Thread: This thread is for All of you who are NOT...

Banned Read only

This thread is for All of you who are NOT...

looking to either "pass" or "blend" when you leave your house dressed in the "wrong" clothes.

What thing or things do you never or seldom bother with such as makeup, wigs, breast forms etc.?

There seems to be a # of folks here who are not necessarily trying to appear as female when out and about. I am guessing that few worry that they are "hurting the cause" of other CDers? [A "worry" sometimes expressed by the "full dressers"]

I dress as I please and never worry about the "cause". The "cause" is some nebulous idea of perfection that some other people seem to have with regard to CDing. Bottom line is that if it tends to be a burden, it ain't fun.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    There is no 'cause.' I think it's each to his own choice. I want to appear as womanly as I can. That's means I will don a pretty dress and appropriate undergarments. I will wear a wig. I know I will never pass for a woman. I guess I should have asked, "Is the cause to pass as a woman?" Or "Is the cause to wear feminine clothing?"

Aspiring Member

Comfort rules

I dress for comfort, usually in what I refer to as "plain-fem". Fem jeans, top, and undergarments. Also jewelry, earrings and necklace. Sometimes shoes (flats) depending on which I select. In general I am at least as "dolled up" as my wife, sometimes even a bit more so. She is OK with this and is often with me on outings.

No thoughts of dressing "for the cause", unless the cause is being myself as I define it. The best way to further the "cause" is to go out in public and act in a decent and polite manner. Civility counts!

Just being myself,
    Sandra1746
    Last edited by Sandra1746; 10-13-2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: clumsy typing

I don't understand the setup of your question. Who's supposed to answer?

The percentage of crossdressers is less than .01% of the population...with these kind of numbers how much of a cause can there be? I dress for myself first and foremost. As long as we are civil and social its all that we can do. And do you really think that those who aren't are reading or following any supposed rules on crossdresser etiquette really care about a cause? If you're passing, then what those that aren't passing is doing shouldn't be a direct reflection on you. JMO
    Last edited by sinderella; 10-13-2012 at 05:23 PM.
    Preference = Personal Perfection
    Sindee: Naughty by nature, Nice by choice.

Aspiring Member
    I seldom wear a wig, not because I don't want to pass, but because I think I look worse. I will wear a bra with some projection, high heels, low rise jeans and a fem blouse so it is not a secret that I am a CD. Just think I look a little more silly with a wig.

I dress mostly casual fem of course usual under dressing items, jeans, slacks, tops shorts etc. Dresses,skirts seldom, jewlery ocassionally. No wigs, makeup, padding(have natural fem shaped lower body) no more forms, had implants a while back. Just like being casual and comfortable with my mood at the time, Girl when in girl mood and guy in guy mood. As the pendulem swings.

Banned Read only
    Some people seem to think there is a right or wrong way. Nope. NO rulebook.

For some folks it IS just about the clothes, so they have no need for boobs for instance. But they still might wear a wig? Or makeup? There are ALL kinds of CDers here, no two precisely alike.

Just like the "normal" folks.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sinderella View Post
    The percentage of crossdressers is less than .01% of the population...with these kind of numbers how much of a cause can there be? I dress for myself first and foremost. As long as we are civil and social its all that we can do. And do you really think that those who aren't are reading or following any supposed rules on crossdresser etiquette really care about a cause? If you're passing, then what those that aren't passing is doing shouldn't be a direct reflection on you. JMO
    That's just 1 in every 10,000. I know we are a "rare breed" but don't think we are that rare.....

I wear all that is required to pass.
    To answer someone else's question the OP was looking for people that do not shave or wear a wig or don't wear boobs or in other words just go out to show they are a man in a dress and do not care about it. That is how I read it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I didn't know there was a cause. I dress just cause I like to look my best. If I was to put on something nice and go out I would wear makeup. But if I'm just sitting at home I won't wear makeup all the time. But then again I need all the practice I can get. So I guess I dress just as I feel at the time.

