Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For those with "Accepting" SOs...

Banned Read only

For those with "Accepting" SOs...

If you normally spend time at home "dressed" [when your SO is home] I am guessing you aren't always 100% "visually" typical female? As in forms, wigs, makeup etc.?

The actual question is about your presentation or mannerisms. [when dressed] Do you "do your best" to soften your voice, walk differently, stand differently and basically do everything you would do to "pass" if out in public?

I ask because of the many folks here with DISapproving SOs. I wonder if it was ONLY the clothes, if some SOs might or could soften their stance? Or do you think it would make any difference at all?

If I cuss and my girl is around shell look at me and say Renee wwouldnt talk like that. Shes always trying to keep me in check. Usually on work days Ill sleep in a teddy and panties and not all made up I reserve that for my days off in order to enjoy it and we can venture out together. She helps me be the lady I want to be and I love her for that.
    Renee.

If I'm wearing a full outfit then the only thing I will leave out is the makeup although not always. It is nice to just throw on a pair of jeans and heels and that's it. Depends on the mood I'm in as I didn't wear anything femme last night. I do try to walk more feminine, legs together etc and take longer with food, my guy side guzzles it lol

Hugs

J
    How do I feel about my SO. Chris de Burgh - Forevermore, says it all.

No, my wife knows I'm a guy who likes to dress up. The only change in mannerisms, standing, or walking are those imposed upon me by wearing my girly things: high heels, fake nails (I'm pretty useless with these on). Posture may be different (better) with corset on. All good (except those nails, but the trade-off is worth it).

A girl can't get too much practice!

Platinum Member
    I dress 5/7, which means, I'm full femme five days a week and more of a blend on the weekend. I seldom wear any male items during the week, unless I have a business engagement.

Generally, I take my cues from my wife when she's around. I'll wear casual lounge wear in the evening, just as she does....without forms, wig or make up. (what woman would wear make up and a bra after a long day at work) If we have a date night on the weekend or some other special occassion, I'll be all decked out, just as she will.

Behaviorally, I don't really put on affectations. I'm me, pretty much regardless of how I'm dressed. When I'm out, I try to moderate my voice a little bit...just so its not too incongruous with my appearance. And I walk a little differently in heels than otherwise, but otherwise, just the same person. I suppose this reflects an unspoken compromise. I don't go all out around her every minute of every day and she doesn't object to my not so masculine attributes.

I don't think that for disapproving SO's anything but being male is good enough,
    and if they love you, I think it shouldn't matter anyways...
    love is taking eachother through good and "bad" ...
    But that's just my point of view,
    xoxo

everything changes when i am dressed around my girlfriend. My voice gets softer, the walk is very feminine, the limp wrist, the crossed legs, etc.... I become Susan and my friend calls me that when i am dressed . Its wonderful cause we talk about clothes, makeup etc.. like two girlfriends

Look to the left and that is one of the outfits. Mannerisms are those that one would expect for someone with that appearance...or at least I try!

I do have a very accepting girlfriend, but I don't dress a lot and mostly when I am with her. She is a beautiful woman inside and out and loves my feminine side. Although she likes my male self she preffers to see Gena, that said I do not realy act feminine as to mimic a woman or her voice and manerisims, although I do like to look as feminine sa possible. She enjoys the visual image of cute girl and I love that part of her, hope this helps.

The only thing I leave off is makeup.
    All the rest is there and ready to go out, after a close shave.....
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    There is no consistency as to the extent of my dressing. I can go weeks on end without doing any, and then for a week or so I will do some dressing almost daily until the mood fades. It usually begins with wearing a bra and my forms under my male clothing for a day or so. Panties may be included, or may be the only femme item worn. If the mood intensifies, I will include a slip or camisole the next day with perhaps a blouse. I may just wear my male pants, or replace them with a skirt, depending on my mood. I sometimes wear only a skirt with otherwise all male clothing or may put on a bra and forms as well. Usually around the middle of these crossdressing periods, my mood will peak, and I will dress more or less fully, including earrings and other jewelry, nylons qnd shoes. I will often go several days like this, with changes of outfits during the day in an attempt to wear most of my dresses and tops. As the mood passes, I begin wearing fewer and fewer femme items.

I rarely use makeup or nail polish unless I am attending a CD event. As for hair, I have a full head of very long hair, so I no longer bother with wigs. It is usually in a pony tail, but I will let it down when I am fully crossdressing. I usually sleep in a nightgown, but seldom with a bra or panties as well. I also have some femme items that I wear simply because they are more comfortable, than anything else I have. These include shorts, skirts and previously a sweater that no longer fits after being shrunk in the wash. I do not consider my sleepwear or these other items to constitute crossdressing, as wearing them has nothing to do with my CD moods.

Veronica

Once I begin to don my femme things everything seems to change.
    Most of the time at night I'm not in full makeup. Seems a bit of a waste since it's only us and I'm not going out. I just dress and we do whatever...watch tv, computer or talk. It was a bit odd to me at first, but I've grown comfortable this way over time. Of course, I am in my bra and forms and most times my wig, but the rest I save for when I've got a full day to enjoy or we're going out.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

My fiance tells me I'm much more feminine when wearing a dress. I just act natural. And when we are home it's usually just a comfortable skirt and blouse or sundress, no make-up or nails or wig.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    If I dress it has to be forms and hair, but not always makeup. I don't change my voice when with my wife, I'm pretty much me, but dressed. I do keep with the legs together idea, bent knees to pick things up etc. So a yes and no type of answer. Not been out to my wife for too long, so moderation is the name of the game insofar that she can take the mannerisms, but voice change may be a step too far just now. My wife has suggested I get some more casual clothes to wear. After all, most GGs don't dress to the nines all the time.

Working from home today so was able to dress in a black A-line skirt, forms and hair, with lovely orange vest-top and loose knit black cardi, absolute heaven! If only normal work days were like this.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

These days I rarely dress at home, unless we have plans on going out. Under that scenario, we are usually running late and have no time to lounge around the house. Other than my voice, my mannerisms do change to reflect how I'm presenting when out in public.

However, looking back when I dressed strictly at home, when it was just the two of us, I didn't underdress and always presented myself in 100% femme mode. That said, my mannerisms didn't change. The first time my wife saw me dressed within minutes she realized that under the padding, wig and makeup, I was still me. That was a big relief to her.

Generally, around home I'm in a denim skirt or jeans. girly t-shirt, flipflops. and breastforms. No hairpiece or makeup. I don't try to change what I do or the way that I act, whether I'm mowing the lawn, doing the dishes or laundry, or working on the car. I'm always just me, probably more feminine than most guys and more masculine than most girls.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

Addicted to PANTYHOSE Maria_1969's Avatar
    I dress nightly from waist down, my SO not only likes it, she prefers it. We are recently taking about doing head to toe, she loves my feminine side but honestly, I don't want to deal with the extra effort and i love having facial hair.... I love being a man in public and a girl at home.... I pretty much act the same way, but i am far more relaxed and calm when I am Maria inside... I feel so damn lucky to have a woman in my life that loves my feminine side..
    "If pantyhose can make my legs look this good, imagine what they can do for yours" - Joe Namath

Silver Member
    Always dress completely - with make-up, hair, maybe sexy PJs to watch TV. The transformation makes me feel complete and it is fun. I try different looks and my wife seems to enjoy the effort. I have gotten well organized and can apply make-up rapidly. It does make me feel and act differently. Maybe I am more relaxed.

Former Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    No, my wife knows I'm a guy who likes to dress up. The only change in mannerisms, standing, or walking are those imposed upon me by wearing my girly things: high heels, fake nails (I'm pretty useless with these on). Posture may be different (better) with corset on. All good (except those nails, but the trade-off is worth it).
    This pretty much describes me. I'm just a dude in a dress....I am who I am. Trying to act feminine takes great effort for me and takes the fun out of dressing up. It also gives my wife a good laugh. My wife gives me pointers about how to sit and walk like a female and that is as far as I want to go.

I always dress completely, makeup and all. If I can't do my makeup, then the rest isn't worth the effort.

When I am dressed, I feel a sense of contentment and peace. My wife has even mentioned that she has noticed that. She has even told me a few times that she prefers to have Sami around!

The nails are well worth the tradeoff! I have worn them so much that I can actually be functional with them on!
    Last edited by Samantha43; 10-23-2012 at 03:56 PM.

For the most part I would say that there is no change but I do find it hard to resist using a slightly more feminine hand gestures, which is not easy when you have big hands , my wife use to say ,"Why are you doing that with your hand", I would just shrug my shoulders and smile , now she does not care what I do with my hands
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

I'm more of the casual dresser at home, unless we are alone for the day/evening... I'm happy with just panties and a skirt and t-shirt..
    thigh highs and mary janes is about the extent of it, as I never know for sure when the step-kids might appear..
    Never really change mannerisms except for leg crossing and posture.. try to be less masculine, but sometimes its tough to do..
    The SO also seems to enjoy the 'mild' dressing around the house.. easy to get in and out of 'just in case'..
    She, however, almost NEVER wears skirts/dresses etc... silly girl!!!
    "If it feels good.. - Wear it"!

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Originally Posted by NicoleScott

Orginally Posted by Samantha43

This pretty much describes me. I'm just a dude in a dress....I am who I am. Trying to act feminine takes great effort for me and takes the fun out of dressing up. It also gives my wife a good laugh. My wife gives me pointers about how to sit and walk like a female and that is as far as I want to go.

That about sums it up for me also. I am just a guy who likes to dress up. I am a lazy CD'er, too much hassle to put on a wig and make up most of the time. Quite often I even wear one of my casual shirts while everything else is feminine. My wife knows that I am just trying to be comfortable in the clothes and also comfortable with who I am. She often helps me buy my clothes and will make suggestions as to how she wants to see me when dressed. She knows how much I love lingerie, skirts and stockings.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    We keep our gendered selves as separate as possible, since we are!!!

Tina is a girl with all the external attributes from physical appearance, deportment, voice, and, more and more, psychology.

He is just a guy...solving problems and moving on...throwing around his chain saw, tilling the ground, planting, harvesting, and doing all the carpentry and plumbing!

Separate but not caring about equal.

Miriam
    I go to different extents at various times. I like to have at least once or twice a week when I can get dressed and made up completely, including wig (not much natural hair). On some of these occasions I'll also get out of the house, to a nearby small city where I know no one. But all this takes time to prepare (30-45 minutes), so I only do it when I have the time and energy. My wife is great about this.

More often I'll just throw on a dress, bra, and forms, or even just a nightgown. Just enough to satisfy the urges. If my 20 year old son is around a lot during evenings (he doesn't know), this may be all I get for a few days. My wife is great about this too.

I'll wear a nightgown to bed two or three times a week, and more often when my wife is out of town. She's fine with this, but prefers to feel me without it in bed.

I don't think I change my manner much around the house, mainly just as constrained by the clothes. I try to act much more like a lady when out, but that's just a practical necessity to avoid detection.

From the many stories I've read here, I don't think the clothes or mannerisms have much to do with the problems. Personally I ascribe much of it to ignorance, inflexibility, poor communication, and/or lack of trust in general, but can't speak with certainty since I don't have first hand experience. I kept this a total secret from my first wife (and am convinced she wouldn't have accepted anyway), and my current wife has been great since the moment she learned about a month after we met.

Miriam