Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I get my ears pierced?

just do it and be like, "I'm having a midlife crisis." lol

Have you noticed how many NFL football players have pierced ears? And they are wearing earrings I couldn't possibly afford? Go for it. no one will notice.

I just got my ears pierced today :-)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/88876124@N04/8101866563/

I went safe... I chose to visit a piercing shop so, no gun.
    Hurt about as much as a flue shot :-)
    I chose a flat black front. The back, post and front all screw together so you can change the front.
    The threads are on the inside unlike some of the screw back ear rings my wife has.
    Cost $67 total out the door. This was the piercing, two sets of parts for the studs and some soap to clean around the ears in the shower.
    They advised to just wash around the ear with there soap then soak once a day in warm salt water (distilled water) for 5 minutes, and don't do anything else. This is a bit different than what my daughter was told at the mall place. Anyhow, I love that I have mine done now... now I have to wait the 2 to 5 months before taking them out and playing with other ear rings :-( Oh well it is worth it :-D and by spring time I'll have a small collection of ear rings to just waiting to show off :-)

Oh, and it seems like my young girls really notice. It's funny they just seem to stare, transfixed on them. Women who appear to be under 40 seem to be trying no to stare at them. Everyone else doesn't seem to notice. I'm sure the people who know me around town will notice :-) I'm sure it will be fine and fun.
    Last edited by Diane Maple; 10-19-2012 at 12:02 AM.

Banned Read only
    Sue, despite what many will post here, the answer is yes, absolutely everyone will notice. Two ear rings are NOT common in men over 50. Now, that stated, most people will think its just a midlife crisis you are going through. Recapturing you youth, so to say. No one will give you grief about it.

I had mine done when I was 63. I was fed up of seeing all those gorgeous drop earrings for pierced ears, by comparison to the relatively small choice available for clipons. A couple of hours wearing clips had me in agony too. I just told everyone I had them done for a bet. I've had no negative comments. I wear little gold studs every so often to keep the piercings open, and don't need to wear them every day.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]"You can have my stilletoes when you can prise them from my cold, dead feet"

I was in my 50's when I had mine done and have never regretted it. Get them pierced. It open up more than you can imagine.

Just up and got mine done today and couldnt be happier with them, feels amazing and very femme, I cant stop looking at them.
    "It's not what you look at that matters, its what you see" - Thoreau

i too want to get my ears pierced but not sure how i want to go about it.. you see i have long hair cut in a female style and i wear it up high in a ponytail when in boy mode, i also have long nails that are almost always polished with a shinny clear coat of polish. That with the fact that my arms as well as the rest of me is hairless makes me wonder about doing it. I have thought about doing one ear and once the new wears off that one and it heals up do the other.. or i could just go ahead and do them both at once and see if and what questions i get.

I just had my second ear done with two holes to match my other ear...I got tired of having half my ear rings sitting not being used. You have to buy them in sets so have your ears done in sets. Wal mart is the cheapest place to have them done.
    10.00 total...earrings,ear cleaning kit and piercing.

Well I did it last year at 60. It was, I suppose, a bit mid-life crisis led. I'd talked off and on about the possibility with my SO over perhaps a year or so and had broad agreement to wait until I retired. But, in the end, I was going to have a facial at a good salon, who also do piercing and just went for it after my facial. My SO wasn't too pleased and I did get one or two questions at work but saying it was mid-life crisis soon quelled any more questions.

Left the small gold starter studs in for 6 weeks and went by the book regarding cleansing and no problems. Using a reputable beauty salon meant I had it done with the 'gun' - sterile 'use once' business end. Click, click, done.

As many have said, these days many GM have ears pierced so not really any great problem. I don't normally wear earings or studs during the day in DRAB but usually put a pair of plain studs in at night to keep the holes open.

I do like the choice of earings when in CD mode and my SO has helped choose and buy them with me since I had my ears pierced. I just think back to the pain of wearing clip-ons for more than an hour and there's no contest...

The choice is yours, to do or not to do, THAT is the question.

xx Polly
    Last edited by Polly R; 10-31-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    On a journey from here to there. Mostly here but sometimes there....

Just do it.You will not regret it.

I have had pierced ears for over 50 years - initially single lobe piercings and now three in each lobe. Plus left nostril and septum.

