Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you knew then what you know now

Jennifer Wallace

If you knew then what you know now

If you knew then what you know now would you do anything different?

I have a transexual friend, when she was young her mother got her on HRT, now she she has no signs of ever being a male, she's gorgeous.
    When I was a little boy my parents took me to a therapist (because I was wearing my sisters clothes), the quack said I was normal and it was just a phase- Ha. I always wonder what migfht have been if I hadn't been such a disappointment to my parents and family and made to feel say... different. Could I have at least embraced the girl in me, even if I'm not transexual? It seems the younger transgender people, while it's not easy even today, they get it. My generation, back then- not so much.
    So, would I like to be full time- I don't honestly know, but I wish I knew then what I think I know now- You?
    Jenn
    Last edited by Jenniferx; 10-12-2012 at 11:40 PM.

I don't think that I would ever go on HRT, but I may have tried living as a woman much earlier in life, but that is also unlikely as I married and loved my wife very much.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Jenn, let me first put a bee in your bonnet. You wish you hadn't disappointed your parents and family and made to feel different. Please adopt the approach that if they had not failed you and made you feel accepted things might have been different. You failed no one. You are being true to yourself. They could not see that and failed you in your time of need.

If I knew then what I know now......wait, it was only a year ago, so I do know now precisely what I knew then, and that is my problem. At 66, what do i do?

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I had the opportunity then, and knowing what I know now I more than likely would have transitioned.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I had the opportunity then, and knowing what I know now I more than likely would have transitioned.
    Me too.

Jennifer your friend has wonderful parents to support her the way they did.

If I knew then, what I know now. Hmmmmm... tough one to answer, but I think I may have taken some different paths just for education sake.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I think I'm lucky to have never thot of trying on ladies things until I was over 50. I believe if I had started dressing back in the day, I'd have died a long time ago! Because just wearing clothes wouldn't have been enuff! Heck, it isn't enuff NOW!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yep; I truely wish I knew then what I know now! I would have no sign of maleness either!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

No.

Not knowing how things are going to turn out, the excitement of the uncertainty of the unknown is what makes this interesting for me.

If the envelope isn't being pushed, and the outcome is known before I ever start, the challenge is gone. That's simply not for me.

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

how many decades back is then???
    if forty then yes i would have done a lot differently.
    would have gotten into hrt. long before the tender age of 21.
    and would have put some cash away.

Hi,

What i know now is what i knew then 55 years ago. nothing changed that. i knew i was an intersexed person. & would live as i would , a female / woman , done & all dusted,.

...noeleena...

If I knew then what I know now-------I WOULD HAVE BECOME THE WOMAN WHO LIVES INSIDE OF ME!!!!!!! And that would have entailed HRT, SRS and after that S H O P P I N G!!!!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

I knew what I was at a very young age and I applaud those who were brave and bold enough to make their transitions. But for a lot of us older gals the therapy's and medicines just did not exist (or if they did, we didn't know of them). We still live in a world of prejudice, but when I was a child or young man it was flat out dangerous! I witnessed atrocities and humiliation of crossdressers and people of alternative lifestyles. I went to the Marines when I was 19 yrs old, I considered myself to be brave. But the bravest I witnessed were those who faced adversity and lived as they wanted to. They are the ones who have made it to where today I/we can now go out to clubs and into public. There was no internet, support groups, or the resources available that we afford today. We were quite literally "alone". HRT? yes if it were available and as advanced as it is today, I would most likely have chosen that path at a younger age where it would have been more beneficial, but at 53 I know it wouldn't be of much help to me now. That and the fact that while trying to fit in to a "normal society" I did the things that was expected of a young man. Things that can never be changed ie: children, failed marriages, careers, friends, families. There are more peoples hearts involved at this point, my 12 yr old son may understand my other side, I've taught him to be more accepting of peoples and their lifestyles. He is quite a young man and I look forward to watching him in his development of maturity....but I wouldn't want to bend his brain at this point...am I rambling? I'm sorry, I can get very passionate about certain things and this is one of them. As Crossdressers we are on the soles of all of society, I've been looked down upon by the straights, gays, transgendered...I've been told by all of them that the crossdressers hurt their causes...and to a point I understand what they mean by that. But I am just who I am, I can't change what's in my heart, I make it my responsibility to be more accepting of those who are different than me and teach that to my children as best that I can so their world can be better that the one I grew up in.
    Last edited by sinderella; 10-13-2012 at 05:02 AM.
    Preference = Personal Perfection
    Sindee: Naughty by nature, Nice by choice.

I would have lived my life my congruent with who I am, severly discounted the "programed norms" of society. Embrace femininty? Yes! HRT? Not so much. I would have just accepted myself and incorprated Dana more into myself, my life and my lifestyle and gave a damn about what others thought about it. I wished that the internet had been around to have found out that there are GG's who not only accept, tolerate, embrace, but enthuasitcally seek out men such as myself.

I'm not really interested in sex reassignment, HRT, forced feminzation, sex with other men and some of the other things that are GROSSLY OVER EXAGERATTED that goes with being a cross dresser. I just LOVE women, feminnity, and a lot of things that GG's like and are interested in. Always have been ~ guess I always will be.

