Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your First Purchase

Banned Read only

Your First Purchase

Hi,

I'd like to know if anyone can remember the very first purchase of women's clothing and when it was?

I can and mine was a beautiful burgundy/black lace set (panties,bra and matching garter belt) and a light blue teddy with white ruffle lace, all back around 1980 the age of 16 or so that I ordered from
    Sears catalog! I took a risk as they called me at my parent's home when it arrived in shop! The things we do lol!

Hugs Victoria xoxo

oohhh, my first purchase was at Target. I wandered the junior section for hours... cuz i just needed something!!! Finally, i picked a thong leotard (black). Course i got to thinking... If i was gonna buy the leotard. i needed tights too. Course then i got home and even though i loved wearing it. i learnbed i do not like thogs!! lmao

My first was a black bra at a K-mart back in 1969!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

Jockey For Her panties. Bought them in person in male mode. Scared to death. I guess the Gender Gestapo had the day off since I got away with it!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Leggs Silky Opaque Tights Blue Size B, purchased from CVS in the early 90's, and I remember nearly having a heart attack while standing in line and placing them on the counter. I still have this pair as a memento/keepsake/trophy/badge of honor.
    Last edited by Jocelyn Quivers; 10-16-2012 at 11:39 AM.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I was ten and I wanted a dress for my "sister", I explained that she was the same size as me.
    A couple of kindly old ladies I guess they were at least twenty five years old, talked me into trying a couple of dresses on.
    A couple more questions, is she older than you? yes 13 well we will put these on to pad you out.
    An hour or two later after helping them play dressup on me, I had bought my "sister" a dress.
    About a month later I bought a bra and panties after they suggested I could buy these for my "sister" as a birthday present.
    I think my "sister" had three birthdays that year.
    The best thing is, "They never knew". Did they?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hmmm hard to remember. I think it was a lavender leather skirt from the thrift store. Only $3

I was living in Spain as a teenager. Often went to London. Without much forethought, I walked around Harrod's and picked out a pleated skirt, some sleeveless tops, and a shopping basket full of underthings. No one batted an eyelash, but I think that was typical British stiff upper lip. I think I was 15. I still had no shoes or hose, but I was in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    My first was a black bra at a K-mart back in 1969!
    Yeah! In 69 when I was 17... my girlfriend asked me to stop by the store and pick her up some pantyhose for our date that night... so I bought two pair.... one for her and one for me!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

My first purchase, other than hose and cosmetics,must have included shorts, top & bra because the first times that I went out of the house enfemme I was wearing those items, plus shoes. This was circa 1968.
    Last edited by ArleneRaquel; 10-16-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I was ten and I wanted a dress for my "sister", I explained that she was the same size as me.
    A couple of kindly old ladies I guess they were at least twenty five years old, talked me into trying a couple of dresses on.
    A couple more questions, is she older than you? yes 13 well we will put these on to pad you out.
    An hour or two later after helping them play dressup on me, I had bought my "sister" a dress.
    About a month later I bought a bra and panties after they suggested I could buy these for my "sister" as a birthday present.
    I think my "sister" had three birthdays that year.
    The best thing is, "They never knew". Did they?
    Lol, The things we thought wed got away with unnoticed hey! My first item was some wet look black leggens about a week ago, i wanted some lingerie but slightly embarrassed maybe next time...

Yes, I remember exactly, it was a bra. Previously my wife/GF had bought things for me, for most purchases we were together in the store. In about 1984, there was a lingerie store near where I was working. I had walked by many times and looked in. Finally one day I got up the courage and walked in to look around. The SA came over and want to help, so I explained that I wanted a bra, but had no idea what size to wear. Another SA came out and the two ladies picked out a couple for me and said they wouldn't let me leave until I tried them on, so that they were sure I had the right size. I took off my shirt and they helped me try them on! I picked out and purchased a Bali Sky. Almost thirty years ago and I remember that day like it was yesterday.

Early '80s, a matching fushia bra & panty set at Sears.

It was a a pair of white tights from Zellers about 1981 and a week later a black dress from Sears.
    The sales lady at Sears asked for a price check (yes on speaker) she said it was supposed to be on sale
    I turned 20 shades of red,ahhh the good old days
    There is nothing wrong with crossdressing but there is a great deal wrong with society.

