Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossing Legs

Aspiring Member Michelle Crossfire's Avatar

Crossing Legs

I have noticed, quite painfully, actually, that i am not able to cross my legs like a lady. I don't know if it is my muscles or what, but i simply can't do it. Anyone else have this problem?

Crossing legs like a lady does can cause a little discomfort, but I manage and I love sitting lady style.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I havent had any problems except the occasional pinch. I have been doing so often that my young children have said something. So have some of my family members. I don't really do or say anything when its mentioned. I just shrug my shoulders and keep sitting that way.

If you are new to leg crossing, it may BE the muscles stretching and adjusting to the new position.
    If i knew then what i know now, i would have stolen my ex wife's clothes. I loved the way she dress

Megan Briana

Yeah it can be painful! If you can't get the junk out of the way then Tuck it!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I have always crossed my legs when I sit, even when I was made fun of by other girls in the 5th and 6th grades...

But the leg cross itself is easier for the genetic girls, the shape of their pelvis relative to a male makes it much easier for them to cross their legs and hold them together.

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Leg crossing is all about being flexable....if your not somewhat flexable then you will have problems.
    I am who I am...I am very happy with who I am! I am transgender! Time for others to deal with it or get out of my way!

I find it hard to do. So much of me gets in the way and makes it uncomfortable.

You'll probably have to work up to it slowly with stretching and flexibility exercises, which are probably good for you regardless of gender presentation. A beginner's dance class might be a good place to start. I've always been able to do basic crossed legs at the knee, but I found my options increased greatly (to include the "double cross" at both knee and ankle) after I lost 40 pounds or so a few years ago.

Women have an easier time with this because their pelvis is wider, which puts less strain on the hips when crossing the legs. But being able to do it is a clear feminine "tell" that may contribute to passability, so it's a skill probably worth developing.

Exercise and weight loss sounds like a good general prescription for a lot of us!

- Diane

I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones. I can cross my legs as well as if not better than some GG's. Then again, my legs are not overly muscular in the thigh area, and at 50+ i still have adequate flexiblity, despite old Arthur creeping up on me! LOL

Never had a problem with crossing my legs. But then I have long fairly skinny legs. I find it interesting that these days it is considered a female thing however I notice a lot of men especially over the age of about 40 cross their legs when they sit. I was certainly doing so long before I got into CDing.

Its all in the math... parallel lines don't cross... womens legs are pinned further apart due to the birth canal so they can cross at the knees..... mens are closer together so they are almost parallel ...... depending on how close yours are.... it may be mathematicaly impossible.... personally I can cross mine without any problems
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Times change. Once upon a time, not so long ago, it was not proper to cross one's legs above the knees. One crossed his or her legs below the knees.

It just takes practice and getting used to my friend. Seems to be somewhat of a lost art these days.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Silver Member
    Anatomy is a part of the challenge and practice, flexibility and weight control help enable us to do it similarly to GG's. When dressed a tight tuck is essential for me as well. An interesting thing that feminine deportment experts often say is that knees not crossed is most feminine. What do you think? Also i do find that if I don't switch legs, the upper one gets a bit tingly.

I used to be able to but now with a hip problem it's not possible anymore. Now I just cross my ankles when I sit.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hmmm, no problem for me, I can cross my legs at the knee quite comfortably, usually without pinching. Sometimes I catch myself doing it and quickly adjust to a more manly position.
    "Fear is the mind killer." Frank Herbert, Dune

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueler

"I make a GREAT team!"

Silver Member
    I just remembered that a couple of weeks back I was at a very busy salon getting my hair done and I noticed a 30 something women sitting without her legs crossed when every other GG sat crossed-legged. The thing that most caught my attention was that she sat with her knees together but her lower leg was at a slight angle to one side ( similarly to the woman on the right in pic ). I instantly thought how feminine that pose was compared to the crossed leg look. Just an observation. Most feminine poses are somewhat asymetrical and that is what she was doing so elegantly! Her hair loked awesome too!

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=seate...9,r:1,s:0,i:73

I cross my legs and even tuck my toes behind the other leg.
    Comments from men. "That's so gay."
    From women, "Gee you have lovely legs and look so elegant, I wish I could tuck my toes like that."
    Of course this is in drab.
    In a skirt, I have almost been busted for sitting with my legs apart when being tired and frustrated after a long day out.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I find this topic (which has aired several times) very strange. I have never regarded, nor come across anyone else who has regarded, crossing legs as a gender-related phenomenon. When I look at groups of seated people, the proportions of men and women with crossed legs is usually very similar. I was at a gathering consisting of around fifty males and just a few women a couple of days ago and almost everyone crossed their legs at some point during the evening. Neither do I subscribe to the idea that women are more easily able to cross their legs. Apart from people with physical disabilities and some very obese individuals, crossing the legs - and even "double crossing" them is easy and normal.

My wife gets angry if I cross my legs. She thinks it is feminine. She dislikes my cding. But I watched the news on TV and showed her how Matt Lauer crossed his legs at times.

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    Hips and muscles make it difficult even for GG's the GG's I workout with keep there knees together and cross there ankles tucking there legs under there chair. ;-)

Banned Read only
    I can cross my legs at the knee just fine. I think the main problem for a man or a woman for crossing legs at the knee is weight in the thighs. If your thighs are too large it is not possible. There are other feminine poses. Just 'Google' the issue. In a men's group I attend, nobody crosses their legs at the knees. They cross at the ankles. They sit with legs splayed apart. If you cannot cross at the knees, use one of the other poses, such as shown in Sarasometimes link.

And, remember there are many other feminine vs masculine issues related to legs. As far back as Huck Finn in Tom Sawyer the differences have been used. Remember Huck Finn, when an object was tossed to him, he instinctively closed his legs together to make sure he could catch it before falling to the floor. He was found out, because, a girl of that time would have opened her legs to use the large skirt of the dress to catch the object.

Brush up on the arts by watching the YouTube videos.

Practice makes perfect. I could never cross my legs like a woman all my life. I just worked at it over a long period of time. and wala I can be taught. I hurts for awhile, but its easy now. One word of advice. Don't do it to much, for it causes vericous veins in your legs. I read that somewere. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Have always crossed my legs - from a early age never any discomfort, natural for me and never thought it was out of the ordinary but I guess that's not the norm.............................Debra

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Losing weight helped me be able to cross at the knees with ease.
    I can double cross depending on what I am wearing.