Thread: do you love dancing in long dresses?

Aspiring Member PrettyFlowingGown's Avatar

do you love dancing in long dresses?

Have to be honest, I cant dance as a man (i have no rythem at all), but dressed up as a woman, i have rythem, the moves and it comes natural, really weird.
    i love dancing as a woman, one of my fave feelings. i love putting on a long flowing dress or long silk or chiffon skirt and twirling and shimmering on the dancefloor.
    many good memories on the dancefloor. been to 2 balls and have danced, except someone stepped on my train the last time. i was wearing a long flowing floor length pink promgown.
    i've danced with men and women. enjoy it so much!!! do others love dancing and being pretty on the dancefloor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I love my gorgous flowing evening and ball gowns. I love swishing in them, and feeling how beautiful and shimmering they are. I love to feel like a princess. I love to be elegant, feminine and ladylike.

Banned Read only
    Well I do Pretty, I'm the same as you, my guy side doesn't like to dance, but when I am Tara, I just can't wait to get on the floor and dance. The only difference is I don't have long flowing gowns though, I dance in skirts. When the music is over, I'm still dancing, and will keep dancing all the way up to my room and down the hall. But it is very strange how so many likes and dislikes change from out boy side to our woman side like that.

I love to dance in guy or gal mode. However, I have never danced in a long dress, let alone a long gown. Must be fun and a special experience to remember.

In dress in skirts or slit dresses. It's been many months now alas.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Not in anything longer than just below my knees, PFG. I've torn too many floor length dresses and petticoats just wearing them with my spike heels!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I love dancing in any dress! But a long dress feels so right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Dancing in long dresses? Don't know. Never tried it. Plus, it doesn't look very easy, and the only "dancing" I can do is 80's white-guy dancing. You know, it looks like a seizure while standing up?

Kathi

I absolutely love dancing in long dresses and skirts Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Square dancing type dresses just above the knee with lots of petticoats does it for me.
    Long dresses ike full wedding dresses and flowing ball gowns are for fantasy nights.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Never done the ball gown stuff but did try to slow dance in heels going backward. I now know that Ginger Rodgers was a much better dancer that Fred Astaire as she did all of the same steps only backwards.
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Square dancing type dresses just above the knee with lots of petticoats does it for me.
    Long dresses ike full wedding dresses and flowing ball gowns are for fantasy nights.
    I've never gone square dancing in a skirt or dress[*], but I go contra dancing several times a month, always in a skirt, usually with a petticoat. Men in skirts, CDers, TS's, gay men and women, and gender-benders don't raise eyebrows at most of the places I dance, as long as they behave reasonably.

My skirts are longer than knee length because the longer they are, the more they swirl when you spin. But contra dancing is pretty aerobic, so the length is a trade-off between bigger swirls and better ventilation.

One of our local groups is doing a "techno-contra", with black lights and all, and they said we should wear white. Since I don't (yet) have a white skirt, I'm using it as an excuse to make a white taffeta and sparkly organza dress for the occasion. Hopefully, when I'm done, I'll have something I'll want to wear.

* - Actually, I don't go to square dance clubs much at all, partly because they tend to be more socially conservative than I like and partly because they're too structured for me -- rules, classes, etc. Even if I went, I don't know how they'd react to me wearing a skirt.