Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For MTF's with accepting or at least tolerant SO's

I am fully 100% accepting. He has no rules and no boundaries. Rules seem to get overlooked and envelopes gets pushed so I have let go of all of that.
    Define "normal"

my wife is accepting of the fact that i do dress but doesn't want to see it or hear about so very much DADT she is ok with seein me wear panties around the house but isn't a real big fan of even that

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    It gets kinda depressing seeing marriage breakups and so much stress caused by CD/TG/TS partners. Obviously it's not our fault we do what we do.

I'm one of the lucky ones being TS but no plans for SRS which would be a deal breaker for us. Boundaries here are no dressing in our own town and keeping my TS status private. She shops with me, goes out with me and is fine with it so far.

So.. if your SO accepts or at least tolerates (DADT too) you dressing please post and let us know what is and isn't acceptable.
    Thanks!
    My wife accepts but it is a process that's "in the works". It started with me wearing a "moo-moo" around the house, progressed to a bra and panties, then blouses and skirts, then breast forms. A wig is expected today and padded panties tomorrow. There have been "intimate moments" with the bra and breast forms on.

So as of now, what isn't acceptable is pretty much the same as your situation. Keeping the crossdressing (I identify as a crossdresser, not a transexual) private and not being seen dressed by anyone.

Once the wig and pads arrive, there may be a trip out with her on or around Halloween, this is still in flux and would be to a nearby city, not around our neighborhood.

At this point, I don't want the drama of being out to friends or neighbors so as things progress (I hope), I'll still keep this private and away from friends and neighbors. I just wish I had a better way to get from the house to the car.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Forgot to mention that she also doesnt want me going outside with her enfemme. Like going to supermarkets ect. But thats ok for me, i kind of imposed that boundry on myself allready. Knowing the mentality in my town...its a big no no, plus...im not that confident of myself yet to let anyone see me in the place i live. Having said that, we allready talked about going to a CD-party (if thats the right term, a party). Something like that she would not mind at all.

My wife marginally participates but accepts this is ME and is not going anywhere. I go out in public regularly to various clubs and have fun. As long as she knows I am safe and not messing around, everything this OK.

Quote Originally Posted by melissakozak View Post
    My wife marginally participates but accepts this is ME and is not going anywhere. I go out in public regularly to various clubs and have fun. As long as she knows I am safe and not messing around, everything this OK.
    I would not feel right going out to clubs, bars, etc. to have fun and leaving my wife at home. At least not unless she was out of town or something. I spent a lot of time working in bars when I was younger so I know pretty well what goes on or at least why many people go to bars.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I cant remember how exactly I told my GF but she supports it. She tells me I should not care what people think of me. Clothes don't make the person. She wants me to be a man but she also wants a GF alot of the time. So whenever I dress she loves it. She misses Kim when I don't dress.

We've never had any problems when it comes to my dressing. Apart from the fact I have more clothes than her. And that she's a little bit jealous of my legs. I'm definately the stereotypical 'girly' one in the relationship. She might not like that I can walk in heels better too lols.

I would say there isn't really anything that's unacceptable. She loves me dressing and encourages it. I do feel for all of you who don't have such supportive partners
    Last edited by Kimberlyfaye; 10-17-2012 at 08:29 AM.
    I've always been the kind of girl that hid my face, so afraid to tell the world, what I've got to say. But I have this dream bright inside of me. No more hiding who I wanna be. This is me.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    It seems that a commonality throughout this thread is to know how and when to be the "man" for your mate. This in itself could lead to a whole new thread on how to get a balance so that both parties are happy. My wife has told me that once she saw that the clothes didn't really change who I was within my core, it was easier to accept that I was still me regardless of the clothes. I may dress feminine at times, but in reality I am still this guy that she loves. I still remember that her first concern was that I would be more feminine than her, which was why she had a hard time with my wearing a bra (the most feminine item) in the beginning. My wife was, is, and always will be my best friend, so it only makes sense that we would work, play, and shop together. Personally, I think that if CDing is handled properly, it can be very good for the relationship. Why, love makes itself open to the other, which promotes honesty in both parties. She can have a GF to go shopping with, whether you are dressed or not. I believe that most women want a deep relationship where they can share and do everything with their mate, but most men are not interested in going that deep. Cd'ers have a unique advantage over most men, we share many of the same interests that women do, we just have to use this to our advantage, and that fits in with figuring out the balance needed.
    Last edited by Gillian Gigs; 10-17-2012 at 09:58 AM.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Only two rules that I know of, I can live with both- I can never come out to her father. (We don't see him often anyway.) And no thin heels on the hardwood.

Platinum Member
    My wife is very accepting. I dress 5/7 days per week. She first introduced me to a neighbor, which was a big step towards coming out and going out. But thus far she has been reluctant to go out with me in public. I think we'll get there, but I'm not pushing it right now.

Nice to hear from the wives too!

Quote Originally Posted by WifeofWrenchette View Post
    I am fully 100% accepting. He has no rules and no boundaries. Rules seem to get overlooked and envelopes gets pushed so I have let go of all of that.
    Wrenchette is very lucky to have that type of freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    My husband can become Tara anytime he wants. We both know that I didn't marry a woman, so I wouldn't want Tara to be Tara 24/7 (he doesn't want to be Tara 24/7 either). There is a good balance that we have agreed upon, as he likes his masculine side, too. We both wish we lived a city that was LGBT friendly so Tara & I could go out to dinner or shopping. Just yesterday I saw an ad for the new Revlon 'Shanghai' color collection. I cut out the ad and suggested to Tara that she should try that eye makeup 'look', it would look good on her.
    It sounds like Tara is a very lucky girl! Oh..and thanks for letting her go to SCC she thought she wasn't allowed to at first.