Former Member
    I had mine done when I was 48. I love my pierced ears. I thought about it for years and finally just did it.

Everyone will notice, few will say anything. I never really had any negative comments. Mostly people would say " you got your ears pierced" I said "yes". That was the end of it.

I have my ears pierced and love wearing earrings. I always wear them daily does not feel right not to

Did your children ask for your permission before getting a navel piercing or a tattoo? Nope, didn't think so. So, go for it!!! You're 58, if not now, when?!

Go for it,had mine pierced years ago.No one takes any notice even when I wear earings that are a little feminine.

for those that feel their job prohibits earrings, the plastic piercing protectors are hard to see and are non conductive. (important for an electrician)
    my one ear was pierced since the 70's and both ears double pierced since the 90's

some times I feel like a woman pretending to be a man, that pretends to be a woman. (I was good all day it felt like messing around)

the first time I seen double pierced ears was in the late 70's in Florida at a high end restaurant. (the very classy waitress had both ears double pierced, I was in love with her and her earrings) I was glad the fad caught on.
    Carpe Noctem

Cheyenne Hyde

"You may never exceed, your own expectations, of yourself"

http://s46.photobucket.com/user/MsHyde2u/library/
    (the password is feminine)

Yesssssssssssss!

It is so worth it. I got mine done at 53 and I love them. At the beginning of next year I'm getting a second hole in each one. My adult kids don't care, Iv'e gotten only a couple of people ask why and my answer was because I wanted to why else would I do it.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

Banned Read only
    you can buy a $6.00 kit from sally's beauty supply and after you pierce the ears and wait a day or two replace the starter earings with with just a surgical steel bar/rod or gold rod.

I break apart some cheap earings and use the rods from those to keep the hole open. it takes 6- 9 weeks.

this will allow you to hide it from all but the most curious people.

Its an easy and inexpensive process. I would do it in a heartbeat if my wife wouldn't mind. Its rather common for men and women these days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

i really want to get my ears done but i don't think i could talk my wife would be into letting me do it. does anybody have any ideas how to talk to her about it?

I am 49ish and got mine done the other day. All my kids think they look great. All the people I run into just smile. So go for it you only live once.
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

Banned Read only

Smile

get them pieced but don't leave the starter earing in

just use a rod from a earing that you cut off

or

http://www.hypoallergenicfindings.com/piearpr1.html

http://www.comfees.com/shop/pc/Pierc...ctors-p249.htm

Quote Originally Posted by luscious View Post
    you can buy a $6.00 kit from sally's beauty supply and after you pierce the ears and wait a day or two replace the starter earings with with just a surgical steel bar/rod or gold rod.

I break apart some cheap earings and use the rods from those to keep the hole open. it takes 6- 9 weeks.

this will allow you to hide it from all but the most curious people.

Quote Originally Posted by natalie_cheryl View Post
    i really want to get my ears done but i don't think i could talk my wife would be into letting me do it. does anybody have any ideas how to talk to her about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by MssHyde View Post
    for those that feel their job prohibits earrings, the plastic piercing protectors are hard to see and are non conductive. (important for an electrician)
    my one ear was pierced since the 70's and both ears double pierced since the 90's

some times I feel like a woman pretending to be a man, that pretends to be a woman. (I was good all day it felt like messing around)

the first time I seen double pierced ears was in the late 70's in Florida at a high end restaurant. (the very classy waitress had both ears double pierced, I was in love with her and her earrings) I was glad the fad caught on.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by luscious; 11-23-2012 at 10:56 PM.

If you haven't figured it out yet... no one in the real world cares whether your ears are pierced or not, I had mine pierced 4 years ago at the ripe old age of 30. I had some nice silver studs for the first few weeks while they were healing and bought some lovely dangly earings for girl time afterwards. Yes I still love the feeling of a earings swinging in my ears... almost as much as I love the feeling of my sparkly dangly bellyring (done at 33) swinging midrift.

Its an obsession I can't help it.
    Out'a my mind
    back in 5 minutes
    leave a message!!

Quote Originally Posted by natalie_cheryl View Post
    Does your wife ask you everytime she wants to make a change in her appearance? In other words, does she ask your permission?
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.