Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Walking Dead

Resident huguenot Nocturnal Kaylee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bree-asaurus View Post
    I love SOA.

I thought it was pretty cool that they had a tranny on the show (the sex worker, boobs and penis variety) without making fun of him/her.
    Why does it seem like anytime there's a trans person on TV their either being laughed at, a sex worker or being murdered? Where are all the normal trans folk?

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliviawinters View Post
    Why does it seem like anytime there's a trans person on TV their either being laughed at, a sex worker or being murdered? Where are all the normal trans folk?
    Trans people are usually only used in media for shock value because they are not well understood by the general public.

As far as the tranny in SOA, that didn't seem like a mockery of trans people, because there are trans people just like the tranny in SOA. And no one was disrespectful of her either. In fact, a few of the other characters actually had a thing for her.

I didn't really like how transwomen were depicted in Rescue Me... that was horrible. Nip/Tuck was a little better, but still had problems.

Now, if Family Guy or Southpark mocks a trans person, that's a good thing. They mock everything. If they don't mock something, that's when you should be worried :P

Now, if Family Guy or Southpark mocks a trans person, that's a good thing. They mock everything. If they don't mock something, that's when you should be worried :P
    Bree...Two things...

1. Great point. If something isn't the subject of satire then it might not be relevant.

2. Your profile pictures are getting progressively more scary. Nicely done!

Meghan
    "No matter how far you've gone down a wrong road, turn back."

~Turkish Proverb

Not long finished season 2 of "The Walking Dead" here in the UK. Great program the concentrates more on the humanity side of things as apposed to the blood and guts action of other zombie programs/film.
    I've got both seasons on my harddrive and thinking about putting it onto DVD for safe keeping.

Duchess of Eyeliner Erica2Sweet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StephanieJ View Post
    ...but I've found that Stephanie really doesn't like watching scary shows. It just doesn't seem very lady like...
    It's true in exploring gender boundaries, we often possess two separate presentations in terms of outward appearance, one male, one female. But the bottom line is, both sides of us share the same mind and body. You will do yourself a huge favor in the long run if you get out of the habit of treating yourself like two entirely different people and realize that what Stephanie enjoys, you enjoy in boy-mode too. You're making life more complicated than what it needs to be.

True your current approach does afford the ego some protections, but I think you'll realize one day that they are unneeded and are just a hindrance to better understanding your internal self.

I know this sounds a bit cryptic, but once you realize what I mean I think you'll have a truly "ah ha" moment.
    Last edited by Erica2Sweet; 10-22-2012 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I'm not, but my teenager is addicted. I'm somewhat bored with it.
    Kill zombie - splat - on to sub-plot - kill zombie - splat -move to safe ground - kill zombie - splat - another sub-plot -etc ad nauseum.
    In need of resolution (my guess, it's all a dream).
    Oooh, that's an intriguing possibility for an ending. Very insightful for someone not into the show...

Quote Originally Posted by girltoy View Post
    Every week we gather at my girlfriend's place for dinner and the dead ... great time to socialize and do something our entire group enjoys. This season, due to scheduling issues, we're watching it on DVR on Mondays... SO NO SPOILERS!
    Dinner and the Dead sounds AMAZING. Okay, no spoilers, but - will Hershel live or die? I'm stumped...

PS. Love your avatar girltoy. Very Zombie esque..
    Last edited by StephanieJ; 10-23-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica2Sweet View Post
    It's true in exploring gender boundaries, we often possess two separate presentations in terms of outward appearance, one male, one female. But the bottom line is, both sides of us share the same mind and body. You will do yourself a huge favor in the long run if you get out of the habit of treating yourself like two entirely different people and realize that what Stephanie enjoys, you enjoy in boy-mode too. You're making life more complicated than what it needs to be.

True your current approach does afford the ego some protections, but I think you'll realize one day that they are unneeded and are just a hindrance to better understanding your internal self.

I know this sounds a bit cryptic, but once you realize what I mean I think you'll have a truly "ah ha" moment.
    That's actually a very good point and amazingly almost exactly what my therapist has said. Perhaps next week Steph will have her first date with a zombie. Maybe I'll even cook up some lasagna and see how it goes...

So has anyone besides me considered this: Would I still find a way to dress if there was a zombie outbreak?

I love SOA.

I thought it was pretty cool that they had a tranny on the show (the sex worker, boobs and penis variety) without making fun of him/her.
    If you watch FX at all, you might recognize that tranny on SOA as Boyd Crowder (Walton Goggins) from Justified. Goggins can play some very diverse roles. Justified is another great TV show (is that a pun?) but it's not on AMC. I like it for Timothy Olyphant and Natalie Zea.
    Laura

Quote Originally Posted by Simone.B View Post
    So has anyone besides me considered this: Would I still find a way to dress if there was a zombie outbreak?
    I'll bet you would find a way, but it would be hard to out run the zombies while you had heels on.
    Laura

Walking Dead ans SOA are the only shows I watch.
    I don't have TV so I wate for them to hit Netflix.
    Always remimber life is what you make it.
    So make it Beautiful.

Love Ashley Dawn
    http://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/ashley...00004093583692

Omg I absolutely LOVE The Walking Dead! It may very well be my favorite show. I've been a fan of the comic series for longer and I gotta say I like how they're two somewhat different stories. But haven't reached the end yet so I have no idea what's gonna happen! And I actually just started watching SOA today per a friends recommendation and I'm hooked. One thing: anyone who knows the show tell what it means when they say SAMCRO? I fear it may be a dumb question but answer it anyway please

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tera View Post
    Omg I absolutely LOVE The Walking Dead! It may very well be my favorite show. I've been a fan of the comic series for longer and I gotta say I like how they're two somewhat different stories. But haven't reached the end yet so I have no idea what's gonna happen! And I actually just started watching SOA today per a friends recommendation and I'm hooked. One thing: anyone who knows the show tell what it means when they say SAMCRO? I fear it may be a dumb question but answer it anyway please
    Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club Redwood Original (the redwood chapter was the first)

Aha! That's what I thought but just wanted confirmation. Thanks Bree

Male or female, I like watching romantic dramas. As there aren't many currently in the U.S., I'm right now focusing on South Korea's many mini series. Right now is " Boys over flowers'. found on dramacrazy.net and crunchyroll.com. Free, with english subtitles. Lots of shows there.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.