Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your First Purchase

My first purchase was black lace top stockings and suspender belt, i remember young shop assistant asking if i would like the matching bra, to which i said yes please, it was then i was put on the spot when she asked me what size my GF was, i went red with embarrassment and said im not sure and i left with only the stockings and suspenders lol.

Banned Read only
    It would have been in 1972 when my wife and I went shopping together for a nightgown for me. I cannot remember if the first purchase was a pink peignoir or a black floor length gown. I still have the pink peignoir. I think the black gown was outgrown. Both were purchased in mid-town Manhattan. Soon thereafter my wife gave me one of her red peignoir which was not soft enough for her-too scratchy. I concurred and it was tossed.

Hi, I remember my first purchases about 25 years ago. A Bra, panties, suspenders and stockings. OMG, I felt so nervous. SA's must have special training to reccognise us and to treat us gently.
    I love the feeling of being dressed.
    I have a dream of true equality - including clothes and make up.
    Hugs Joanne.

I brought 2 things at pretty much the same time - A white satin slip from Debenhams on Oxford Street in London - I still have it and a elastic waisted hippy skirt from a small shop on the corner of Oxford Street and Totenham Court Road, the seller was very keen on telling me that one size fits all, I thought at the time he was referring to me - I think he was probably just persuading me to buy it for whoever and stop dithering and cluttering up his shop!

This was the early 90s.

Carbon-based Member eileendover's Avatar
    Right after I got my drivers license (age 16), I drove to a nearby Sears. I had a "note from my sister" to buy my first pair of pantyhose.

Fishnet tights from Walmart a couple of years ago. My wife, who up to that point had been always been my shopper (to her enjoyment, as far as she tells me) was laid up after knee surgery. While I did want them to wear, I think that even more I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it!
    tammysmiles

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I really don't remember.LOL

Banned Read only
    My first purchases were 3 pairs of panties, and fishnet hose, somewhere around 1979.

Short Denim skirt from a charity shop in my city ! I have never looked back

When I was 14yrs on I bought a Berli Sarong Highwaisted OBG girdle and a pair of stockings with my first pay at my first job I went straight into a change room and put them on That was in 1955

I believe it was a pair of mid-heel pumps at the local Target store. Or, around the same time, it might have been a long black nylon nightgown at K-Mart. That would have been 1976 or so.

Not long after, the first time I asked an SA for assistance was when I bought a long black skirt and a white top that were being sold as a set at Bergner's (a midwestern mid-range department store chain). I didn't try them on in the store, but did hold them up to myself to check the sizes, which really amounted to the same thing as far as outing myself to the SA. Fortunately, they fit fine, and I wore those for several years.

- Diane

The first purchase I made was a black skirt with dotted with a few small sparkly things about 3 and a half months ago. I bought it at hot topic. I tried on a leopard print skirt, a blue/black plaid skirt, and the black one. I regularly shopped there for male clothes and kinda knew the SA that helped me, and she was really polite and helpful. Later on that week, I found out a guy I went to school with 5 years ago worked there and was also a cd.

Mine was in 1982 from Fredericks, a black nylon unitard, black thigh hose and garter belt. I go to the very same store to this day and even belong to their email subscription which I find to be very nice...because they usually will offer a free pair of panties (just show the email on my phone to them) or other savings or sales exclusive to smartphone users. The SA's are used to CD's and are very helpful. I've tried on many items and have received their oppinions on the items. Sometimes I get a sideways glance from other customers but they don't matter anyway. I'm not there for them. Sad to say, but I've never got the same reception in Victoria Secrets.
    Preference = Personal Perfection
    Sindee: Naughty by nature, Nice by choice.

I am assuming you mean in person and not online. Mine was pantyhose at Sears 2 years ago in March. I was ok until the clerk asked me if I wanted the coupons that spit out of the register at the end of the sale. Something I had not thought about before hand.

Avi

My first in person purchase was in 2010 and was a ladybug costume that I wore for Halloween that year. But actually clothes were from a second hand store and I bought a pair of leggings, ugg boots, a skirt, a red top to match, and a dress! I've gone back to that store many times with the intentions of buying more but I just can't seem to get a time when they're not really busy.

Great post!

I was 18, and it was around Halloween so I went to a costume store and bought my first wig, shockingly it wasn't very good . I was so excited to have a wig. I was very nervous buying it, it was busy but I just grabbed one that I thought I liked and headed to the cash. Once I got home, I immediately tried it on. I was so pumped but the experience that later that night, I took a late night trip to a local department store and decided to buy a pair of heels. I was so nervous when I got there, I was looking for something like a black high heel. It wasn't very busy, and I made sure I didn't recognize anyone around. I walked up and down the woman's shoe aisle for five minutes the I saw a nice pair. I wasn't sure my size so I grabbed a shoe then held it up to my shoe and it was too small. Then finally I found something close to my size, just then a woman in her 30's turned down my aisle just as I was boxing up my shoes, I turned quickly and dropped the shoes right in front of her she actually helped me pick up one of the shoes and she said, " oh those are cute" then she handed me the shoes. I said they weren't for me, she smiled at me and I took off I managed to buy them and made it home without any further incidences. It was so scared but what a rush

My first purchase was 2 lovely garterbelts and black silk stockings....with the seams! This was back in 1980 at a Frederick's of Hollywood store. I still have one of the garter belts!

I was 17 and scared to death, but the opportunity to finally wear a garter belt helped me overcome my fears. I had, up until that point, been wearing panty hose and the occasional girdle with garters.

Thinking about it has me smiling!!

Sadly all mine, including my first have been online. But do I get some credit for picking them up at the store at least? Haha. Regardless, first purchase were these adorable 3 inch black leather wedges, nude stockings, and dress from Nordstrom. Went to pick them up and the dress was out of stock But wasn't a total bust because when I put the stockings and shoes on it was almost like being high. And in terms of in person, I've thought of every "excuse" listed here, from my sister even to having a note from somebody but still can't bring myself to go do it. It's like I can't shake the fact that "I know they're for me, so the SA's will DEFINITELY know they're for me." Maybe all in due time as I get more comfortable.

My first purchase was pantyhose stw leggs remember it well. It has taken off from there.

Aspiring Member
    My first was via mail. I was living in another city than my fiance'/now wife. I got a mailer with an offer for pantyhose and I filled it in, mailed the check and waited( this was in 1978) The panty hose arrived in my apartment mailbox the day I had a guy friend visiting. I pushed the package back in the box and waited until he left to retrieve it.
    The first in person I remember was around 1982 when I purchased white panties, bra, camisole, garters and suntan hose in a department store saying they were for my wife for our our anniversary present. I still have those items (well except for the hose...) and still fit in them!
    Michellecd9999

First that I can remember was a pair of knee high leather boots from The Wild Pair. I was so scared but, I walked right up to the clerk and asked for them in size 10.
    I still miss them ....
    Connie

The best I can remember my first purchase was from Walmart and it was 2 shirts, one was a AC/DC and the other was KISS, they were black with the lettering in rhinestones.

i was 18 couple of shirts from wally world................. all the wrong size!!

My first actual purchase was a real wig. I had been experimenting with a Halloween wig that I purchased for a costume, long curly black hair, looked pretty bad but it gave me some ideas......I started looking online for a wig. I ordered one from Voguewigs and I was so excited to actually try it on. I was shocked and thought I looked really good when I got it styled and put some lipstick on . That's how it all started for me about 3 years ago. My first clothing purchase was a pair of 4" heels from the Lovers shoppe. It was the only place I felt comfortable at that time buying heels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[SIZE="3"]Lauren[/SIZE]

Can't remember exactly, but bought several half slips and camisoles in the 70's.