Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Think Like A Woman Or Man?

Banned Read only

Do You Think Like A Woman Or Man?

Hi,
    having posted a number of threads and replied to others,I can see some traits in certain replies and comments.Some seem to be written by women and some by men.

I believe some of us think more like women while others retain our male thoughts and thought processes. When dressed I think like a woman all the time.
    Of course life often limits this and forces us to think as our biological gender more than some of us would like.

As I age I think much more like a woman,as I've been told I do by co-workers,relatives and friends. I know I am sensitive to my own and other's suffering,hate hostility,conflict and selfish ,inconsiderate people.I am mostly gentle and avid confrontation as much as I can.

My question therefore is ' Do you think more like a woman or man? or have a balance of both?"

Thought this would be interesting to see the results,

Thanks for your time,Hugs Vicki xoxo

As much as i would like to think i do not think like a man - I often disappoint some of my female friends because I do not think like a woman (I guess I am some where in between)

I'm against the idea that one thinks "like a woman" or thinks "like a man". The gendering of thought is probably what led society to be fractured and rigid in its perceptions in the first place. Either/or dualities keep us from realizing our full potential as people.

But then again, the female brain and male brain are physically and structurally different from the other, so maybe i'm just being naive.
    Last edited by May(be); 10-16-2012 at 08:55 AM.

I think like a man but since I've been dressing more (and around my wife), I am more kind and sensitive. I like it.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

According to my wife, even though she said there is a lot of woman inside of me, I think like a guy. Or to put it another way, a guy with a strong desire to dress as a woman.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

I quit thinking a long time ago! It just gets me in trouble!??????????
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I am somewhere in between. I still think like a guy in a lot of ways but am also more sensitive than most of my male friends. I also have several female friends that I am able to relate to which I find nice.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

I have always thought like me.
    I go down the street and admire female fashions on women and in stores.
    I do not look in men's shops or admire the male populace at all.
    I like seeing a good drag show or girl show but when I go with a bunch of women to see male strippers I fake the enjoyment to blend in.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I do not know how a woman thinks. None of us could. We try to think like a woman. But how do we really know.

Quote Originally Posted by janet54 View Post
    I do not know how a woman thinks. None of us could. We try to think like a woman. But how do we really know.
    Live with one for 35 years and you'll know.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by May(be) View Post
    I'm against the idea that one thinks "like a woman" or thinks "like a man". The gendering of thought is probably what led society to be fractured and rigid in its perceptions in the first place. Either/or dualities keep us from realizing our full potential as people.

But then again, the female brain and male brain are physically and structurally different from the other, so maybe i'm just being naive.
    I think this is a great point. Ultimately, even if I were thinking like a woman, how would I know how a woman thinks, and how is it different?

Communication, on the other hand, is a different issue. Lots of posts here are very verbose and are about "girly" topics, obviously. There are some writers who absolutely communicate like GG women I know. The verbosity, the descriptive adjectives and the details they notice are quite feminine in their structure and subjects.

Personally, I do know that sexually, I am not aroused by visual imagery like men. I love reading, hearing, talking and experiencing intimate things and stimulating my brain through the experience. Not that men don't do this, some do, but most don't (that I know of). My wife and I have talked about this since we met because she picked up on it right away. That suggests to us that my brain is wired differently than most generic males. Whether or not it's like a female's brain is unknown for sure.

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia Anne View Post
    I know the problem !!
    [SIZE="3"]Lots of love Gina X[/SIZE]

If you sit near the river for long enough eventually the bodies of your enemies will float by......Chinese Proverb
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
    I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are still missing !!
    People who think they know everything, are especially annoying to those of us who do

Since I'm not one.... I really don't know how women think..... I do know that I don't think like my wife.... I have no clue wtf she is thinking most of the time! lol.
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

There are two sets of neural pathways in my brain. They are intertwined and inter-connected. By virtue of this, my thinking is additive and much more than just a man or woman alone. I was previously fragmented but by hard work and dedication, essentially re-wired my brain to be the person I have become today. To answer your question, I think like both or neither depending on what the circumstance calls for. I am more or less my own person and independent.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Since I'm not one.... I really don't know how women think..... I do know that I don't think like my wife.... I have no clue wtf she is thinking most of the time! lol.
    Probably better you don't know! Same goes for me.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    The research my wife and I have read indicates that there are differences between the "average" organizational thought patterns of women and men. There is also the well-defined urge for men to "slay the dragon" which translates into modern life as "solve the problem and move on".

