Thread: Do clothes (sometimes) make the woman, and the CD?

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar

Do clothes (sometimes) make the woman, and the CD?

This is a weird question, cause its about a mans point of veiw, and not necassarily about crossdressing either.
    I ask this through experience. When guys see a gorgous woman in public, and shes in a revealing dress, short skirt, etc, they drool and sey "shes hot". if they were wearing something really ugly would they say the same thing? i'm trying to say, do clothes (sometimes) make the woman?
    Now, to my experiences wearing dresses while i've been out dancing at clubs, and a recent event here at home.
    while i've been out, i've had men want to dance with me and want to kiss me, cause they say i look beautiful or they like my dress, and they stare at what i'm wearing, not neccasarily at my face. i found it more intrigueing recently when i had unit inspection, and the guy came early while i was in my long satin nightgown and long silk robe. real estate know i dress, so they know what to expect.
    honestly, while the guy was here, he could'nt concentrate and was repeatably looking at my nightgown and robe. it was like he saw me as a woman, but had respect too.
    so do clothes make the woman, and ofcourse, the CD? it just seems CD's can be seen as women through mens eyes depending on the situation.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

I would have to say yes. Sometimes the clothes do make the person.
    Cary

The clothes help people with the ID but it's a real woman who brings out the best with what she is wearing, the clothes are just the window dressing. Note that my definition of "real women" includes CD's with fashion sense who can make the outer wrappings work.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

"...do clothes make the woman?"

No, they are simply the outward expression of the woman within who doesn't need to be 'made'. She alresdy exists.

I also think they do especailly when they are selected to highlight their best features, and are matched.

Well in my personal opinion its how you feel about yourself and the way you express it that makes you a woman. And sometimes clothes, makeup, jewelry, etc. are used to do just that. But everyone is unique and different so it also depends on the point of view of the person that looks at you. Some guys see the girl in you regardless of what you are wearing and others need some article of femininity to see it. Anyways this is just my two cents and what do I know since I am not that experienced. I hope my answer helps you

Many MANY years ago their was a TV series by Allen Funt, Candid Camera.....
    One setup gives insight to your question.

They took a woman put her in a car had her pull off the road and open the hood on the car like she was having problems.

First scene the woman was driving a really dirty economy car, she was dressed in a heavy robe hair curlers.

Second scene, same woman in a new clean car and she was dressed to the 9's in heals and short dress.

RESULTS:

First setup, almost no one would stop, she might still be their.

Second setup, the woman couldn't get out of the car as others were stopping to help her as soon as she pulled off the road.

####

So for most people, it matters how you appear, not a great comment on our society but that's where we are in the scheme of things.

This observation doesn't touch on CD but does address that visual impressions / appeal lead to closer inspection and maybe interaction.

###

Another story:

I once worked with a woman, she (from a distance) was a 9 or a 10.
    Closer inspection and after getting to know her she was nothing but bad news.
    Anyway, back to my story. As she aged she became more and more upset that she was no longer able to get the reaction she once did.
    I could see that for some women the transition from a HOT looker to a middle aged woman can have a devastating impact on their life.

Imagine Jay Leno in a wig and $700 dress with bright red lippy and nail polish. Then add black stockings and heels. I'm using Jay because Milton Beryle and Don Knotts may have been long forgotten. Needless to say, it takes more than most of us have to reach passing by dressing to the nines. Just saying. If it is important to us that is. Dunno. It's different for each of us and we walk our own walk, not what I or others think.

I say yes the clothes can make the woman.
    Many times you can take a average girl with good style and she's a knockout.
    Take a really cute girl and take away her style and she don't get a second look.
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

Sigh. I am not saying men are superficial...But I was wearing a really pretty long cocktail dress in a sparkly blue knit fabric, topped with my best shoulder-length wig last Saturday. A guy took a look when I walked in and immediately came over and started doing a sexy dance right in front of me. I was flumoxed and a bit nervous...I ignored him, turned and went to stand close to my cd friend. It was a gay bar. I don't get that kind of attention normally, LOL!

Did you ever notice in men's magazines--Playboy and others--even if they are wearing nothing, their hair and makeup is perfect. A nice body is really attractive right? Would you look at her body if her head was bald, no makeup, and when she smiled, she was missing a few teeth?

