Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spent this Fall Day Enfemme!

Spent this Fall Day Enfemme!

Had a chance to dress up for a few hours and decided to enjoy the fall weather. I needed to run a few errands.

Started out with a trip to the post office to mail some things. Bought stamps inside from the automated system, then stood in the lobby to get the mail ready. No funny looks or anything.

The funny part was when I first pulled into the parking space in front of the post office. A guy was just getting into a pickup truck in the space next to me. I was waiting for him to leave before getting out of the car, but he didn't leave. He just kept looking over my way every few seconds. I think he was waiting for me to get out of the car so he could check me out!

Next I went to the local mega-grocery store to buy a few items. I've spent quite a bit of time in this store now with no problem, so it was very relaxed. Bought a dozen or so items and headed for the U-scan line. I find that grocery shopping is one of the most fun things to do while out enfemme. It's exciting because it forces you to be close to other people in a well lit environment.

Last I decided to take a walk downtown. I always dreamed about doing this while growing up. I've done it a few times now, but today was the most relaxed and fun. I felt like I was totally blending in and not attracting any attention.

Can't wait for next time!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great look. I don't think I could pass as well as you do. But I have never tried. Congrats on getting out. I will have some free time to myself tomorrow and Wednesday. I plan on working from home in something more comfortable.

New Member from Scotland paulinescotlandcd's Avatar
    You have a great casual look, no wonder no body bothered you

Hi Pat, It was a perfect day to go run errands around here. Your new hair looks great and so natural, even in broad daylight. That was an excellent choice you made!

We need to plan another night out on the town when you have an opportunity to do so.

Kim

Fantastic! There's nothing to beat it! and so what if anyone twigs you. To be honest you can never really tell if they fancy you or if they think you are ... (you know hwat I mean) - so you might as well assume that they fancy you! Cx

You look great, Tricia. A nice comfortable look for a fall day.

I wholeheartedly agree with you. It feels so much better to just be getting stamps, shopping for groceries, or taking a walk when you feel like your true self. Sometimes a man exiting the post office (or the mall; or the convenience store) will hold the door for you and you'll appreciate it even more than he realizes. Or, you just find yourself smiling because the sun is out and passersby smile back at you because you look nice.

Many of my posts involve those same types of activities and I always find it difficult to describe the feeling of "lightness" that comes with it. Be aware that the next problem that you may encounter is that you no longer want to run errands en drab. (A nice problem, though.)
    Susan

"Not sure who I am, yet. But, I'll let you know..."

You look great. Not to surprised noone bothered you though.

I adore your casual look.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Very nice look, what is not too like. Well done, nice story.

I really need to find a casual look... I'm so into thigh highs and short (er) skirts, that I sometimes forget that it is possible to be 'femme' in a casual way..
    I'm going to start thinking about this.. Luckily my SO 'approves' so she may be a GREAT help..
    Still need to get to DSW or Payless for the boots tho'.. Maybe 'casual' is the 'way to go'.. Hmmmm.m.m.m.......
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashley Lyn View Post
    I really need to find a casual look... I'm so into thigh highs and short (er) skirts, that I sometimes forget that it is possible to be 'femme' in a casual way..
    I'm going to start thinking about this.. Luckily my SO 'approves' so she may be a GREAT help..
    Still need to get to DSW or Payless for the boots tho'.. Maybe 'casual' is the 'way to go'.. Hmmmm.m.m.m.......
    Casual or at least age appropriate...I think with my 3" above knee skirt I am a bit skimpy but I have not noticed anyone eyeing me over it. I did go out in nursing scrub pants and a hoody. That definitely blended in ...a large hospital a few blocks away from where I was walking in the middle of the day.

I love to Dress & Drive + Errands. You look terrific.
    Mary

Tricia! You look so good. That wolf whistle you hear is me If I'm in drab and pass you in mid-southern Indiana. Your look is extremely believable. No wonder the guy stayed in the truck waiting to check you out. He was well rewarded.

...and yes! It is so very nice to realize, actualize, and experience the very blessed opportunity to express being yourself as you really are and go OUT into the world without being noticed as anything but the attractive woman that you represent. Kudos to you!!!

Awww you look Fab !

Aspiring Member
    You look great and picked you clothes to fit in perfectly. I did the same thing today - window shopping, browsing women's stores, buying some shoes, drug store, etc.

I find it just so uplifting and freeing to be out as my girl self. It just feels so great. I'm of a generation and family culture where the women just never leave the house with out some makeup. One advantage of being older. My wife always has some makeup and accessories-its a girl thing- isn't great?

I just can't wait when I can dress in my LBD and new shoes and do evening makup.

I'm glad you had the time today to enjoy being yourself Hon. The nicest part I noticed was that men still appreciate a good looking woman. Now that's validation. Enjoy your freedom Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Isn't it fun to get out and do everyday things en femme?!

You're right about the grocery store being a great place to go. I've only had one moment there that had me heading for the door. That was when I spotted the one person who works for me and his wife over in the produce section just as I was coming in. I figured that stop could wait!

Thanks everyone!

Thought I'd explain the guy in the pickup truck a little more... It was funny because I've done the exact same thing he was doing!

While I was pulling into the space he looked over at me as he was getting in the truck. I was like "oh crap" because he didn't leave right away. I had some stamps for my mail, but not enough. So while waiting for him to leave I started putting stamps on some of the envelopes. Occasionally I would glance over to see if he was leaving, but he kept glancing back toward me.

Finally I realized that he wasn't going to leave unless I got out of the car and walked by. I wasn't up for that. So I backed out of the space and drove down to the outside drive-by mailboxes. Before I even got to the mailboxes he backed out and left.

I had set there for a couple of minutes, so I am sure about what he was up to. I've done the same thing a million times! I've waited around a moment to see what kind of outfit or shoes the cute girl in the car was wearing. Today I got to be the cute girl, but he didn't get to see!

Tricia:

Great story and thanks for sharing it with the rest of us. It gives us all more confidence, and I'm thrilled things went well for you, as they usually do for me. Hugs,

Jamie

What a nice out-and-about success story. And thanks for the pics. Like some of the other members who commented, I am so stuck on skirts and heels that I don't have outfits for errands. Yours is a great starting point for a workable casual look.

Great casual look Tricia. Looking that nice, no wonder no one bothered you. Thanks for sharing the details!

you blend so well i hope i can muster the strength that you have to go out in public like you

Quote Originally Posted by paulinescotlandcd View Post
    You have a great casual look, no wonder no body bothered you
    Yes, that's what I would say. I think we've "grown up" as crossdressers when we can do it without the high heels, mini skirt and streetwalker makeup.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by aprilgirl View Post
    It was a perfect day to go run errands around here. Your new hair looks great and so natural, even in broad daylight. That was an excellent choice you made!

We need to plan another night out on the town when you have an opportunity to do so.

Kim
    Kim, thanks for the compliment on my new hairstyle. I feel really good about it. It would be nice to try on some more wigs to find something else, but I'm totally satisfied right now.

Can't wait to go out again with you and Molly. Had a great time! Let's do it again soon. Any ideas for someplace new?