One of the items that led us to understand that I was transgendered (or bigendered) is that my organizational skills can adampt themselves to women or men supervisors that I had reporting to me.

The differences in my thinking have led us to understand which parts of my thought process belong to Tina and which don't. My wife has had conversations with both of my gendered selves to see if the same topics generate the same opinions/results. Interestingly enough, some topics did generate the same opinions, but others did not!

It seems to me very likely that all of us will have different opinions on this, parallel to the spectrum of opinions we have about our transgenderdness (if that is a word). It seems likely that those of us who have completely transitioned and live as women would much more likely be thought, by others, to think like and BE women. Those of us who live in two genders likely have parts of our thought, on some sort of sliding scale, that would classically be associated with women and part that would be associated with men.

This is really a fascinating part of being transgendered, and is probably the best documented and studied!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My two ex wives told me I was hard to argue with because I argued like a woman.I would remember times and dates and little things like they did.
    I never thought much about why I would do that but they both found it frustrating.
    I don't think I could ever truly think like a woman because I am not one.
    Women are very complex and wonderful, trying to understand them would ruin the fun.
    Put it this way it seems I relate better to women than most of my male friends do.
    I guess women think I'm gay and non threatening.IDK.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 10-16-2012 at 10:49 AM.

Banned Read only
    Like a man.

And having read Mars/Venus [twice], I would find life very difficult if my thoughts were along the lines of how MOST women think.

When one [and I have seen this in MOST women] allows their "feelings and emotions" to OFTEN overrule their logic or better judgement, it's a prime recipe for MISunderstanding. As in hearing what you WANT to hear. And in seeing what you WANT to see.

It's pretty obvious that many who participate here, think along these lines. Totally understandable really and quite illuminating at a Forum where many, even those that have no tempation at all to transition, seem to "like" their female self, better than their male self.

I'd be willing to bet that reading Mars/Venus could/might help many here with any "issues" they have with their SOs, CD related or in general.
    Last edited by Wildaboutheels; 10-16-2012 at 11:02 AM. Reason: last line added

It all depends on what I'm thinking about. lol

I spend a lot of time in the closet, because that's where my clothes are.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoria P View Post
    My question therefore is ' Do you think more like a woman or man? or have a balance of both?"
    Hi Victoria
    I believe Im getting better at balancing both, I enjoy being able to bouce from one to the other at times when either or is necessary. This way I don't feel restricted by either one

Thera

I don't know how woman think, but I do know that I don't think like most males that I know.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    Same here, especially when those thoughts come out of my mouth. Back to the original question male brain in this bod.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I think I'm pretty much in the middle but lean more to the male side than female. I've noticed a lot of the things that say, a male comedian is likely to point out about women in relationships apply to me far more than my girlfriend (things like perfect memory and hogging the bed) but overall I'm more male oriented, particularly with emotional issues.
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm reminded on a daily basis that I don't think properly or about the right things, ever. I have discussions with my wife and she can't understand why I don't respond like she would have in any situation. Even if I try to focus my thoughts on our loved ones, I'm unable to drag up the issues she is concerned over. Nope, I can't think like she does, even if I try. But then she can't think like me and occasionally I do get something right.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ArleneRaquel View Post
    I don't know how woman think, but I do know that I don't think like most males that I know.
    This ^^^ so much this ,i like to think i think like me but i have no idea what that is.