Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossing Legs

Silver Member

Unhappy High School Turmoil!

Speaking about other mannerisms. In high school (long before I thought I was a CD) a teacher mentioned that there were differences but he presented it in an embarrassing way for me. He started with me and asked me to look at my fingernails. I spread my fingers and looked at them open palmed. He brazenly announced, "That is how women look at their nails!" I was prtified! He then asked the other the same question and of course all the other boys did it with a fist. I hated that teacher so much! High School is tough enough without the teacher setting you up like that!! Still scarred and looking at my nails like a girl to this day, just not when anyone else is watching!!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by daviolin View Post
    Practice makes perfect. I could never cross my legs like a woman all my life. I just worked at it over a long period of time. and wala I can be taught. I hurts for awhile, but its easy now. One word of advice. Don't do it to much, for it causes vericous veins in your legs. I read that somewere. Daviolin
    Actually, varicose veins are generally hereditary or related to being seriously overweight, diabetic, or pregnant. But you're right about moderation; change positions often. I have to confess that I don't understand how some here can't cross their legs (my guess would be legs that are too thick), or why others see it as an inappropriately femmy thing. Ever watched the men in suits on talk tv shows? I find the typical male habit of splaying the knees outward (or parking one ankle atop the other knee) to be more or less repulsive and an expression of an unconscious desire to occupy and dominate physical space.

The classic feminine position is actually with the ankles crossed to one side.
    Last edited by Acastina; 10-15-2012 at 12:59 PM.

I remember watching "A League of Their Own" In the scene when they are at the etiquet school, the woman instructing them has them cross their ancles and put their knees together. This is what I've tried to emulate.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

I can cross my right leg over my left with no problems, in fact it's my natural sitting position. But oddly enough I can't cross my left leg over my right without major discomfort.

I used to never be able to cross my legs like a lady and it wasn't my muscles, it was my thighs where too big. Now that I've lost weight and go to the gym my legs cross nicely. But that's just me.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

I can cross my legs easily and always did so quite naturally, until my favourite woman colleague told me last year that sitting like that exascerbated back problems, so I stopped. And to give her credit, I've had a lot less trouble with my back since.
    When you see your ship go sailing...

"I'm not sure. But I'll never know unless I give it a shot."

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Losing weight helped me be able to cross at the knees with ease.
    Slimming down has helped me in this area as well.

When I was a teen I had to go to cotillion classes to learn how to be a "gentleman". In this class we were told that a man crosses his legs in the style we now think of as feminine. To do the other way was not polite and was not what a gentleman did. A lady was to cross her legs at the ankles only and bring them under her chair with the knees together. To do otherwise was not lady like. This was taught to us as the way a person of class would present themselves.

I remember when I was very young that many men crossed the legs the feminine way. It was accepted as normal.

I am glad I went to the classes now. They taught us ballroom dancing, how to use the proper forks and dishes, how to dress and how to appear as if you were learned in the social graces. I did pay attention to what he taught the young ladies while I was there too. In fact I wanted so bad to sit on their side of the classroom.

I've always been able to cross my legs but what I can't do is the parking one ankle atop the other knee like some men do as Acastina pointed out. If I try my upper leg just sticks up and won't go level.

I used to be able to cross my right knee over my left, but was never comfortable doing the opposite. After the knee injuries, I can't cross either knee over the other leg without tremendous pain. So I just sit with my knees together when I feel like being girly. It requires a conscious effort, though.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

You have to remember GG's learned to cross their legs from the time they was little girls?

Silver Member
    Saffron that second pic is exactly how the young lady in the salon was sitting and she looked so feminine! As other have said, guys can and do sit crosslegged but if you wish to sit in a most feminine way theknees togeether claves at an angle is it! Thanks for get picutres!

I normally sit with my legs crossed half the time.

Silver Member
    One important thing to remember is that not all GGs can cross their legs either. You just do what they do, cross at the ankles, or sit with your knees together when your legs are under a table.

I've got to agree that being in shape helps with leg crossing. I've just lost 30lb and I'm now a uk size 14 And here I sit in a skirt and heels legs crossed. bliss!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    I used to be able to but now with a hip problem it's not possible anymore. Now I just cross my ankles when I sit.
    That works and your pose in your avitar is very feminine.

[SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda