Thread: unconventional methods that work

unconventional methods that work

I was thinking about this today and thought I would post it. OK, so we all have to get ready for work or even a casual outing of sorts and we are running late or we do it because it saves us money. Like blow drying my hair... I don't blow dry, I air dry on the way to work. I keep my windows open and let the air rush through my hair while at stop lights using my heater to heat it up a little to style it a little better. I bring a spray bottle with me to moisturize ot if it has gotten to dry. On the way into work is when I brush my hair and put on a headband or something to complete the look. It could even be how we pin a certain outfit to give it that certain unique flair that we haven't thought of before.

Angela

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Keep your eyes on the road get ready at home.
    If you are always late maybe you need to get up earlier so you don't have to rush.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Keep your eyes on the road get ready at home.
    If you are always late maybe you need to get up earlier so you don't have to rush.
    Sorry kristen, I have to agree with Tracii fully on this. This thread sounds a lot like your thread where you got pulled over and such. You really should get up a bit earlier to take your time getting ready and having plenty of time to get where ever it is your going. safety first
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Your method would just make my hair look like I drove to work with the windows down.

Not a good look for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Hello Kristen

I agree with Tracii and Miss Joanne that this method raises serious safety issues for other motorists, pedestrians, etc. as well as you. Please don't allow anything to distract you from driving.

If a police officer catches you doing this, you may be charged with careless driving.

I would buy a sports car and drive with the top down.
    Instant afro.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

OK, I am on time every day... with the exception of being pulled over. That was the first time in four years I have been pulled over and the other ticket I got I was going 8 over the speed limit following a truck who was doing 15 and the officer told me tough luck I caught you. 90 is not my normal speed on the freeway; my normal speed is 65, but with construction I go the speed limit which is 55 until the construction is all over with. I brush my hair only at stop lights and the rest of the time I'm drying my hair with my windows down or with my heater while I'm at a stop light. Driving and brushing your hair is stupid and unsafe as well as texting and watching videos on your phone as I have seen some people doing going down the road. Trying to watch a damn movie while driving and I have honked long and hard at those doing that. I told you my speeding story because to me it was an extrodinary event in my life and I learned a valuable lesson from it and if I had not learned any kind of lesson from it I would have never posted it. I didn't post it to boast that I got away with speeding, I didn't post it to brag about being pulled over, I didn't post it to show off in any way, I didn't post it because I think I'm better than anyone because I got away with a warning, I didn't post it to shove it in your face. I posted it because It was an interesting story, I posted it to help others understand the importance of driving safe. With all of you attacking me on my driving and "Not watching the road" have got it wrong because I never said I stopped watching the road, I never said I brushed my hair while driving. I don't own a hair dryer, which made me think of what others might actually do unconventionally as far as maybe drying their hair for starters. Do you use the booty pop panties for something other than to make your booty pop and how does it work and how did you think of that? I wrote down my hair drying because that's what made me think of the thread. My hair drying while I'm driving to work. Almost ever GG I have spoken with on drying their hair say they use a blow dryer when they can, but when they can't they do what I do, air dry it with the windows down. I don't do this because I'm late to work, I do it because I don't own a hair dryer and that's it. I own nothing that will dry my hair for me and because of that I dry my hair in my car while driving down the road with my windows open. Thanks for killing the mood for me as I was trying to relate some fun and exciting stories that people might relate to and actually read and comment on and maybe give some of their own experiences even if they aren't the same. So now everyone is instantly going to shove that story in my face every time I write a post? I would hope not, but then again people are people.

Angela

Kristen,
    I think a couple have missed the point here but I can see the funny side.
    We are all caught doing silly things at times and whilst some may be damn stupid, we can laugh at them as long as we learn.
    I don't think your original post broke laws or was even dangerous, but it does go along with the imagination girls dream up to save time on the way to work and I found it humorous.
    Open the windows and turn on the heater to blow dry your hair. Quite safe as long as you watch the road.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Another unconventional yet practical use of your "Cell Phone" LoL!! Ok, so I don't have a light to work with when doing my nails either painting them or putting on fake nails. Now having a brighter light to work with so that you can see what you are working with is always nice. So, instead of going and getting a brighter lamp and sticking it by my bedside I use my cell phone. I went to the app store and downloaded a flashlight application that allows me to use my LED light on my cell as a flashlight. I thought one day that it would be awesome if I could somehome use it to do my nails and then CLLICK on goes the light bulb. I go to walmart and I pick up a folder, a pet roller refill because of the sticky sheets on it that you can tear off and a bucket to stick by my bed. I use this on the bucket or on the table depending where I am in my room or upstairs at the table. If I'm using the bucket I use the folder, pet hair roller refill and my cell; I sit down and first turn on my flashlight on my cell and then I take the roller and I slap it on to my cell, which when you take it off does not leave any sticky residue either. Then I place it on the folder standing up as I wait for it to adhere to the folder well enough to not move when I am doing my nails. Now I have my own little nail area and it helps me to see my nails better and allows for better application of nail polish and helps me to get my nails on straighter!!

Angela

Putting make-up on in the car or using the heater to dry ones hair is by no means anything new. I have witnessed this my entire life. We all do things that distract our attention from the road. We all know we shouldn't but then we still do it....be safe out there and just take ur time at home getting ready....you will b more relaxed while on the road.

Joanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be who you are...not who you think I want you to be

Why did the cop get you and not the truck? Have you ever gone fishing? Did you ever catch them all?

It's very disappointing sometimes when we hope to share some fun conversation with others, but they get the wrong impression and take the topic in a direction that we don't enjoy. It can make us feel more alone and lonely.

From my perspective the early repliers didn't seem to mean to be critical, but just wanted to show concern for your safety and that of other CDs. Others may have other perspectives different from mine and yours. You're free to consider any perspective you want to consider, and I hope you and all of us find value and upliftment in one or more of the perspectives discussed.

Maybe kind of like a box of chocolates.

(P.S., are we having an unconventional method of conversation that works, or what's happening?)
    Last edited by LelaK; 10-25-2012 at 02:53 PM.

Kristen,

I wouldn't worry too much about what others say about your driving. The one thing I learned when managing the IT for several area PD's was that everyone driving on the road can be pulled over for doing something wrong. I mean everyone, not just a high percentage, but 100%. Patrolman have their pick of the litter and even the safest driver can be pulled over for doing something wrong. So, honestly, no one is in a position to judge anyone on traffic safety (except maybe a judge).

I have driven with people who do nothing but focus on driving are more careless than driving with someone putting on mascara.

With that said, before coming out, my car was my changing room. I did full make overs in my car, mostly while it was parked but at times while I was driving. I can tell you some stories of the stupid things I have done while driving, but perhaps that is another thread.

Now that I am out I dress at home and give myself enough time to properly look my best. The only thing I do in the car is my lip gloss and even that usually when I just parked or at a long light. If my hair was air dried like you described I would look like Roseanne Roseannadanna.
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.