulating them.

The shortest answer, at least for now is - it feels like me.

Because it is awesome....
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

When I started out seriously.
    As a man I looked just ordinary.
    Dressed as a woman I was an eyeful.
    So it was satisfaction and being myself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

i crossdress mostly because i have always felt that i meant to be a woman and dressing up in woman's makes me feel more at lease. I love to wear woman's clothing and tend to make myself more passable everytime i dress up.
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its how I balance my life and deal with my duality.
    I feel more complete when I dress.

When I started it was because I was curious; then for the thrill; but now for relaxation
    luv J

There are tons of reasons for me and they all come and go in their importance.My biggest one is expressionism...it skirts the boundary's of expressionism and that alone is thrilling to me.The fact that it remains taboo for most of society is another one and I see it as a challenge not to fear the unknown.It helps me to look deeply inside myself and search the inner "me" constantly.

But the best reason so far is that in being here and getting out over the past few years, I have met more of the most interesting,wonderful and meaningful people.People who are into this are really unique and I never fail to learn something new from each and every one of them.

Is it just me or......... Carroll's Avatar
    Why do I crossdress?...What the hell else am I going to do with all those clothes my wife bought me?
    Drumming, My other hobby

What a loaded question! Why? I really don't know, other than the fact that I enjoy it so. When I'm dressed, I enjoy so many things that are denied to me as a man, and these things envelope me from head to toe. When I'm dressed, there is not one thing I'm wearing that is explicitly okay for a man to wear, from my wig right down to my high heels. Earrings, necklaces, bracelets, dresses, hosiery, lacy slip, a bra, boobies, long pretty hair....the entire gamut is exclusive to women, and a venture into no-man's land.

But I don't crossdress for the taboo factor, even though I acknowledge that it's there. I absolutely love wearing pretty dresses. And I enjoy the feminine element that comes with wearing such things. For a change from the norm, instead of being the rough and unpolished, gotta do the dirty work, farts and belches, drinks and cusses (okay, I'm exaggerating to make a point) everyday MAN, I get to instead enjoy the delicate, lady-like, smooth, silky, soft and demure part of my being. I love walking in high heels. I love giving my dress a twirl, and experiencing how my hemline flares out around me when I do it. I love lace, and soft colors. I love wearing delicate, pretty fabrics that love my skin right back. I love smelling my perfume, and how my hair cascades past my neck in delicate curls. I love the line of contrast between my lipstick and the rest of my face. I love how my eyes look when I'm wearing mascara.
    All these things, and none of them are even remotely acceptable in a man. But a man I gotta be, so I crossdress. Then I get to enjoy all of it just like the ladies do.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Because I don't like me when I don't. I get moody and depressed if I stay in drab to long.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Before I was a teen, I just think the girl clothes are so pretty and I love them.
    As I get older, it is not just pretty cloth anymore. It was the beauty of the female form; the hourglass shape, breast, and and all the beautiful clothes accent the female form!

I think I just want to be a girl!

TBH i don't know lol Since the age of about 12 i have done it ! Borrowing my mothers clothes when she wasn't around etc etc I just feel so right when i'm in girls clothing something i cant explain

I too "bat" for the pink team !

To be Femme first and foremost...but..I feel closer to my real self...my inner-me...the girl inside.
    I enjoy and love the feel and the look of the make-up, clothing, shoes etc...sitting, walking...you get it ?

It's about being "Courtneigh"...I am no- Bradd Pit...I am not the hunch back of Notredam either...I get enough attention from the ladies in general but because of manners and behaviour and personality too.
    All that is good and well but that is only part of who I am...not the guy with the good manners or whatever...

I do it to be Me...to be Courtneigh...as I should have been born !!!
    What does not kill us makes us stronger !

To quote Flip Wilson (as Geraldine), "The Devil makes me do it."

I do not believe that I cross dress I just wear the clothes that seem natural for me to wear but I am sure that someone will soon tell me that I am wrong in thinking that
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne