Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: victoria secret/crossdressing

When I stop by to browse, most of the time I'm a guy. But if i HAVE MY EYE ON SOMETHING i COME BACK AS A WOMAN TO TRY STUFF ON. I did this when I had my eye on 4 bra & panty sets, came back a month later when I had money but when I tried the bra on it didn't work well with my forms, and the panties were to thin and flimsy and wouldn't give a good tuck... So I didn't spend $200+ the the stuff I was looking for.

VS makes an effort to make all customers comfortable. Same with Macy's, my favorite store.

I never volunteer the items are for me, but i am not under the delusion that they do not know i'm probably a crossdresser. Since I do not bring it up, they don't either- but it's mutual recognition.. Macy's (and VS) realize they get not an insignificant portion of sales to CDs.

Since we as CDs run the gamut from being very shy to overtly out- it is hard for the salespeople to know how to respond at first blush, but they do a good job.

For me- if i do not feel like opening up- i simply smile, offer closed end answers, and concentrate on being polite- showing respect for the salespersons' efforts.

My biggest problem is the other customers. They do not have incentive to be nice to CDs, but it seems to me, as i have been working on this over the last few years- if you do not make eye contact, they will not interact either. It really works. Even more so if one projects the feeling that the store wants you there, which at macy's and Vs, (and MANY others) do.

Remember- macy's policy is to let crossdressers (male) use the female dressing rooms. Uber tolerance- they would rather risk pissing off a bigot than losing a CD/TG client. Freaking awesome.

For me, the best way to shop en drab is to be a little flirty, happy with the situation I am in (shopping), and formally polite.

Once, years ago, I bought a pink satin prom dress- size 11 was just too small, I called and asked if i could exchange it at anther store. No problem. During the exchange, somehow, the question of fit was brought up- and the SA (could not have been more than 20) asked if i would like to try it on.

I freaked a little, (wasn't rude or anything) and hightailed it out of the store. In retrospect, i should have graciously thanked the girl for the offer, regardless of declining.

probably should have tried it on, with some assistance in fitting. would have made a great short story...

Katie- my lady, I hear you. try doubling or even tripling up on the panties- the extra compression works quite well! You might even sew 2-3 pair together, and even take a quarter inch out of the side seams to make it fit better.

A sewing machine is best for this- but you can get a real decent model for less than half what you would have spent.

hell, if learning how to alter clothes with a sewing machine is not a CD/TG skill, what the hell is?

I'm biased, of course, but the sewing machine is perhaps the best CD/TG related investment i ever made. it also comes in handy for doing alterations on clothes for my size 0-2 wife's pants and skirts.

When I go to VS presenting as a female, I certainly hope they don't try to assume I'm buying for anyone but MYSELF!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Banned Read only
    Sara, if anyone assumes your buying for other than your self, im sure it is your buying for another GG female. Most of us that are straight, and no offense to gays nor anyone trying to pass, but the way we usually act as male, we act as female. the female sale associates think WE ARE ALL CUTE, THEY LOVE ME i always have great experiences.

Aspiring Member
    Love shopping at VS had my fitting done there years ago never had a bad shopping expercience when asked what size does she wear tell the sa its for me once a sa looked a little shocked but recovered and help me havent shop there lately since they quit carrying the vs cotton signture collection razorback bra the one that fastens in the front have to buy it on line or from the catalog still like window shopping there.

Very overrated experience for many of us.They only go to a 38 band size in bras and the panties aren't any better than other stores.Just cause it seems feminine with the smells and all doesn't change the fact that most things there won't stand the test of time other than the stencil that says "I LOVE PINK" across the butt of some sweatpants! Buy what truly works for you,wherever you get it..Nordstrom,Macy's, Bebe, to Avenue,Dressbarn to consignment shops to Target to thriftshops...Get clothes that make you look your best!..Trendy hype doesn't cut it.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

One day I'm going to build the courage to go to a VS store and buy some lengerie.

Best make sure it fits! Shopping for something there shouldn't qualify for the "bucket list"! IMO...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanessa Amber420 View Post
    One day I'm going to build the courage to go to a VS store and buy some lengerie.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Banned Read only
    kind of is kinky. for me, im just attracted to womens clothes, but all the SA just think i like to only wear, but ITS BOTH

I went on thursday night in drab, just before closing and bought a nightie and some vsx yoga pants. Yoga pants are to long, so i may try and exchange them. The SA's were wonderful, also got a secret rewards card too!

Always asked, but never have had the guts to say who its actually for, though they probably know already, wish i could work up the courage do to that