As a male, I will notice a woman's face and what she's wearing. She (this includes us, ladies!) may be beautiful with perfect makeup, earrings, etc., but if she's in worn sweats or raggedy clothes, I lose interest. The icing makes the cake. I so like the look of leggings or nice skinny jeans with heels or boots. nice flats work. Sweat socks and sneakers are a deal breaker. The nicer the icing, the more interesting the woman becomes. Fully decorate that cake and all men will notice. And stare. And make an ass of himself.

For GG's, they do not need anything to make them a woman. However, the clothes, actually the outfit with all its accessories can really make the presentation work well for the GG from just looking sharp, to being professional to being hot and sexy, if that is their intent. Now for us MtF CD's, we need all the help we can get, from the hidden undergarments that squeeze, push and add inches where none existed, to makeup to highlight the good and hide the bad, then on to the clothes and accessories. We need it all, or at least I do to be able to get anywhere near to blending/passing.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    Sigh. I am not saying men are superficial...But I was wearing a really pretty long cocktail dress in a sparkly blue knit fabric, topped with my best shoulder-length wig last Saturday. A guy took a look when I walked in and immediately came over and started doing a sexy dance right in front of me. I was flumoxed and a bit nervous...I ignored him, turned and went to stand close to my cd friend. It was a gay bar. I don't get that kind of attention normally, LOL!
    The glittery dress looked great on you Jennifer. It was so nice meeting you and the rest! After last night I'd say the clothing looked better on some than others. I can become a bit dazed looking at certain clothes on the right GG or CD, but make? IDK, you either have it or don't in a lot of ways.

Hi,

Clothes ( sometimes ) make the woman, two things here,

For my self ....NO.... no matter what i wear, iv tryed that & ill fail every time , & i do have lovely clothes that i wear, for my body as a female yes very much so , not in my facial features, & that is as a woman see's it, no one else just myself .

As iv said many here will look better than i will ever , & i dont pretend to even think i could , This is a fact that i knew 55 years ago,

Two .

What one needs to understand is some of us dont have the look or even look like a female or a woman. part of our makeup, from birth, those who can then you have more than we have going for you, id be a bloody fool to think other wise,

We may not have what many have yet we do have other things going for us just not in the beauty side of things, or the out ward beauty, ours comes from with in.

...noeleena...

IDK if they (the clothes,etc.) totally "make" the person, but it surely can play a significant part in it.

Well they certainly help make this woman!
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I think it's pretty hard to deny that any woman, no matter how naturally attractive, is made more attractive by being well dressed.

Aspiring Member
    Audrey, I think you are so right. Personally, I think a short skirted woman is the most sexy and attractive. Of course naked is fine, but a short skirt or sexy lingerie is just plain beautiful.

Clothes maketh the man.
    Clothes maketh the woman.
    Clothes certainly help make the CD.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by SheriM View Post
    Audrey, Of course naked is fine........
    Most people look a lot better clothed than naked, and safe to say almost 100% of those over 30 years old look a lot sexier clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFlowingGown View Post
    When guys see a gorgous woman in public, and shes in a revealing dress, short skirt, etc, they drool and sey "shes hot". if they were wearing something really ugly would they say the same thing? i'm trying to say, do clothes (sometimes) make the woman?
    Unfortunately in the misogynistic world that most males (CDrs or otherwise) inhabit yes 'clothes make [our image of] the woman'.
    Last edited by Patti Remick; 10-15-2012 at 12:26 PM.

Clothes don't make the Person...they make the Perception....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Read only
    I think the deportment of the woman has a lot to do with the perception of others. If the woman knows how to carry herself, she can be very attractive whether attired in a nice business suit, dress or skirt & tops or if she is soaking wet, hair messed up and wearing jeans and a sweatshirt. I see many woman these days with low cut tops showing their boobs who think their alluring, when all they look like are women with big boobs. Nothing alluring or feminine at all!

I like watching the Today Show with Hoda and Kathie Lee's segment. In those segments the right attire does help the woman along with the hair and makeup.

I'm off topic here, but Kathie Lee has been very likeable on her & Hoda's sgment, I adore Hoda, btw.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Banned Read only
    NO. What clothes can do or MIGHT do is make the wearer of the item in question "more attractive".

Which is the simple WHY of why women have so many more clothing options than men. It is vastly more important for women to be "attractive" than for men. Untold thousands of years of EVOLUTION have made men into "extremely visual" creatures. Women have so many more options to appear "attractive" because they HAVE TO. [If they want to increase their chances of catching a mate]

I do think however, that some women can be "hot" wearing nothing but a burlap bag and flip flops.