I know that on the Bell Curve of humanity? I'm on the skewed end of the "Norm" (Whatever that is) and now at 55 I'm comfortable with that. I also recognize, (Now!) that's OK! In the strict stastical definition of the word "Deviant" I am a deviation from the norm of the populaton. Statistically and mathematically its to be expected and defined. But most any and all human beings are going to find themselves as such in some form, fashion or the other?

Its been the "de-programming" of all the religious, cultural, and societial crap that's been heaped upon me from birth that's been the struggle. I've heard it all my life? "Well that's just not the way that I was raised!" My translation of such? "I've never had an original thought in my entire Life! And if I did? It died a lonely death!"

In my ideal world? I would have been allowed to grow into and develop into my "normal" self, which would have meant embracing my feminne side of my being and personality. That would have meant I would and could have gone to school wearing the clothes and such of a girl or woman. (And NO that doesn't mean that I would want to have sex. Being Transgendered DOES not mean I'm bisexual, homosexual, asexual, pansexual, etc ~ to me it doesn't have anything ~ nor a damn thing to do with SEX!)

It would have meant not having to prove, validate, nor prove my masculinty..............................to myself nor to others. Dito with my sexuality.

The simple fact of the matter is? Despite this being the year 2012? Most of the population of the world is STILL illieterate, un-educated, and prone to "bi-polar" logic (the most primitive form of such ~ either its hot or cold; white or black; light or dark; male or female etc) When the simple TRUTH of the matter is that MOST people's "sqaure peg simply doesn't fit into society's "round hold" as to what is norm.

It probably would have been different but the world as we know it today might not have existed because I would not have been there as a man to do what I did. That is in no way boastful if you know the story of "The Nail". Anyway, parents were more concerned back then what the neighbors and John Q. Public may think rather than consider our feelings.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

IF......
    short answer....
    There is a whole bunch i woulda done different but only from a certain point forward...
    Yes I would have let the woman in me show through a bit more and who knows where it might have led....
    Education not so much
    BUT
    I would have stayed in the class with the tan paper cards with holes in them.....
    OMG my life would be soooooo different.

XO

Penni

If I knew then what I know now, I would have fought harder to not put on that first article of my sisters. Being a CD, and not TS, that is about the only thing that I can think of, even knowing where it would lead, and not really wanting to go there, may not have made a difference, but I would have tried harder.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

This is a mixed answer, because I love my family, my kids, my wife, and she is excepting. I know my parents would not be pleased and back then there were few transsexuals that were out. Rene Richards was the first i ever heard of and when i did i was so relieved. I was not the only one! A wise tg doctor, once said something like, we all read about Rene Richards in the newpaper, from the chair looking down at the paper on the floor. We were even scared to actually pick up the paper and let our parents see us reading the artical.
    Yes, I would have trasitioned. I know I have said it in the past, If I was younger and it was 2012 I would be way on my way. I do what I can to feminize my self these days, laser on my beard, shape the eybrows, shave my body hair. I embrace feminine things, speak softer, use female words, i have very little male clothing, I wear scrubs at work. And the best news in a long time is my doctor told me I have low testosterone! I'm not treating it.

Food for thought. No doubt I am comfortable in my current life, but I would have paid more attention and effort to develop Rachel. She would have been a bigger part of me today. if you believe in Sci Fi and alternate time lines, somewhere out there I am the most gorgeous woman in the world!
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Your thoughts are the same ones that have been running around in my head for many years. I am still not any closer to having a satisifing answer for myself. I try to stay from the "what if" questions now, as they only lead me on a chase that is not producing anything of benefit. Our lives would have changed if we had any new input, the question is, would it be have been for the better. By the same thought, your life would have been different if you were born of a different race, or on a different continent. That being said, if I had some "hot" pictures of my sister, Gillian, when she was in her early 20's it would have been nice to have them in the family album, if you catch my drift!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

If I knew then what I know now things would be a lot different for me. No HRT no transition but I would live my life the way I feel and not as I was expected to. I know everyone knew or knew of a guy in school that did his own thing dressed the way he wanted to acted the way he felt. Most everyone accepted him heck most wanted to be his friend he was a free spirit. Well I was always afraid to express anything different than what was expected of teenage boys. I don't think I would wear a skirt to school but I would have lived a little more on the feminin side.

I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then....

Very complicated question, had I been strong enough as a youth to follow my dreams I would be a full time girl now...but that would mean I would have never known my wife, I've told her that I would have been a lesbian but she keeps saying we would have never worked since she does not like girls! I would have never known my children and they are my life, if I have a selfish answer I would have definitely pursue my true sexual identity, but the reality is I don't think I would have been fulfilled with my life

Since I grew up in the 60's when the technology was not as advanced as today I wouldn't have probably done much different. Now if you change the question to what if you were 18 now, then the answer would be totally different. I don't know if I would transition, but that option would be available and considered. It would have been nice to have all the choices and information when I was 15. I had a high voice, soft face, and was 5' 1"!
    Sally

If I knew then--I'm not sure what I would have done since I don't know what I'm doing now. But it would have been different, and maybe happier.