My wife started me dressing. Gee I love her so! Just this year did the makeup and wig thing. Stockings, garterbelts, thongs, shelf bras, minis, dresses the whole nine yards. So much fun and great sex also. She really loves my French Maids outfits! Meet her at the door dressed as a maid
    and serve her a cold one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Wrenchette is very lucky to have that type of freedom.
    I feel very lucky to have Wrenchette Thank you, I didn't know if it was okay to post in this thread, but you made me feel very welcome.
    Define "normal"

My wife has no boundaries. We are always together when we do anything and she is completely accepting to my alter self. I don't dress trashy and I always strive to pass when I do dress.

Joanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Be who you are...not who you think I want you to be

As Myrdin said; for me there are some boundaries, because I do like to have my man there sometimes but I'm very happy with the femme side to...
    I love the complete person and I think if other SO's would see that CD is just a normal part of their partner and it changes nothing for the relationship except the closeness you get when embracing it,
    they would not be so hesitant...
    A lot of SO's just have a fear of what CD would change , while we know that it just brings us closer together...
    I must add that honesty is a very big must because otherwise you create distrust and once that is there it's very hard to get the trust back...
    I wish the world would be more open for all of us but sadly that's a dream ...

With love, myrdinsgirl (SO)

My SO hasn't really set much in the way of boundaries, but she has made it quite clear she doesn't want me going out dressed or coming out to others without discussing it thoroughly with her first. She also doesn't want me dressed when we're in bed together because the texture of a lot of women's clothes feels really uncomfortable against her skin for her
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Jean has known about me since the day I asked her to marry me.
    I dress all of the time around the house. I can and have been out dressed with and without her.
    If I am in my drab clothes for a while, she will ask me if I am OK and if there is something wrong.
    She has no problem with me being dressed because she definately knows that I am a man, her man.
    She does have one thing that she isn't fond of though. She doesn't like my nails to be painted.
    That is the only thing. It isn't that tough not to have polish on, so I don't.
    I wouldn't trade her for anything or anyone.

Platinum Member
    Hi Marleena, My dressing is a DADT kind of thing I dress at home but my wife just don't want to see it
    all my things are in the three different closets nothing is hidden.
    Married almost 49yrs. don't see any thing changing anytime soon
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

My girlfriend is very accepting and as time has passed has grown to be more comfortable with my dressing as well as having a better understanding of why I dress. The first night we met I shared with her I am a cross-dresser, as well as showed her picture of myself when dressed.

At first there were limitations on how many times I could dress a month. She also asked me not to dress during certain times of the month. She also was a tad bit uncomfortable with us going out when I was dressed as a female. I feel it took her time and to have a better understanding of why a man dresses as a female.

As time passed she did become more understanding of my feminine self. We shop together and pick out outfits for one another. We also have nights where we give each other makeovers and dress up together. She has become comfortable with us going out together and having a girl’s night out. The community we live in is very accepting and tolerant so a man dressed as a woman is not an uncommon sight here. She does get a little bit upset and angered with how much I am hit on though.

I find it rather funny, she’ll say to me after a night out and being hit on with persistence by some, “it’s like you have to beat them off.”

I’ll reply, “I think that is what they want sweetie.”

She’ll then see what she says can be interpreted another way and laugh about it.

She is a very wonderful person.

Quote Originally Posted by myrdinsgirl View Post
    As Myrdin said; for me there are some boundaries, because I do like to have my man there sometimes but I'm very happy with the femme side to...
    I love the complete person and I think if other SO's would see that CD is just a normal part of their partner and it changes nothing for the relationship except the closeness you get when embracing it,
    they would not be so hesitant...
    A lot of SO's just have a fear of what CD would change , while we know that it just brings us closer together...
    I must add that honesty is a very big must because otherwise you create distrust and once that is there it's very hard to get the trust back...
    I wish the world would be more open for all of us but sadly that's a dream ...

With love, myrdinsgirl (SO)
    Great first post in support of your SO! Welcome to the forum!

BTW I edited my post asking for SO's input too. This thread is very encouraging so far.

My wife is accepting and we don't really set boundaries. We do, however, talk things over quite often and if either of us thinks something is ill-advised then we don't do it. Our goals are pretty much the same, to allow me to explore this aspect of myself without causing any problems for ourselves. The only set rule we have (and both readily agreed to) is to maintain a "no fly zone" in our local community.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Gillian Gigs , very well said.

We did set some boundaries in the beginning, but worked through them and now don't have any and haven't for some years...but even after 25 years we still sit and talk. Talking shouldn't stop just because SOs are ok with what is happening.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

My wife is supportive but to fully respond to this thread she would be person to ask and she refuses to join this site. She is the person responsible for me accepting who I am. Without her I would probably still be in denial. She set three basic rules that I work real hard at staying within. No dressing in front of the kids, no going out in public and no embarrassing her. I also try to not wear too much feminine clothing or makeup in her presence. It seems to drive her away emotionally. It does feel like like there are some unspoken boundaries but I can live with them. I am better with her than without her.
    If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

My GF positively encourages me to dress. Wig, Make Up, Jewellery, the whole works. She loves it. She told her best friend about it. I'm not aware that there are any boundaries.

I love her to bits and tell her many times daily.

Kathy x