Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead

Is anyone else addicted to the AMC show, "The Walking Dead"?

I have a real quandary about the show... Sunday afternoons are the perfect time for me to get dressed up, but I've found that Stephanie really doesn't like watching scary shows. It just doesn't seem very lady like...

So who do I spend my evening with? Stephanie or AMC?

Resist

Brains!

That's a fun show. My vote is for you to spend an evening with Zombie Stephanie.

Mac.

Which one makes you more happy? Or, DVR it and watch another night.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by mckenzie View Post
    That's a fun show. My vote is for you to spend an evening with Zombie Stephanie.

Mac.
    Zombie Stephanie... I LOVE IT!!! Perhaps that's what I should do for Halloween.

Every week we gather at my girlfriend's place for dinner and the dead ... great time to socialize and do something our entire group enjoys. This season, due to scheduling issues, we're watching it on DVR on Mondays... SO NO SPOILERS!

I'm not, but my teenager is addicted. I'm somewhat bored with it.
    Kill zombie - splat - on to sub-plot - kill zombie - splat -move to safe ground - kill zombie - splat - another sub-plot -etc ad nauseum.
    In need of resolution (my guess, it's all a dream).

Banned Read only
    I'm hooked on that show!

Silver Member
    Umm... you ARE Stephanie... so if you wanna watch it... then watch it.

Last I checked, women are free to watch zombie movies.
    Last edited by Eryn; 10-21-2012 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Political comment deleted. Yes, it was a joke, but you know the rules!

Love the show! I understand your dilemma, but a girl needs a good scare every once in a while.

I was going to move this thread to Media, but it seems to be more about crossdressing than the show so I'll leave it be.

Braaainnssss....

Silver Member
    I was trying to find my zombified Facebook picture from last year... but I can't!

But zombies and women mix quite well! Maybe I'll make a new picture this year :P

EDIT:

<----- There! Female Zombie. And the world hasn't ended.

Yet.
    Last edited by Bree-asaurus; 10-21-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Oh brother! Spare me the "Stephanie doesn't like scary shows" crap. You're still you, and if you like the show, toss on a skirt and enjoy it. Sheesh!

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

I see more zombies at the mall during the day.
    Dress up, go behind the television and scare the hell out of them.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm so addicted to that show. Mmm, Brains.

Anyways, I just have a little problem with the show, and the continuity of the story line. Like the end of season two, then Season 3 began last week, and Laurie is about to pop like she's 9 months pregnant, when she just found out at the end of season 2. And where the heck did they get silencers for their guns? Lots of unanswered questions left opened. Biggest one is, how's it all going to end? My bet is it'll last maybe 4 or 5 seasons, and they'll rebuild civilization after losing many key characters and gaining newer ones. But, it would be cool, if it ends with Rick waking up from his comma from the beginning of the show, to find the whole thing has been nothing but a giant dream.
    Katie.

Quote Originally Posted by CorsetAngel View Post
    I'm so addicted to that show. Mmm, Brains.

Anyways, I just have a little problem with the show, and the continuity of the story line. Like the end of season two, then Season 3 began last week, and Laurie is about to pop like she's 9 months pregnant, when she just found out at the end of season 2. And where the heck did they get silencers for their guns? Lots of unanswered questions left opened. Biggest one is, how's it all going to end? My bet is it'll last maybe 4 or 5 seasons, and they'll rebuild civilization after losing many key characters and gaining newer ones. But, it would be cool, if it ends with Rick waking up from his comma from the beginning of the show, to find the whole thing has been nothing but a giant dream.
    Go to AMCtv.com for the 4 part webisodes that connect season 2 and 3. I'm guessing (based off the comic books from which the show is inspired) that it's not just a dream...

Big fan here of many of the AMC shows (Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Hell On Wheels)...

I find I'm a big horror fan! I'm not too different when i'm a girl then when i'm a boy as far as the things I like

Watching it now as a mattater of fact you can always DVr it
    Formerly Lolisa

yeah I am addicted to walking dead, along with SOA and Revolutuion. Being Kymmie is a closet tomboy she is addicted too.

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kymmieLorain View Post
    yeah I am addicted to walking dead, along with SOA and Revolutuion. Being Kymmie is a closet tomboy she is addicted too.

Kymmie
    I love SOA.

I thought it was pretty cool that they had a tranny on the show (the sex worker, boobs and penis variety) without making fun of him/her.

Love Walking Dead and so does Jess! Nothing like eating some chips and dip while watching Walking Dead.

Random story: Friends and I try to eat lasagna and other things that look like the zombie all bashed up. First one to lose their appetite has to buy the beer for the next Sunday of Football.
    “You can love someone so much… But you can never love someone as much as you miss them.”
    -John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

Resident huguenot Nocturnal Kaylee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree-asaurus View Post
    Umm... you ARE Stephanie... so if you wanna watch it... then watch it.
    Came to say this. I never understood how anybody can disassociate while cross dressed. Its just clothes.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliviawinters View Post
    Came to say this. I never understood how anybody can disassociate while cross dressed. Its just clothes.
    It happens to some people who grow up repressing who they really are. They figure it out in time, but until they do come to terms with their true identity, it's easier for them to think of themselves as two different people.

In my opinion it's not just clothes. It's an expression, a point of view, a statement and/or an art. Disassociating may or may not be a way to describe the process. Perhaps what looks like disassociation to an outside observer is actually an inward connection, or more specifically a way to tune into what is usually dissonance.

Meghan
    Last edited by Meghan; 10-22-2012 at 12:18 AM.
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

My thought exactly. But it's quite common on this forum to talk about yourself in second person. So if this is meant to be like one of those jokes then I see the fun. If this is more serious, If being Stephanie spoils for some reason. Then you should watch the series in guy mode, how many good zombie series exist in this world? Take this opportunity!

I rarely ever watch TV. But I love that show. Real zombie fan here!
    Last edited by Erina; 10-22-2012 at 12:22 AM.