Thread: Going to See a Therapist

Going to See a Therapist

Well, I am finally going to talk to a Therapist today. I have seen this person before and I really like her, but I am still very nervous about opening up about my cross dressing to some one. Wish me luck.
    Marsha

Good luck!
    It's a really good feeling to open up about something you hold so close and private.

Feels good man.
    :P

Platinum Member
    Good luck and relax if you can. I'm sure your therapist will help you understand that cross dressing is neither a crime nor a mental defect. It's just part of what makes you and I unique individuals.

Good luck Marsha! Once you get over the first time jitters I think things will be fine!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

I came out to my therapist about a month ago. I don't regret it a bit. I felt that CD'ing is such a big part of who I am, so I had to tell her if I wanted to work on me.
    xoxo,
    Alisa

You will feel so much better. I know i did after speaking with mine. It took me a long time to finally see him but it its so much worth it. Good LUCK

Good Luck! It's worth a try,right? Hope you find that talking about things helps. I'm thinking about it myself!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

Quote Originally Posted by whowhatwhen View Post
    Good luck!
    It's a really good feeling to open up about something you hold so close and private.

Feels good man.
    :P
    This is so true !! I haven't seen a therapist yet but opened up to my doctor who's refered me and am looking forward to it !

Thanks ladies. I had a great visit with my therapist. I feel so much better now that I have opened up to someone in person. She is so wonderful and I cannot wait to see her again. It is hard to believe I waited this long, almost 50 years, to do this.
    Marsha

Good to here therapies working out still waiting for my appointment to come around,strange isnt it i had no problems telling my gp that i had transgender thoughts and needed help but i cant seem to tell anyone that i crossdress aswell,i supose its 20 years of repression/self loathing but im working on that myself so hopefully talking to a proffessional will speed up the process.

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Great your visit was helpful to your self acceptance Marsha.

I had a very similar experience on my first visit to a pyschologist with very positive reinforcement of my needs and self expression. I had a second visit two weeks ago and decided (with her support) to go en femme. Another very positive experience which I'm repeating this week. She was pleased that I trusted her sufficiently to present en femme and used my visit to educate her staff.

Why do I continue to go back? I'm trying to develop the skills to change my wife from abhorrent to dressing to supportive. I may have to negotiate a bulk deal!!

Michelle

Silver Member
    Glad to hear it went well. I hope she is knowledgeable in the area of gender expression. If you get any suggestions that what you do is wrong stop training her and go elsewhere. I spent a ton of $$ teaching the uninformed LCSW's/MSW's until I found a practice that covers this area. Keep us posted. And to those who feel no personal need for therapy, that is wonderful but just keep an open mind, you may try it and find it is very helpful.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I started seeing one a few weeks ago and if nothing else, it just feels good to be able to openly discuss Samantha. My therapist has been good so far.

My therapist is really great, am seeing her on the 5th December, want to go fully dressed. Hope I can go through with it. I think I can

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Kay Armour View Post
    My therapist is really great, am seeing her on the 5th December, want to go fully dressed. Hope I can go through with it. I think I can
    Absolutely you can!! I've been to my psychologist (same thing I suspect) three times now en femme. Terrific, positive and rewarding experience. She's given me some style tips too.

And to Sara, I agree. My psychologist has no doubt that there is nothing wrong with me and what I do acknowledging of course that the world is not yet comfortable with men dressing as women.
    Last edited by Michelle (Oz); 11-21-2012 at 08:48 AM.

Good luck and I hope it is a positive experience for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Glad it was all you had hoped it would be, it will get better with time, now that you know you can be honest with her.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Marsha I'm so glad that you are doing this for your self. I started therapy at the beginning of this year it was hard to tell someone else that I was a CDer. The first time I talked to her was on the phone to make a appointment I was so scared my wife was the only one to know. I cryed when I was talking to her. It was such a heavy secret to keep. It's helped me so much and now my wife is going with me, and she want's to know Janelle better. I hope you get all you need from it. Hugs Janelle
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!