Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High School Class Reunions??? Anyone gone "dressed"??

High School Class Reunions??? Anyone gone "dressed"??

I was wondering if anyone has been out long enough to be comfortable going dressed to their HS reunion? I, for one, have been dressing since before HS but not out to any of them. I'm sure that some of you were out partially during HS and was just wondering about the HS reunions and if anyone had gone or are planning to go dressed.

I know some here have mentioned in the past going to their reunion en femme. I finally went to my 45th a couple of years ago. I didn't go en femme, however. I had to tone my dancing down as it was. Plus many of the gals thought I looked kind of dapper in guy mode.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I have never been to one of my high school reunions. I wouldn't go dressed, though.

There was an episode of the TV show WKRP in Cincinatti where Herb (the womanizer) got a letter from his old high school best friend to say he was coming to town and wanted to see him again. When the friend showed up, he (she) had had a sex change operation and was a very hot blonde. Herb didn't recognize her and began hitting on her, then she told him who he used to be in school. Pretty funny.

So you're going to your HS reunion with a name tag "Bruce" (or "Joe" or whatever)? That would be interesting.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I've never been to any of my class reunions. I'm from the midwest and moved away many years ago, never looking back. It would be fun to go in femme, if nothing else, to see if I look better than some of the girls that were hot in school and not so hot now. LOL

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    There was an episode of the TV show WKRP in Cincinatti where Herb (the womanizer) got a letter from his old high school best friend to say he was coming to town and wanted to see him again. When the friend showed up, he (she) had had a sex change operation and was a very hot blonde.
    There was a similar episode on "Becker", when one of John's old buddies showed up as a she after a sex change. It was funny but very poignant.

Veronica

Christina Horton did a couple years ago.... http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...hlight=reunion

I see her on facebook...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Aspiring Member
    Several years ago I went to my 40th HS reunion. After graduation I moved 300 miles away and never lived there again. I wasn't social at all back then but I did play on the football team. And my hair was always buzzed. I haven't been to a barber shop since 1973; always getting my thick wavy hair cut and styled in salons. I attended the reunion en drab but I have changed. I am TS but I didn't come out to anyone. Many of my classmates told me that I had changed the most of everyone there. I'm not sure if it was my looks or how I acted that they noticed the most. I was just being myself. Leanne

Banned Read only
    I have never gone to my high school reunions. I didn't like those people then and I sure as hell wouldn't like them now. They were rich, conceited, selfish people. I didn't lose anything there no need to go back looking for anything now.

As no one knew of my habits beforehand I would not go dressed as I would want to create an impression of success.
    Dressing would draw unwanted attention and probably have people shun me.
    Reunions are things that people find hard to relate to each other anyway, so why spoil it in this instance.
    If you were out before you are not changing anyone's perception of you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

More fun would be to find out if a classmate you didn't like in HS is going and if he is not, go to the reunion dressed, but tell everyone you are him.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I would love to go to my reunion dressed. That is if I ever wanted to go to my reunion.
    I didn't want to associate with most of them when I was in school...and I surely don't want to now.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Funny you should ask. No I haven't but I plan on it. My wife agreed to go with me in drag. How cool is that. I will keep you posted. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Went to my 40th and had a blast.
    I was my usual mix of clothes.Womens jeans (boot cut) and boots/ 2 in heels womens button up shirt a couple of bangle bracelets.
    Nobody seemed too freaked out about it.
    I think its important to go to these reunions and keep in touch with people from your past.
    Its always good to remember the good times.

I realise its an america tradition thats only just crossed to our shores but after the hell my school chums gave me the entire 5 years i was bullied ,made fun off or just plain avoided by the girls i sure as hell wouldnt want to see any of them ever again .

Earlier this year I was invited to my 8th grade grammar school 50th reunion, I was tempted to go as "ArleneRaquel", but I declined to attend in either mode.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 10-15-2012 at 01:27 PM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Aspiring Member
    Been there, done that. I lived full-time for nearly eight years in the 1980s and have never missed a class reunion. I pretty much loathed the high school years but was born and raised in what was a fairly small town in which our class was the last in both the beautiful old school building and in being the entire cohort of that age to be in one graduating class (we gained a second high school the following year). There were more than 600 of us.

When our 20-year reunion came along during those years, I just put on my best look for the circumstances and walked in like I belonged there. The reactions ran the gamut from OMG to fascination, and it was fine. I had been just fortunate enough to be allowed to tag along with the popular crowd in school and wasn't really an outcast. Several guy friends bought me drinks, looked up and down, and smiled. I even got invited to an after-hours party and talked deep into the morning with a lot of people.

