Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Your First Purchase

Banned Read only
    I have just returned from my local mall.I went into the womans store,it has been there for as long as i can remember,as a teen i went there(circa 1979).They had 50% off signs all over the store, half the store was empty,i asked "are you closing) the girl said "yes"

I bought a couple of tops,but memories flooded my head as i left,the years that have past like a flash of light,the path that i could have taken but did'nt.The doors that i should have walked through and the ones that are shut for me now.Maby it was the world being different back then, i don't know.I wished i could go back and start all over again.But time marches on i guess.

Oh,forgot to answer the question,my first purchase was a pair of Legg's suntan pantyhose size B or C i think ,they came in that really cool plastic egg back then.I was a little to nervous to buy panties with them so i went to a different store for them

My first purchase was of l'eggs knee highs, very safe. Next though was a pair of bikini panties called Kikis at Woolworth's, both at age 12. Quite a strange rush it was. That and all other Woolworth's are gone now of course. As is the JCPenney where I bought my first thigh high stockings and garter belt round about age 14.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaSue View Post
    My first purchase was of l'eggs knee highs, very safe. Next though was a pair of bikini panties called Kikis at Woolworth's, both at age 12. Quite a strange rush it was. That and all other Woolworth's are gone now of course. As is the JCPenney where I bought my first thigh high stockings and garter belt round about age 14.
    I must have been channeling LisaSue, because I hit the same two stores for my first purchases (albeit at older ages)! I bought a light blue cap-sleeved leotard at Woolworth's when I was about 15, and followed that up with tights and hose from JC Penney the following year.

my first purchase was a foot length black skirt that had slits on both sides that came up to the knee that set me back $.99. it was a polyester spandex blend and a very thin material that was easy to hide in a stone block that had its opening exposed on top.

my first acquisition was a red pencil skirt that i found at my grandmas house that i smuggled home wearing it around my chest and waist underneath my shirt. i still feel guilty about it

i no longer have either piece but i did enjoy wearing them every now and then
    skirts rule pants drool!!

Well around 14 years old I bought my first pair of panty hose.
    My heart was pounding so hard I could of passed out.
    Before that I took some pairs from the hot looking lady next store.

I had been borrowing panties from my mother and sister for years before I went to college for quick dressing then undressing and then in college, I wound up with a few pair of panties from girlfriends but my first real purchase was after I got a job and was living a bachelors life in a small apartment.

I had just recently acquired a Macy's credit card and in the statement one month, there was a small add for panties. I think the brand was Pam. They offered briefs and hipsters in some wonderful pastels. All I had to do was check the box for color, size and style. So I did and within days after mailing my payment, I got six pairs of lovely nylon panties in the mail. Needless to say, I got a lesson in sizing. At the time, I weighed maybe 140 lbs and size 7 was like a circus tent but they sure felt good.

My first purchase were some cheap tights (pantyhose) from the local store on the corner. I used to get tights and Immac (Veet) in my teens. If I think back on it the lady must have known, even helpfully telling me there were some other colours to choose from on another rack.

First item I ever wore I purchased for myself (bra & panty set) at age 58 or 59. Anybody know anyone else who didn't start until in their late 50's? Just curious!
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

My first purchases were a black gypsy skirt and a blue summer dress, along with a pair of patterned tights (hose).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I was ten and I wanted a dress for my "sister", I explained that she was the same size as me. A couple of kindly old ladies ....The best thing is, "They never knew". Did they?
    What a great story. My mind wants to believe that they did, or at least enjoyed helping you.

For me, the article is unremembered because I always approached this from the male who wanted to just try it on for a little while. It was usually ill-fitting. Then it was destroyed because of something that I heard in 12 years of Catholic upbringing.

It was red, I'm sure. A dress for my mother, about my size. She's very tall...and then the eternal 'offhand' remark watching for a facial response from the saleslady, "about my size."
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 01-04-2013 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Catholicism reared its omnipresent head again.

Reading through all these was fun.

The only purchases I've ever made for myself have been a couple pairs of pantyhose over the years. I would throw them in with a large order of groceries so they usually slipped past the disinterested box store checkout girl unnoticed. I always had a grocery list with me, ready to flash it and say "My wife sent me" if I got a look.

I think that if I ever purchase anything more daring than that, I will use the self-checkout at the local box store. There's an added level of security in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Carla4Guage View Post
    First item I ever wore I purchased for myself (bra & panty set) at age 58 or 59. Anybody know anyone else who didn't start until in their late 50's? Just curious!
    Me. I still wonder how much CD is me, when I read about so many girls who started as early teens. I have such trouble with commitments, even with this. Still, I'm convinced it makes me a better person. My relationship with the world as a male was always confrontational. Even my avatar is telling people what to do. Oye Vie. And I'm not Jewish.

I'm not sure if I can remember, I have been crossdressing since my earliest memories but could only actually go out and purchase something when I was 17 and could drive somewhere myself. I think it was a black jersey type dress, I may have even bought a cheap wig the same day. Strange how that first momentous occasion is not more clearer in my mind.

It's was late 1999, I had just graduated from High School, and had just gone through a horrible break up with my (then) girlfriend. I had been dressing mainly in lingerie at home, that was my mother's, and had experienced many difficulties with her and my dad noticing any and every time something of hers was "missing".
    So I went to the local Victoria's Secret, browsed around for a bit, until I found this black second skin satin Merrywidow/ bustier set on display. It had foam push up cups, spaghetti straps, it had a hidden hook & eye closure along the side, and a little black ribbon lace up back, and garters hanging from its hem. It was gorgeous and I had to have it. I ended up going home (after looking up the price), saved my money for a few weeks, and took my own measurements, so I would know what sizing to look for. I went back, and was praying they would have it in my size (which they did), found it again, and bought it with a pair of black lace top stockings, and two pairs of matching panties. (One a brief style, the other a thong). I loved that Merry Widow, but sadly outgrew it rather quickly.
    Katie.