Omg...most of us could care less ..the thing anybody shod worry about is how you treat others
    and traet people with desentsy...that is the best way to support any cause

Hi,

how i dress is as a normal women , other than when im wearing my peroid clothes or garb as a member of two very different groups we are seen as different a different dress code because of the time frames involved . yet we get very good comments .

& iv dressed in our Village to show others what i wear several 1000. people, at different times,

As to my day to day wear ,women's. im pretty normal so as to clothes i pass & blend in & thats as far as it goes,

As a woman im accepted as one with out ? , because i am one . where my difference comes in is in how i look facial wise,
    im more male looking than most women. yet its not a issue,

For myself its not about clothes or what i wear or makeup or trying to be other than i am as a person , its about being what i have allways been a woman who is accepted as being different & a part of our community.

We dont have to pass a test or be a you have to blend in to be accepted, we can be accepted on the grounds of being who we are as a person, for my self im a female / woman. from birth, who has a mix of maleness thats part of my makeup,

...noeleena...

Gold Member
    The percentage of crossdressers is less than .01% of the population...
    Multiply that by 100 and you have the lowest number I have seen quoted in most instances. It will be a long time before we know the truth mainly because of closeted people making a head count impossible, but you are likely severely underestimating our numbers.

WildAboutHeels put cause in quotes and I sure that is to make it more theoretical. So commenting on causes is getting away from the point some. Here is her question:

What thing or things do you never or seldom bother with such as makeup, wigs, breast forms etc.?

Being yourself is all that realy matters Doesnt depend on how you look if you feel comfortable than go for it. All I can say is pick the areas were you know youll be safe and just enjoy the outside.
    Renee

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I dress at home, 'cause that's where I can dress ANY WAY I LIKE! No worries about passing or offending. And, no compromising in my looks in order to BLEND! YECH!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I have thought a bit about this lately as I have only been out once and I did not wear makeup. I felt great and I had a blast, but later I looked at a picture I took of myself in a mirror at one of stores I went to and was bummed that I did not look better. After a day or two I decided that I only felt bad because I was trying to live up to some one else s standard. Will I go out again, Hell yes! Will I wear Makeup Maybe.

The .01% is, I also believe, a very low estimate. Where did you get this number from. Most that I've heard are 1%-3%, some as high as 10%. The most accepted percentage of gays is 6%, which is reasonably well documented. I suspect that the number for TGs as a whole would be similar.

I also suspect that if the folks at the HRC heard that we were not behind "the cause", they would be a bit upset. They have been, of late, putting considerable effort and resouces into fighting for our rights. Some of us do care about such things.

Most of the time that I'm out and about, I go full fem with makeup, hair piece, bread forms, jeans or skirt and nice top. But, if I'm just running to the Home Depot to pick up something for a project, I go the way that I'm dressed at the time, usually jeans, flipflops, breast forms and t-shirt. No makeup to cover my beard shadow, and no hairpiece, although my natural hair, thin as it is, is usually in a shoulder length ponytail.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I feel you should dress how you feel that day to the nines if you want casual if you choose to.
    The way I dress I feel is positive for the so called cause if there is one.
    I may dress in womens clothes and be obviously a man and that is my choice.I dress how I feel.
    Always treat people with dignity 99% have no problem with how I dress.
    The more you get out and be pleasant with the masses to more they will get used to you.

I don't wear a wig or boobs and wear little makeup everyday. But I don't try to blend/pass everyday.
    My hope is to one day blend/pass with only what I have.
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I rarely bother with putting on nail polish, jewellery, disguising my voice, creating cleavage (shading with make up or taping), add shaping to my hips & booty, shape my eye brows, and doing an extremely close shave on the face.
    I've had several people in the transgender internet community get on my case for dressing in my vintage outfits and/or the "overly sexy" outfits (mainly about wearing high heels) out in the public eye. I haven't had anyone get on my case for ignoring the steps that I specified above.
    People that take the attitude of my dressing "hurting the cause" does not know me personally and aware of what I accomplish(ed) within or for the local tg community