Follow-up: I decided to end the full-time experiment a few years later, and, when the 25-year event came around, actually was prominent in presenting the program as one of the M/Cs and played in a reunion band. We presented a mock Oscar to a classmate who has had some success as an actor in films and tv, and I was one of the nominees, for "Queen for a Day". Brought the house down. Nothing feels quite as good as laughing at yourself with others; nice lemonade from potential lemons.

Five years later, I had met the love of my life (through TG contacts, so she knew about me from the beginning), and we decided to have a little fun with my old classmates. Living a few minutes from the hall, we left after dinner and changed clothes. I came back in all dolled up while they were giving out little awards, in full view, and they promptly gave me an award for Most Frequently Changed Classmate; a little bracelet that I cherish. I walked up behind a somewhat uptight but good friend at the bar (already several sheets to the wind...) and said, "Hi Sailor, new in town?" and he about fell over. We danced and chatted and shared fashion comments (one said I had looked like a nun in denial at the earlier event...), but I did have to ask the young DJ to climb the ladder and take down the mirror ball I'd hung overhead earlier. He said I probably just didn't want folks looking up my skirt. Yep.

Seriously, I'm sorry so many here haven't gone to reunions and have no desire to do so. Maybe I came from a really special time and place to be so lucky. I just love being able to see so many of these childhood fellow-travelers (whether friends or just some other kids in class) at all those stages of life. Many among our large cohort don't have the option of attending; they've passed on.

Oh How funny, I was just about to start a thread on this when I decided to search first.

I have a question, what name should I use. If I use my old name they may not let me in as my ID has been changed. If I use my new name they may not recognize it as someone from that class.

Thoughts?
    - AF

Look girl, act girl, feel girl ... be girl.

Just a girl on a trip cyndigurl45's Avatar
    When I went to my 10 year I wasn't full time, I think a few were amost expecting me to be his wimpy little feminine gay boy that I was in high school, I had been in my denial stage and had bulked up quite a bit only a few recognized me, but when I showed up to my 20th a lot of peoples comments were now there's the girl we remember ;-) I actually took that as a complement..... 2 years ago we had our 30th, OMG 30 years after high school never thought I would make it LOL again no one was surprised.

HIGH SCHOOL ,,,Yall went to high school ? How many Dam grades did your school offer ? Geez ,,, Alway thought there were only 8 ,,, WTF !!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I have considered it. I think my 40th is coming in a year and a half. But considering I have not been invited to any since the 10th, it may be moot. i thought about going the first night as a guy and then showing up the next as me. But when I mentioned that to someone they said that would be backwards. So, we will see. I went to my 25th Vet school reunion with my clothes but chickened out. However i did go back and change for the trip home.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Platinum Member
    Hi Daryl, I just passed up my 50th I don't want to party with a bunch of old people.

Like Jorja said, I didn't care for them back then and I don't care for them now.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Yes, this is really me! shayleetv's Avatar
    In a bedroom community outside Salt Lake City, Utah.
    I finally broke down and went to my fiftieth reunion a couple of years ago. I was a nobody in high school and was a nobody at the reunion. Only one person recognized me and that was someone I knew from church. I didn't even know we had gone to the same high school let alone graduate together. If I would have gone enfemme no one would have known me at all.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your troubles, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

There was an episode of "Hung" where a tg went to her reunion to show em she was hot. The men figured out who she was and the abuse began. It didn't go good for her.

I have never been to any of mine nor do I have any plans to attend any.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abigailf View Post
    I have a question, what name should I use. If I use my old name they may not let me in as my ID has been changed. If I use my new name they may not recognize it as someone from that class.

Thoughts?
    When I went to the one when I was full-time, I was still using my real last name, so I put my new name, then old first name in parentheses, then the last name. A few people did the close look and double-take, and it was fine. Just be straight with the organizers ahead of time.

If you've been to reunions in your older years, you're probably aware of the look-down-at-name-tag-squint-look-up procedure, trying to read the small print in poor lighting (after a few drinks...) and see who it is you're supposed to remember. I was the entertainment at the last one (singer-songwriter) and made a blow-up of the name tag from the pre-party the night before, on 8-1/2 x 11 paper, as a sight gag. Reeaal easy to read from, say, 20 paces...