I was eighteen and on my way to work in a different city. I stopped at a Ben Franklin in a city betwen mine and where I worked. Sat in my car for awhile and finally got up the nerve to go inside. I milled around a bit and wound up at the intimate apparel counterrs. I looked, saw what I liked and picked out a bra and panty girdle (not knowing my size but as it turned out I made a pretty good guess). When I first went in there was very few people in the store. Of course by the time I got to the checkout it seemed like everyone in town was there. Too late to backout now. Two women waited on me. I told them i was embarrassed about what I was buying and that my mother sent me to get these items. They 'reassured' me that everything was ok and not to feel bad. I then went to the city I worked in and went to five different stores to purchase nylons, a slip, a skirt, a blouse and finally and the thing that scared me the most, a pair of white, plain nylon panties. I was waited on by three women at that store and they all kind of gathered around me and asked me a bunch of questions. They all had these big S___ eating grins on their faces. (Think they suspected anything?)

Then I went to work and put in the longest night of work I ever put in. Couldn't wait to try everything on. Finally was able to leave and found a nice quiet place in the country where I could finally 'dress up'.

That was August of 1966. And it wasn't my last shopping trip of the season.

I went to Victoria's Secret for the first time in 1986 with my girl friend. I thought that I was in heaven. The next day I back and bought a bra, panty, garter belt and stocking set in a cream color. I was so "high" after buying it I thought that I was going to pass out right there in the mall. I wish I still had that set.
    Marsha

I'm going to answer twice, just in case
    First time- Not sure if this counts as it wasn't for me. I went to the Winter Formal at my school, which was an all guys Catholic school (good education, but I'm not Catholic). I took an inflatable date with me to the prom, but I made sure that she was just as classy as any of the other girls there, so I bought it all- Black satin bikini style underwear, black knee-length dress, costume jewelry. Oddly enough I was totally confident in buying all of this stuff, because I knew it was just for a joke. Confidence is contrary to my normal response to buying fem products. Long story short, I wasn't able to enjoy the gag for more than 5 minutes before she was confiscated and I was forced to dance the slow dances all alone.

First time for me- I bought some black leather 3" heels from a Burlington Coat Factory that were mislabeled and were actually 3 sizes smaller than they purported to be. I was so nervous about buying them that I didn't check the size before I ran out of the store (after purchasing them of course). I had to return them the next day and I did so en femme, which was my first time out.

My first purchase was a pair of pantyhose, this spring, followed quickly by a pleated skirt. I was in drab, so they were purchased quickly, but I've since been able to slow down, a little bit.

Not clothin, as such, mascara! I plucked up the courage when I was in early teens. Then was soooo disappointed when it was brown rather than black! Cx

Fantastic thread! Loved reading about everyone's experiences... Cx
    Last edited by Eryn; 11-25-2012 at 11:54 PM. Reason: Merged consecutive posts. Please us the edit button rather than multi-posting

Former Member
    A red leather mini skirt, a black sweater and red high heel pumps back in the early '80's. I believe I still have the skirt. Wonder if it still fits???........hmmmmm.

Silver Member
    A pair of black stilleto heels at Payless.

My wife actually prompted me to buy them. She knew I liked her in heels, we discussed it one day when she was shopping, and she wanted me to experience what it would be like to wear a pair. I went to Payless and got up enough nerve to buy a pair a pair. I nervously held to shoe box all the way home and tried them on at home in front of her. We both immediately knew that I totally enjoyed them. We discussed my feelings further, and she suggested nylons, then underwear, then lipstick, then.....

My first purchase were black pantyhose and panties. I wore them under my jeans. Soon after that I bought my first sandals with high heels, but I only wore them at home when I was home alone.

MY first purchase was stockings and tap pants from a small lingere stop. Must have walked by store hundered times inorder to make sure no one else was in there. and for some reason also had to tell the sales assistant it was all for me. she just trated me like any other customer.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    This took me a while to figure out, but I think my first purchase was breastforms and a bra to put them in! After trying on my wife's dresses it became clear that I didn't have enough on top so before we moved forward I needed that.

I've not mentioned the heels and stockings I bought before Tina existed and were the centerpiece of the outfit that brought Tina to life.

Red face

MY first purchase was from Sears.......it was a Black baby doll.
    I remember being ask by to lady's who worked in the intimate apparel Dept. who I buying it for and I said my mother
    I then ask for help they said what type of mother did I have......that would determine what I should buy well at that point I just grabbed one and left on my motorcycle.
    Last edited by Robinkay; 10-17-2012 at 12:10 AM.
    [SIZE="3"] Robin[/SIZE]