Thread: Came out and told a friend.

Came out and told a friend.

My grandmothers health is not the greatest, she 99, my wife and mom went down a couple of month ago and I finally got to this past weekend. Drove down Thursday 18 and came back Sunday the 19, I made 6 hr trip alone, wife couldn't get the time off. While down there I went to see a friend in Wilton Manors fl at her sub shop. while there There was a lot of catching up to do, its been a good 8 years since we had an opportunity to sit down and talk. When i got the courage to tell her, first non family member I told, she looked at me and said "so" it wasn't a concern to her. She suspected something when I walked and she noticed that I was wearing girl jeans she figured I would tell her, when I was ready. I told her that I was on a forum, I didn't tell her the name I was using here.
    Later on that evening I was talking to my wife while in one of the outlet mall seeing what I could find, I mentioned who I told and she told me that I would be surprised that most of my friend would have the same reaction. This has caused me to compile a list of FB friends of who would not care that I cross dress, and realizing that I may loose a few, then again if I do then oh well, I didn't need those people (friends) any way.
    LET NO ONE BURN; LET NO ONE GO TO THE LIONS

Platinum Member
    Your wife is probably right. Much as we fear being outed, it seems that many of our true friends are surprisingly accepting.

A friend of mine who is gay came out to me many years ago.
    He had come out to others as well and thought I was one of those that would shun him when told.
    He said afterwards that those that accepted him seemed to him to be the most unlikely ones.
    So you never can tell, lots of luck with your outing exercise.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.