Thread: Scary Halloween

Scary Halloween

Not a thought which had crossed my mind since conscious start of transition. As I remember way back in the past life, such occasion was always filled with playing characters quite engagingly and convincingly. No, I never resorted to be portraying a girl of any sort, way too close home, but being someone else came easy and I would get lost in the character so much that I always won the characterization criteria. I was a heck of an actor, lol, little did everyone know how much of an actor I really was, and even though during Halloween I portrayed characters in their farce and comedic character, I was a master of epic tragedy the rest of the year.

So when the invitation to Halloween pre-party materialized, I was at loss, I don't want to be someone else, in fact I am not secure yet in being my self, so such proposal was rather unsettling. My great friend encouraged me though and since I wanted to be part of the celebration I took the plunge. But instead, we settled for gentle and mild interpretation of character portrayal, and decided we will go for a CowGirl presentation.

I embraced the idea and so we went to experience my first Halloween of a new era.

I wonder how do you approach Halloween party idea, is it in any measure so unsettling and scary as well?????

I hate wearing costumes and I don't like not looking good on purpose. Sometimes, I dress up as a ****tier version of myself. Last year, I went to a party with a theme. Everyone had to be dressed like a dead celebrity. I kind of look like Elizabeth Montgomery when she was younger, so I wore a black dress with heals, stockings and pearls, but put on a sparkly witch hat and carried a Bewitched lunchbox. She was always elegant and classy on the show, even in witch mode.
    It's Frances with an E, like Frances Farmer. Francis is a man's name.

Quote Originally Posted by Inna View Post
    I wonder how do you approach Halloween party idea, is it in any measure so unsettling and scary as well?????
    Not if you view it simply as a chance to have fun. No gender, or any other overtones required!
    Last edited by Debglam; 10-21-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    Debby

I absolutely LOVE Halloween, and I never miss a chance to wear a costume. This is my costume this year, but I have a better hat.

http://www.halloweenpartystore.com/C...ateCostume.php
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

Banned Read only
    I have been around so long Halloween is a celebration of my life. This year I am going as the naughty little witch.

Michelle that is similar to the Sweethart Pirate costume I got...:
    http://www.halloweencity.com/product...&navSet=pirate
    I need to figure out how to say arrgg and sound feminine..

Oh, Tammy, you'll look so cute!
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

my boyfriend is a pirate too but not the same one, I saw yours and liked it better

Silver Member
    I would like to dress up... I just don't want to be confused for a guy dressing up as something. So... no costumes for me.

We're going to a halloween party next weekend. I'm going to go as a pre-bite zombie