I will have been dating my wonderful girlfriend for two years on November 5th. I love her very much, and we both feel that we have a future together. That being said, she and I are 18 and 19 respectively. I started college this year, she's a sophomore. we go to different schools however, about forty minutes away. We have a mutual agreement to not get married, or make any decisions about it until both of us finish college. We are a Christian couple, and if it's not too awkward to say, we both aren't going to have sex until marriage. We have an all around happy relationship, and love each other very much.

I really like wearing dresses and skirts. I wouldn't be here if I didn't. However, my girlfriend does not approve of this. She has misconceptions about crossdressing, and doesn't really take it seriously.

Today, for the very first time, I wore a dress openly at my college, and just spent my day in it. Nobody cared. It was great. They were all super supportive. In fact, I got my hair dyed blonde yesterday for my Halloween costume (I'm being Finn from Adventure Time) and more people commented on my hair than on the fact that I was wearing a dress. I got hardly any awkward looks, and my friends treated me like normal. As a side note, I wasn't in full drag, as that's not really my thing. I just wore the clothes, no wig, no makeup, no breast or butt forms or anything. I looked damn cute, too.

I felt so unbelievably happy today that I was able to do this. I felt alive, I felt free. I felt like I was able to be myself. I would love to just dress like this most of the time, it would be a dream come true. I truly feel like I'm in a new day and age of acceptance.

However, my girlfriend doesn't think it's okay. I really just wish I could snap my fingers and change her mind. I love her so much, and she loves me, but I feel like if I told her the way I truly feel about crossdressing she'll up and leave me. Which I know is ridiculous, but I really feel like I need her approval. How can I convince her that crossdressing is really nothing more than wanting more clothing options? I just want to feel pretty. Today I did. I want to chase that feeling.