Thread: 1st Time dressed out in public

1st Time dressed out in public

Friday night my gg friend had the idea to go to her friends 'who dunnit' theme party with me dressed as a girl and her as a male. She did all my make-up and got me looking real pretty.

We arrived at the party late and walking in was a real daunting experience. It seemed like the music stopped and you could hear a pin drop when i walked in. I'm quite the social butterfly though so I started making jokes about it and quickly informed everyone that it was because I "lost a bet" to my gg friend.

For the first hour though I could see damned near everyone staring at me, looking me up and down, and chuckling. I immediately acknowledged each one of the at the time and continued with the humor.

After everyone became more comfortable with it, they started to get in to their roles and mingle with each other. It was at about that time when I started getting compliments from people there. One girl approached me and said she was jealous that I can walk in heels and she can't. Another came by and told me that I had great legs. Around then I started to become more comfortable with it myself and I was rather popular around the party.

Later in the night it was time for everyone to vote on a few things like: who they thought was the killer, who played their role the best, and my favorite, best dressed. To my surprise, I happened to win best dressed which made me laugh my ass off.

All in all it was a great night and I'm shocked it took me so long to ever go out in public dressed up. I'm also very appreciative to have a friend like her. She did all of it just for me, including dressing up as a guy.

One thing that really sucked though was that the hostess posted pictures of the night on my friends FB wall and my mom happens to be friends with her on FB. That blew up in to a nightmare but, that's a story for another time. I still don't have any regrets though = )

Wow Mika that sounds like a great time was had! You are so lucky to have a girlfriend like that! Thanks for sharing!
    If you don't like the way I'm livin', you just leave this long haired country girl alone:

well, you might as well post the pictures here
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I'll happily post the pictures Joanne once I get them from my friend. Give me a day or so.

Wow I'm jealous that you and your friend had so much fun. I hope you get to do it more often=)
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Aspiring Member
    Sounds like it went great! Are you sure they were "looking you up and down, staring" for the first hour or your imagination? Does not matter, you did it!

I don't see why a stir happen, as what the heck it was a Holloween party

Platinum Member
    Frat friend and a great evening. Sorry to hear about the FB outing, but maybe it will create an opportunity for dialogue with your mom.

Probably a blessing in disguise, the facebook faux pas.
    You have come out wearing a costume as far as your parents are concerned.
    On the other side isn't it great to interact with women once the party gets under way and everyone has had their laugh and settled down.
    I think you had a great night. I like it like that.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CD_Mika View Post
    We arrived at the party late and walking in was a real daunting experience. It seemed like the music stopped and you could hear a pin drop when i walked in. I'm quite the social butterfly though so I started making jokes about it and quickly informed everyone that it was because I "lost a bet" to my gg friend.
    This is what happens when you go to Cowboy parties in Wild West bars with only a piano for music. It was in a film, so it must be true!

Glad you had a great time. Any chance of an invite to the next one?

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Sounds like a great evening - BTW you were not breaking any laws and a party is to have fun (sorry the parental unit did not see it that way)

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Frat friend and a great evening. Sorry to hear about the FB outing, but maybe it will create an opportunity for dialogue with your mom.
    It actually did and it turned in to a surprise "intervention" by my immediate family. I, being stunned, wouldn't acknowledge or deny anything and, in so many words, told them I'm not changing anything. This caused some problems and a heap of awkwardness but I STILL have no regrets.

Glad you had a great time, and just remember no matter what the family says, it's your life, live it for yourself, not them. When you go out now days, you have to figure everyone with a phone has a camera, and 90% have a face book account.
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.