Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should I get my ears pierced?

Should I get my ears pierced?

Wish I had my ears pierced when I was younger. Now 58, I wonder if it'd be worth it. And how to answer someone who notices, most problematically my adult son and daughter. Any observations or suggestions?

Aspiring Member
    If everyone knows your dress, then do it. Oh I wish I could.

But, if not, then I would not. It would be noticeable. Of course if your screaming to get out of the closet totally, then for it.

Your decision, I'm sure lots of experienced l will provide some more experienced. Good luck hon.

Got mine done around the same age and have never regretted it.

You will certainly enjoy dressing more when you can hang a nice pair of earrings on your ears.

I say go for it. You only live once and we're not getting any younger.

Had mine pierced 12 years ago, at the age of 46, at the start of a 2 week vacation from work. Kept them in for the full 15 and a half days then took them out each day for work and replaced them in the evening and overnight. Not the ideal but wasn't brave enough to wear them to work and not sure at that time they would have been accepted. Before I left that employer, 4 years ago, there were a few people wearings flesh tunnels in their ears.

Wore earrings consistently at the job I had last year for five months with the civil service without a comment from anyone. In the job I started earlier this year, I haven't worn them to work at all. Two of the young ladies I work with spotted I had my ears pierced about a month ago and thought it was really cool. I met one in town this afternoon whilst shopping and wearing studs, she noticed immediately and was really impressed when I said that I wear them at weekends.

Have to wait and see what comment I get next week on returning to the office.

If you want your ears pierced then go for it. They are your ears and we only live once.

Iana
    Last edited by iana; 10-13-2012 at 12:35 PM. Reason: correct typo

Hun, one of the Sexiest things to do next to putting on makeup. Hugs Roberta
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pierced ears are so common today no one will notice.

I wanted to just say "Yes" but there is a need to meet character numbers.

So I will say it now. Yes

Why would you worry about it? Have you looked at the number of men with earrings? Some are even...BIKERS!
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Nowadays any one of any age, gender, or sex can have pierced ears. It's so commonplace that no one will notice anyway.

I think the best advise I have been given on here ... is just don't do it in a pink fog :-)
    If you do it, make sure you are because you want to... search for pink fog on the forums...

I was going to get it done last week or so... I didn't... not feeling all girl crazy this week because work is distracting... I still want to get my ears pierced. Going out to dinner the other night with my wife our waiter, a guy had some green plastic circles... she asked if I would wear something like that.. I said oh yea :-) She said then no problem... I'll probably get them done this next week at a tattoo and piercing shop and get a black ball or flat stud for now. I checked and it sounds like it will cost about $70 out the door (there studs are titanium or stainless depending an anodized instead of painted). Getting it done with a piercing gun and a cheap stud would cost less... but, I really want the holes to be straight. I have seen too many done with a piercing gun that were a little off. :-\ wife, niece, daughter... not for me.
    So, take a moment, make sure it is what you want and think about what you would wear when not fem and make your choice.

Hmm, a simple search for pink fog didn't work.. here is a link to the posts where I learned about it.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...t=#post2979195

Do it! If anyone ask just say you wanted to now days its no big dill really for a guy to pierce there ear.
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

I've had my left ear peirced since high school. Two holes. Just did my right one to match last week. No one has said a word. So many guys of all ages have peirced ears now that no one cares. If any one asks, tell them it's a mid life crisis thing. LOL.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

I did it at 46 and wear a diamond stud everyday.
    Anybody that asked, either that or buy a hot car or hot chick. This was the cheapest option.
    Last edited by Nikki A.; 10-13-2012 at 02:28 PM.

If you can do it by all means I have mine done twice in each. You have so much more choices for earrings if your ears are pierced.
    Renee

Are you sure you have to pierce? I've been wearing out and about lots in the last year and a half, always with earrings and I've never thought about piercing. True, I can't use posts or fishhooks but there are lots of hinged clips or hinged snap back: in both cases, the friction holds them in place. When most people think of clips I think they usually think of "paddlebacks" and I don't see alot of those. But I see lots of hinged, including hoops.

Good luck

-stephani

Aspiring Member

Go for it

I got mine pierced for my 65-th birthday and have never looked back. I wear earrings of various styles all the time and have never had any negative comments.

Just look around, more guys have their ears pierced than you suspect, you will not be unusual at all.

Do it and enjoy life,
    Sandra1746

Update: comments running about 10 to 1 in favor. Thanks, everyone. Still gotta think about it some more. Most times I make a hasty decision I end up regretting it. But it sure is tempting...

I keep threatening to get mine done... Seems like it's no big deal. I should just go for it! Let's do it Sue

Do IT

I got mine pierced in Jan. at age 63. Kept little hoops in for 4 weeks. Now buying and wearing earings is just a basic femme thing I enjoy. It just such a pleasure.

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

Silver Member
    It is hard to tell someone to do or not do something in passing, given everyone's situation is highly unique. If you are a bit of an "alternative" person (biker, rocker, hippie, kinky etc. etc.) you could probably be able to get away with it, since you'd have an excuse that others in your circle also have earrings. If you are known to be from a more conservative/vanilla background it might be much harder to explain why you decided to do it at your age, and if you have good reasons to not want questions it might be a good idea to look at alternatives instead; look at better quality clip-ons, around-the-ear pierced earring adapters (I use them and think they are great!), magnetic earrings and so on.

think for a second .....on a cross dressing web site you will get positive feebdback concerning piercing your ears .... the view is highly biased.......
    JC

the guy that plays dress up and that has the best wife in the world!

I'm 28 and I got mine done right after my birthday. I have loved them s sincE I got them And being able to wear earrings without the pain associated with extended wear of clipons is AMAZING, especially, when you flip your hair and the earrings coming back to rest against your neck makes your heart fluttter! °)

Angela

Aspiring Member

It isn't permanent

At least not like a tattoo. If you get them pierced and then decide you don't like them all you need to do is quit wearing earrings. The holes will heal over, even after many years.

I'll lay a small bet (a cuppa coffee) that once you get used to them you will like earrings.

Sandra1746

Can't have it with my job but I wish I could. If you can do it, go for it.