Thread: First meeting tonight

First meeting tonight

I am going to my first Cd/Trans support group tonight. I am so scared I dont know what to expect. But my therapist says I need to explore every avenue to figure out who I am. Wish me luck!

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Go out the door as you usually do and once at the meeting you'll forget why all the fears. ENJOY.

Aspiring Member
    This should be the least scary aspect of CD/TG issues. You will be among people just like you.

Enjoy yourself, be open and true to those you meet and you may find some new terrific friends or at the very worst, a great support group. I'm going to my first meeting in a few weeks and I can't wait.

Banned Read only
    well done Sara. Have fun

I too was nervous about attending my first support group meeting, held in a large-chain restaurant. My group stressed that I should attend the first meeting, and subsequent meeting until I felt comfortable with the group, in drab rather than enfemme. So no problem on the first meeting, or the second, but I was very nervous walking into a public restaurant enfemme for the third meeting. I arrived early and had a beer with a few of the other girls who also came early and I began to feel a lot more comfortable. Then the beer did what beer frequently does and I was informed that I would be required to use the Women’s Restroom since I was dressed enfemme and the nervousness returned, but I had no problems.

I know that nothing I write will alleviate your fears but you will be among friends and I suspect that you will have a great time. It gets easier the more often you go and after just a few meetings you will probably look forward to going.
    Babs

I am glad you are going, support is what these meetings are all about.
    Overcome any fears you may have.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The first time is the hardest, and you'll find yourself having a good time right away!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yep first time is hard all the rest are a walk in the park.

How was it in the end??

Platinum Member
    Hi Sara, Please do let us know how your meeting went.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Hey Sara Glad you're going to a meeting, sis. Let us know how it went for you.
    And if it was awkward the first time, it's OK - sometimes takes a few meetings.
    - Phoebe Brenne

I remember my first last Feb. I went in drab and was welcomed and have been going regularly since. Now I dress, jeans T make up earings and ride the bus there and back. It a great place.
    Let us know how much fun you had sara and enjoy your new friends.

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

Platinum Member
    Please tell us how it went for you.

Former Member
    I remember the first time I went. It was about 10 years ago. I snuck ( is that a word?) out of the house under the cover of darkness and sat in my car for about 20 minutes before I could work up the nerve to go in! It was fine. Just a group of people with a common interest.

Good Luck,hun!
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

congratulations!!!! i too am planning my 1st meeting come nov 19th. A little nervous, but excited at the same time. (my wife is gonna attend w/ me). I think it'll be good for her. to get info too.... though she is sooo supportive of me. But i know there are times she's confused about an issue... ie: when i told her how when wearing a bra i like to use socks, bra inserts to fill the bra. (She just doesn't understand why i want larger!)

But i am looking forward to having fun and possibly making this a regular meeting

Just be yourself and you will be just fine Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

You're going to have a blast. Can't wait to hear about the full report. How do you all find these groups? Not sure I would be up for going but I would never cross it out either.

it went well. I had trouble getting out of my truck to go in. I just watched for a few to see who was going in then got up my nerve and went in, it was actually very comfortable. It was nice not to be judged and to be able to talk about anything with no fear. They have them every other week.

I have been to two meetings with my group. They meet in a hotel meeting room and I just get a room near it and dress in there. I am planning to attend the "girls night out" in a few weeks where the meet at a local cd friendly restaurant and have dinner together. I am kind of nervous but my "big sister" who interviewed me and brought me into the group is going to let me ride with her from the hotel to the restaurant so I will be a little less nervous. I am scared but at the same time so excited to go out in public all dressed up and mingle with others. All of this is a very big step for me but I think one day I will be so comfortable with it I will wonder why I put up such a fuss. Oh wow I need to buy a new dress now!